211 users have voted

1. 1. Your final episode rating

• Seinfeld - Hated It
    • Game of Thrones - Not a Fan
    • Lost - It was okay I guess
    • Star Trek TNG - A great way to say goodbye
    • Breaking Bad - Oh Man ... I’m not crying .... <3 Perfect Way to End

33 minutes ago, Darkness Void said:

P.S I really had trouble with WHY TWI HAD TO MOVE while having her own castle. That was never explained. But that aside, I don't have any real problems with this Ep. I am aware that a season 10 poster was released before it was decided to be comics, so I think S9 wasn't going to be the end originally but what do I know? It took TO YESTERDAY to finial see the final.

I think Starlight Glimmer was living in the Castle of Friendship since season 6, and probably still lived there in the last episode?

(@Darkness Void Did you cry at the end of the episode? It was very emotional :blush:)

2 hours ago, Super Splashee said:

I think Starlight Glimmer was living in the Castle of Friendship since season 6, and probably still lived there in the last episode?

(@Darkness Void Did you cry at the end of the episode? It was very emotional :blush:)

I almost did.

And Starlight did live there. If only this Ep had more time to fresh out. By the way, what happened to the Tree Of Harmony? If you noticed, there's a stain glass window of the Young 6 battling a creature. What was that about?

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Darkness Void said:

I almost did.

And Starlight did live there. If only this Ep had more time to fresh out. By the way, what happened to the Tree Of Harmony? If you noticed, there's a stain glass window of the Young 6 battling a creature. What was that about?

Yea, there were many questions, and many things left for us to wonder about. The story editor and writer of the episode, Josh Harber saying somewhere that it is up to us fans to interpret the rest. (if I remember correctly)

My personally wanted to know more about Flurry Heart, thinking she should have been the next student of Twilight, or at least have some bigger roll.

Yea, there were many questions, and many things left for us to wonder about. The story editor and writer of the episode, Josh Harber saying somewhere that it is up to us fans to interpret the rest. (if I remember correctly)

My personally wanted to know more about Flurry Heart, thinking she should have been the next student of Twilight, or at least have some bigger roll.

Maybe we can see in the 2021 film? I mean why give those paintings and now plan on coming back to them in some shape or form?

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Darkness Void said:

Maybe we can see in the 2021 film? I mean why give those paintings and now plan on coming back to them in some shape or form?

If only we could depend on Hasbro to make good choices for us fans.

When it comes to movies, Hasbro just want to try to cash in on celebrity actors, which don't really bring much to the story other than one-lines/jokes/songs, and are not reusable later. :(

If only we could depend on Hasbro to make good choices for us fans.

When it comes to movies, Hasbro just want to try to cash in on celebrity actors, which don't really bring much to the story other than one-lines/jokes/songs, and are not reusable later. :(

I know. EG2 is the best film because it actually uses the songs to push forward the story, while EG3 and the 2017 film had too many songs that didn't push the story forward.

By the way, their pets (from what we saw) started families as well. That was sweet. ^^

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Darkness Void said:

P.S I really had trouble with WHY TWI HAD TO MOVE while having her own castle. That was never explained.

If the writers of this season were stupid enough to make Celestia and Luna retire, make Twilight ruler, bring Sombra back to life, kill off the Tree of Harmony and make Grogar really Discord in disguise the whole time, then they probably gave no thought to the fate of Twilight’s own castle.

1 hour ago, Mixmaster226 said:

If the writers of this season were stupid enough to make Celestia and Luna retire, make Twilight ruler, bring Sombra back to life, kill off the Tree of Harmony and make Grogar really Discord in disguise the whole time, then they probably gave no thought to the fate of Twilight’s own castle.

I have the theory thar, since they released and later removed a season 10 poster, that S9 was began before it was made the final.

That'd explain why there were so many unanswered questions and no closer with the Young6 and the Tree Of Harmony.

Maybe the stain glass paintings of Flurry Heart and Young6 were glimpses of what was planned.

This episode was really emotional for me. I tried not to cry but the waterworks came anyway. There were lots of things that bothered me about this episode, not because they were bad decisions or anything, more like they were great decisions that made me super sad. I honestly didn't like that Pinkie married Cheese because he was never a big part of the series, and because I kinda thought they were too similar to fit together. And how Pound and Pumpkin looked? I wasn't a fan. But this episode made me super sad. I mean, the Mane 6 are so much older, and Twilight turned into a recolor of Celestia, and Flurry's so much older, and Smolder looks exactly the same, and AppleDash may or may not be canon, and EqG became canon, and Fluttershy makes it a habit to jump through dimensions, and Big Mac and Sugar Belle have a kid, and so does Pinkie, and I just can't believe this is the future of the MLP universe! It's crazy and amazing and terrible. It's just so much.

• Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, Riverlight Moonrise said:

This episode was really emotional for me. I tried not to cry but the waterworks came anyway. There were lots of things that bothered me about this episode, not because they were bad decisions or anything, more like they were great decisions that made me super sad. I honestly didn't like that Pinkie married Cheese because he was never a big part of the series, and because I kinda thought they were too similar to fit together. And how Pound and Pumpkin looked? I wasn't a fan. But this episode made me super sad. I mean, the Mane 6 are so much older, and Twilight turned into a recolor of Celestia, and Flurry's so much older, and Smolder looks exactly the same, and AppleDash may or may not be canon, and EqG became canon, and Fluttershy makes it a habit to jump through dimensions, and Big Mac and Sugar Belle have a kid, and so does Pinkie, and I just can't believe this is the future of the MLP universe! It's crazy and amazing and terrible. It's just so much.

