The Last Poll  

211 users have voted

1. 1. Your final episode rating

• Seinfeld - Hated It
    • Game of Thrones - Not a Fan
    • Lost - It was okay I guess
    • Star Trek TNG - A great way to say goodbye
    • Breaking Bad - Oh Man ... I’m not crying .... <3 Perfect Way to End

So this episode hit me HARD. It was just perfect and frankly I am emotional enough to want to force choke a few neigh sayers. Ill post more thoughts tomorrow. But remember a Jedi can still use electric judgement....

• Brohoof 3

1 minute ago, Jedishy said:

So this episode hit me HARD. It was just perfect and frankly I am emotional enough to want to force choke a few neigh sayers. Ill post more thoughts tomorrow. But remember a Jedi can still use electric judgement....

This episode hit us all hard. made me bawl, but that's mainly because i'm naturally a very emotional person.

• Brohoof 1

On 10/18/2019 at 4:12 PM, Dark Qiviut said:

and Rarity lives and sells fashion at her boutique in Yakyakistan.) 

When did it say she lives there?

12 minutes ago, Senko said:

When did it say she lives there?

In the episode, she explained that coming down to Canterlot from Yaktakistan's more difficult than before, suggesting this trip is very common for her when meeting for the Council of Friendship. (Not to mention Yona and Sandbar live in the Boutique now.)

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 4

Just finished watching 3 finale episodes with my friend a few minutes ago. This three-parters are great, they handled it well. I will rewatch it more couple of times to find out what i missed but so far this finale, especially The Last Problem, is the good way to end the show.

There are few things the show missed out (to me) so the comic will take care the rest. Maybe some people will cry from inside because this is the farewell of the show but me, nah, the comic (season 10) still going so i will jump to the next hype train. The comics, the fan content will keep me interested when the G5 comes. 

• Brohoof 2

• This topic was unfeatured and unpinned
On 10/16/2019 at 12:19 PM, JCKane said:

Though, makes me wonder, did I miss the 'climax' of Spike's crush on Rarity in that episode I missed?

Episode 19 dealt with that.

On 10/18/2019 at 12:12 AM, Dark Qiviut said:

A nitpick, but the adults are looking a little older than what they show. They're all at least in their mid-thirties if not closer to 40, but the giant bags under their eyes make them look like they're older than Bow Hothoof or Windy Whistles. Lighter, smaller, subtler lines under their eyes may work more to better match that range.

Those lines reminded me of Soarin, who has the same thing going on under his eyes. He's still able to fly for the Wonderbolts so he can't be too old, and I'd like to think the same is true for the ReMane 5. As for Bow and Windy, maybe they're big on wrinkle reducing creams? :mlp_smile:

I've been on a road trip that began shortly before the finale aired, and since trying to type a long set of comments on a mobile device isn't my idea of a vacation, I'll say a lot more after I return next weekend. (I also have more to say about The Big Mac Question.) But I did like the remaining 3 episodes and was happy to see the series end with a proper denouement.

I suspect Twilight's coronation will go down in history as the only one where the new ruler of Equestria started her reign by falling off the tower balcony the moment she became ruler. :mlp_laugh:

• Brohoof 4

On a side note, the Last Problem reminds me of some parts of the Final Season of ONCE Upon a Time. For one, it ends with all the people of different Faraway Lands coming together. In this MLP episode, the ponies, dragons, changelings, etc. were finally socializing. In ONCE, one final spell brought together the lands of Enchanted Forest, Camelot, Arendelle, Agrabah, Neverland, Wonderland etc. into one place

It also ends with a coronation. Here, Twilight is crowned the ruler of Equestria. In ONCE, Regina (who used to strike fear in people as Snow White's Evil Queen) is crowned the Elected Good Queen of the United Realms. Sunset Shimmer is a lot more closer to Regina's Once a Villain Reformed Character, but the connection is still there

And one last thing to point out, the ONCE final season was a slight reboot featuring a few characters being older after some time later. Just like how this MLP Episode shows what happened several years later.

