211 users have voted

1. 1. Your final episode rating

• Seinfeld - Hated It
    • Game of Thrones - Not a Fan
    • Lost - It was okay I guess
    • Star Trek TNG - A great way to say goodbye
    • Breaking Bad - Oh Man ... I’m not crying .... <3 Perfect Way to End

6 hours ago, AlexanderThrond said:

I wonder if Rarity's married. She's always been the most romantic of the mane six. 

as Jim Miller says, "Open to Interpretation" , for me, I believe she and Spike are an item.

8 hours ago, Rixton said:

I generally do not create models for source, but I think someone has already started to work on the future models.
Rather than that I try to give the show a fan spin-off series, I will try my best putting all the things together to make it felt like the original series was. It will be a tribute, and a "light" for the memories of this, I think there will never be an other one in my life like this show was.

Thanks, appreciate it very much, my Brony Brother. I'll keep my eyes open on the Garry's Mod and Source Filmmaker Ponies groups on DA for any news on the models of the older Mane Six.

• Brohoof 1

I always like the 'distant future' kind of thing when it's used in finals, and this time was no exception. I like how the newspaper showed that Lyra and Bon Bon, after their mutual proposal in The Big Mac Question, actually got married and actually stayed together through the years, and I also like the strong implications of AppleDash and FlutterCord being canon. That said, the 'emotional final' feeling for me was kind of missing compared to other shows I've watched, especially because the topic of Twilight's emotion in the flashback was her moving away to Canterlot. The Mane Six were always meant to rule together, so her fear of drifting apart wasn't really that founded, and IMO she overreacted a bit to the situation. Additionally, I didn't really feel the parallel between Twilight as she was before going to Ponyville and Luster Dawn now. Twilight wasn't so much opposed to making friends as she was concerned about the fate of the world. She wasn't interested in making friends, but she wasn't opposed to it either. Luster Dawn just doesn't want to make friends at all. I feel that viewpoint wasn't really given much attention, instead focusing on Twilight and her friends. Being a final episode, that makes sense, but I do think it takes away from Luster Dawn as a character.

Still, though, overall I think it was a fitting end to the series, and I liked the literal bookending they did in the final shot.

• Brohoof 2

I'm glad that not only did Tempest/Fizzlepop, Capper, Zecora, Kirin, Pillars of Equestria, Twilight's family made it to her Princess Coronation.

But, I'm glad the Princesses mentioned to Twilight they'll still be around to help her. I think Celestia and Luna will still be rulers, just in a different way. 

• Brohoof 1

This episode has me messed up. Seeing the mane 6 older... and Twilight just bigger and not getting wrinkles... Seems to confirm what most of us always assumed to be true. Twilight's gonna out live her friends...? Crushes my heart to think about it.

But I'm sure they have many many years ahead. And that's okay.

Looking at the episode objectively, I think they did it as good as they could have. It really highlights how life is like a book, and goes through changes. Even ends eventually. But we can be glad that it happened. And we can expect a new generation to carry on with new experiences.

A little sad. A lot happy. Great episode. Great show.

• Brohoof 1

What a great ending to an incredible series. I was at a meetup that was showing the finale (which felt like a convention since alot of folks were vendoring at the event). I was pretty somewhat surprised of how the characters age pretty quickly into the future. Canterlot rebuilt looks more like a cosmopolitan city with all the creatures inhabiting the place. The flashback was pretty tense to say the lease. I feared the whole group was gonna break up, but it's good to see they did not let the failure of Twilight's coronation affect the Mane Six's friendship. The ending was emotional to the core. I almost cried as the last song was being played. Some people were crying as Luster Dawn headed off into the distance with the book closed. Overall, this was an experience I will never forget. There's never gonna be another show like this again in terms of the internet, pop culture and in our current lifetime. 

On 10/12/2019 at 10:26 PM, Twilight Luna said:

Well, it ended like I thought it would. The series began with the opening of a book and it ended with the closing of a book. Are we to assume that Rainbow and Applejack are a couple? :ooh:

That's what I'm wondering too. Faust did say at the beginning when she was in the production team that Dash wasn't a lesbian... 