That is true. There's so much but so little time left to actually do it. I can only hope the season 10 comics fill in these gaps and makes what we saw more acceptable. The show has done that before. Left us on a rather unfinished note, just to come back later and do it more justice.

• 4 months later...

The last problem wasn't a real episode of MLP FIM, before I get to my point about my opinion on that I want to share my experience of what I felt when watching the episode. When I first started viewing it I expected nothing out of the ordinary and thought it'd be a normal episode that shows a way to say goodbye and end the series off there. But I discovered in the first minute or so that Twilight Sparkle didn't look right and she looked like Pricess Celestia and even had her body shape, it was really weird and I felt very weirded out after seeing it. Also, Spike looked to be a chonky Arnold Schwarzenegger dragon rather than a small baby dragon like he originally was. When I continued watching the Last Problem it was clear to me throughout the viewing of the episode, that it seemed as if it was MLP FIM turned into a weird alternate timeline. But I then saw a flashback and saw that apparently Twilight left Ponyville and moved to Canterlot which weirded me out even more. And after seeing the flashback and then having the show end with a song of Twilight going through Ponyville, the song The Magic Of Friendship Grows wasn't necessarily a bad song but it really didn't fit my taste. And then the last episode of MLP FIM closed with the book in which MLP FIM started with. Now seeing as I was weirded out by the whole episode the Last Problem, I later came to realise that the Last Problem wasn't at all a real episode of MLP FIM but it was a fabricated ending to the franchise. I have some compelling evidence that I will attach below here which is how I came to the conclusion that the Last Problem wasn't a real MLP episode. 

1. Twilight would never be big
2. Spike would never be big
3. Celestia and Luna would never retire
4. Twilight will never be ruler of Equestria
5. Bad dialogue
6. Equestria needs 4 princesses
7. Twilight would never leave Ponyville if she didn’t want to
8. Twilight needs to run the School of Friendship
9. Starlight, Trixie and Sunburst would never run the school of friendship if they didn’t want to
10. Missing the last train
11. Couldn’t have been recorded because the Mane 6 are still young
12. The book at the end was left in Twilight Sparkle’s old house

So there you have it everybody. Those are my thoughts about the MLP FIM episode the Last Problem. Now I would appreciate it if nobody calls me deluded for thinking that the Last Problem never happened, because the MLP forums should be a safe place where everyone is nice to each other and not rude. But at least I know that the Last Problem never happened and the official and real ending to MLP FIM was the episode the ending of the end part 2. But be sure to leave nice replies to my comment if you're interested in me discussing this. 

On 5/23/2020 at 5:51 PM, Splashee® said:

I would have liked them to have gone somewhere with the observation that Flurry Heart was an anomaly (one of few known alicorns to be born that way, if not the first).

I would have also preferred that the major characters' futures (beyond what was set up in previous episodes) be left more or less completely open. If they want us fans to interpret it, then let us interpret it.

In particular, having the CMCs as teachers felt pretty anticlimactic. Over the series, we saw them develop a diverse array of skills - Apple Bloom being good with tools and studying alchemy, Sweetie Belle with her impressive singing voice and exceptional magical abilities for her age, and Scootaloo with her extreme sports and study of mechanics (If she could get her hooves on something like the glider from comic issue 81, even the Wonderbolts might not be off the table). Yet all that gets brushed aside to stick them into the School of Friendship. Though I suppose they could follow the example of the Mane Six and pursue their individual careers in addition to teaching.

Edited by HedonismBot

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/8/2020 at 1:33 AM, DarkyBoode32 said:

But at least I know that the Last Problem never happened and the official and real ending to MLP FIM was the episode the ending of the end part 2. 

Personally, I absolutely HATED that episode, which is why I'm glad that "The Last Problem", despite it sucking, was the actual last episode of the series. 

5 hours ago, MysticWolficorn said:

I was a little bit dissapointed that Appledash was canon because other ships had way more potential and chemistry.

It was a bad move to introduce couples in the very last episodes, in a show that didn't aim to do romance things

• Brohoof 2

4 hours ago, Splashee® said:

It was a bad move to introduce couples in the very last episodes, in a show that didn't aim to do romance things

I completely disagree. I thought they greatly enhanced the show's ending.

Edited by Solar Power

1 hour ago, Solar Power said:

I completely disagree. I thought they greatly enhanced the show's ending.

It might have if we had gotten to see some plausible transition from "platonic friends" to "lovers".

At least issue 94 of the comic looks like it'll give us that for Pinkie Pie and Cheese Sandwich.

14 hours ago, Funtime Splashee said:

7 hours ago, HedonismBot said:

It might have if we had gotten to see some plausible transition from "platonic friends" to "lovers".

Honestly, I think the fact that suddenly some of the characters are couples helps with the idea that this is some time in the future and a lot has changed. Which is useful because this is an episode about friendship surviving major changes in these ponies' lives. I don't think the romantic angle is an important part of this story otherwise. 

Edited by AlexanderThrond

21 minutes ago, TomDaBombMLP said:

The problem is that the pony least likely to join a couple joined a couple which I could’ve done without. :blink:

I think the weirdest thing about all that is that Rarity, the one Ponyville pony who spends her life fussing over her appearance and flirting with stallions seems to be the only one not in some sort of relationship.  Although I guess Queen Twi isn't either (unless she is popping back to the human world for dates)

16 minutes ago, You said:

LOLOLO Rarity, my sister, that spinster!!! :unamused:

That, or she's just not looking for anything long-term.

Nothing wrong with casual relationships.

1 hour ago, Quinch said:

That, or she's just not looking for anything long-term.

Nothing wrong with casual relationships.

"The Ticket Master" had her fantasizing about marrying Prince Blueblood. Though she seemed more interested in the idea of having a high-society husband than having an actual relationship with him.