• Brohoof 3

19 minutes ago, TransitPony said:

What a great ending to an incredible series. I was at a meetup that was showing the finale (which felt like a convention since alot of folks were vendoring at the event). I was pretty somewhat surprised of how the characters age pretty quickly into the future. Canterlot rebuilt looks more like a cosmopolitan city with all the creatures inhabiting the place. The flashback was pretty tense to say the lease. I feared the whole group was gonna break up, but it's good to see they did not let the failure of Twilight's coronation affect the Mane Six's friendship. The ending was emotional to the core. I almost cried as the last song was being played. Some people were crying as Luster Dawn headed off into the distance with the book closed. Overall, this was an experience I will never forget. There's never gonna be another show like this again in terms of the internet, pop culture and in our current lifetime.

Indeed, despite I will try my best on story-side and animating a spin-off series, I have a fear it will not have the same feeling.

• Brohoof 1

Immortality has its perks, and making this a story about change - and how friendships change over time - was definitely the right way to pull this story off. If this is something Twilight has to do, then yeah, of course this change would cause other changes, even if those changes are to keep friends in touch. It still feels kinda weird to me to tell that story about a change that is not particularly urgent and is not something Twilight ever seemed to want, though. I can't help but wonder what would happen if she just said "no." And honestly I'm not sure why she couldn't have just established her capital in Ponyville. 

• Brohoof 2

5 hours ago, AlexanderThrond said:

And honestly I'm not sure why she couldn't have just established her capital in Ponyville. 

I always got the impression that the modern ponies of Equestria put an emphasis on tradition. Could be that. I do like to thing of her moving away as almost a meta reference to the show ending and this being a call to action to keep in touch with all your friends around you, and that it’s going to be more work to do it but will be worth it. 

• Brohoof 3

11 minutes ago, Say my name said:

I always got the impression that the modern ponies of Equestria put an emphasis on tradition. Could be that. I do like to thing of her moving away as almost a meta reference to the show ending and this being a call to action to keep in touch with all your friends around you, and that it’s going to be more work to do it but will be worth it. 

I might have mentioned this before, but

When I joined the fandom between Seasons 3 and 4, I assumed Twilight was going to be moving into the Canterlot Castle. Turned out we had to wait 6 more years for that to happen.:P

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, AlexanderThrond said:

And honestly I'm not sure why she couldn't have just established her capital in Ponyville. 

2 hours ago, Say my name said:

I always got the impression that the modern ponies of Equestria put an emphasis on tradition. Could be that.

Additionally, moving a capital isn't as easy as it looks, even in fiction. I don't know if this is correct, but hasn't Canterlot been Equestria's capital since before Celestia and Luna became princesses? If not, then Canterlot has been the capital for at least a millennium. Its chronological history well outperforms that of the smaller Ponyville.

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Dark Qiviut said:

Additionally, moving a capital isn't as easy as it looks, even in fiction. I don't know if this is correct, but hasn't Canterlot been Equestria's capital since before Celestia and Luna became princesses? If not, then Canterlot has been the capital for at least a millennium. Its chronological history well outperforms that of the smaller Ponyville.

Fair enough, I guess. 

Although, this whole arc has made me wonder what that whole princess council thing at the start of Equestria Girls was. 

10 hours ago, Brainstorm said:

I'm glad that not only did Tempest/Fizzlepop, Capper, Zecora, Kirin, Pillars of Equestria, Twilight's family made it to her Princess Coronation.

During a brief second when Twilight fell from the balcony, I saw Zephyr Breeze front and center in the gasping crowd with genuine worry for the Princess. Thank you for one last Zephyr cameo.

• Brohoof 2

It was a nice way to wrap things up and was a nice touch at the end. I usually don't like fanservices, but this time it actually matters because it's an epilogue where every little details matters and shows how the characters are afterwards. It's hard to not be emotional watching this episode. And I'd say it was an objectively better episode that 24+25.

And it was more genuinely enjoyable than I expected, I laughed at the apple sauce.

Edited by Sepul-Coloratura

HOPE everypony likes this farewell song parody ! Goodbye ponyville road you can't leave friendship is magic out of your heart many times you cried I'm going back to my rainboom cloud where the Discord causes chaos and this you find the Ponyville Road ahhhhhhh Ponyville Road ahhhhhhh Goodbye Ponyville Road you can't leave friendship is magic out of your heart many times you cried I'm going back to my rainboom cloud where Discord causes chaos and this find the Ponyville Road ahhhhhhh ahhhhhhh ahhhhhhh  Ponyville Road Ponyville road!!!

Enjoy with wonderful tears of joy Goodbye My Little Pony you'll always be Loyaty in my heart !

Well I finally went ahead and caught myself up on the last few episodes after life kinda made it hard to do so.

I got a fair bit teary-eyed throughout this last one. Especially with that final song, the little montage showing so many of the characters we've grown to love, Twilight's moment at the end with Luster Dawn, the book closing... :(

Also... is that a grown-up Flurry Heart on the stained glass inside the castle? Certainly looks like it. 

• Brohoof 3

The tears didn't come for me until the day after I saw it. I've been struggling with Seasonal Affective Disorder and an anxiety disorder, so this has been very rough on me.  I'm getting better each day, though.

There's something I'd noticed about the series, though:  Twilight and her friends have proven to be one of the greatest forces for good in the FiM world, connecting not only with other ponies, but also with other kinds of creatures.  This was even true before Season 8 and the friendship school.  What's astonishing about how much they're a force for good is that it comes not from their brute strength, speed, or magic, no matter how much of each of those they've got:  it comes from simply being who they are---honest, loyal, generous, kind, funny, and friendly.

I'd always figured that the thing that gave Twilight and her friends the time and breathing room they needed was the fact that Celestia and Luna were running the country.  And that, in turn, made me figure that Celestia giving her crown to Twilight would backfire spectacularly, keeping Twilight from being much of a hero by making her a bureaucrat.

But then I saw what Canterlot turned into after decades of Twilight's rule:  creatures of every kind were in the streets and employed at the castle.  That's something Celestia and Luna never managed, and hints that the kind of harmony and peace that she has managed to achieve for the world.

When I recorded my letter to Twilight, I said that she showed me how amazing it can be when a person or a pony allows themselves to grow, and really, her ascension to the highest throne in Equestria was the last piece of growth that she could've achieved, and now she's made Equestria grow, too.

Cadence was right in the Season 2 finale flashback:  Twilight really is amazing!

• Brohoof 5

This seems to be canon now

It's been a while since I saw the ending ever since the leaks. I'll have to find the time to see it again.

It's been a while since I saw the ending ever since the leaks. I'll have to find the time to see it again. Suffice it to say for the moment that this is what stuck out to me the most.

Edited by Remnants
  • Brohoof 1

9 hours ago, HereComesTom said:

But then I saw what Canterlot turned into after decades of Twilight's rule:  creatures of every kind were in the streets and employed at the castle.  That's something Celestia and Luna never managed, and hints that the kind of harmony and peace that she has managed to achieve for the world.

The question is did this change come about because Twilight was ruler or inspite of it? That is I think we see the foundations of this new society in the school of friendship's student 6 and the change in Neighsay's attitude. So I think this would have happened anyway as a result of the new friendship for all view that yes Twilight did start. However I question whether it might not be happening quicker and more extensively if rather than putting her in charge of Equestria she was allowed to continue acting solely as the princess of friendship reaching out to other societies and species rather than being bogged down with the day to day running of a country.

• Brohoof 4

First of all, I'd like to say this was a great way to end the series.  Alot of shows will end right after the 'climax' of the series, but having a 'after math' episode even with a nice lesson from it was done well.  And it's nice to see the other ponies... older.

Though, *sigh* seriously this is just so evil.  Twilight grew to Celestia size?! o.O what are the rules!  Do all alicorns do that or is it like some kind of Princess thing?  (Growing to that size just comes with the job.) so just ugh...

Aside for that, interesting things in the ponies' lives... like Pinkie and Cheeze getting together (though, was that hinted at or started with one of thsoe 8 epsiodes I missed?).  Then, based on the dialog, were they saying Rainbow Dash and Applejack got together?  Or am I reading into it?  Then Rarity, hmm... well didn't seem much change there since didn't seem she was maried or anything and well still doing fashion :P.  Though, makes me wonder, did I miss the 'climax' of Spike's crush on Rarity in that episode I missed?  Figured they'd do something with that :/  Hmm...  Anyways, then Fluttershy seems to be living with Discord based on what she said, yet some of the lines spoken sounds they're still just friends.  Which is fine either way if you ask me just was curious.

Either way, it was a nice after math episode and I really enjoyed it.  Ofcourse, the book shutting at the end was a very nice touch.  Almost makes me want to marathon the entire Series :3

But, I'll probably wait for Season 9 to come out on Netflix before I do :P (since ugh evil problems I had with Dish on Demand... plus I think it was missing 8 episodes cuz they weren't there :/ )

• Brohoof 2