In my experience, both these shows have been the show's I never missed a new episode on every weekend during their first run. Both shows may have ended, but they were fun none the less

I watched through the episode a second time with my mom, and I spotted something that I didn't see the first time around...

On 10/13/2019 at 10:32 AM, Justin_Case001 said:

Oh, and TEMPEST!!  Now, I hated the movie, but I loved Tempest.  She was the only good thing about it.  I'm so glad she was there!  That was so cool.  Ol' Fizz Pop.  I didn't see those Celestia dammed pirate birds, or that f*ckin alley cat Capper, thank Celestia.  They don't belong in the FIM universe.  (If they were in the crowd somewhere, please don't tell me about it.  :P)

Spoiler

Capper.thumb.jpg.91c5bd339f7f49d9089294b798114c1d.jpg

Spoiler

Oh well.  At least he wasn't actually in the episode.

I also noticed something else in the same scene that I thought was pretty cool:

Spoiler

2143351750_SunnyFlash.thumb.jpg.04545bcdccf25c9c351cd7a790573f2c.jpg

Boom!

Spoiler

This is actually huge.  Do you know what this means?  Unless I missed some Easter egg, this is the first time that any EG character has appeared on FIM!  Now, I realize that they're not actually in the episode, per se, but nothing from EG has ever even been mentioned or referenced on FIM until now.  That means that EG has officially graduated from B-canon to just plain canon!  And that may be much to the chagrin of those who don't like EG, but I love it, so this I think this is cool.

Alright, that's it.  Catch you guys on the flippity flip.

3 hours ago, Justin_Case001 said:

Unless I missed some Easter egg, this is the first time that any EG character has appeared on FIM!

Pony Flash Sentry appeared in S4's Three's a Crowd and Twilight's Kingdom part 1

Cadance_walking_out_of_the_train_S4E11.png.726d01d35375b255db81cd3eefa12fcb.png

He even spoke in the latter. At 1:20

3 hours ago, Justin_Case001 said:

nothing from EG has ever even been mentioned or referenced on FIM until now. 

Also, the Sirens very clearly appeared in a flashback in season 7 finale part 2

1:57 of this clip

How can you miss that? It's so obviously in your face.:P

• Brohoof 3

On 10/19/2019 at 5:05 PM, Dark Qiviut said:

In the episode, she explained that coming down to Canterlot from Yaktakistan's more difficult than before, suggesting this trip is very common for her when meeting for the Council of Friendship. (Not to mention Yona and Sandbar live in the Boutique now.)

Hmm I missed that more reason to dislike and ignore it. I share my rant from Discord on the subject.

I cant see Celestia just handing rulership over like that Twilight's readiness aside it denies her years of memories with her friends prior to their death, years she'll never have a chance at again. All the experiences she missed out on having to rule e.g. Pinkie giving birth - No she was attending a conference in Maretonia. Starlight and Trixies wedding - No there was an emergency with that years swanifying Ceremony. Granny Smith's funeral - No she was negotiating a new trade agreement with the Griffons. Not to mention all the pet play picnics, weekends hanging out, camping trips or just plain everyday life moments where you need to be there to share them because you can't reproduce them after the fact.

I cant see Celestia even considering stepping down on a long term basis till they're gone. Not just to ensure Twilight can deal with ponies who'll be born, grow up and die before her eyes without closing herself off emotionally but to give Twilight that chance with Ponies her own age to share experiences and form memories to comfort her in the long millenia ahead because this is something she will never be able to replicate. Even if she makes new friends there will always be that subtle barrier because she'll have seen what they're going through before possibly many times. Just look at her interactions with her friends vs Luster Dawn. She cares for Luster but she'll never have the same relationship with her she does with Dash, Pinkie, Rarity, Applejack or Fluttershy. Even without the teacher/princess barrier Luster wont understand what its like to grow up in a world where an entire town can cower in fear before a friendly Zebra looking to do some shopping. It's not necessarily a bad thing that Luster lacks that experience but its just one example of the difference between an immortal and a mortal and its a difference that only grows more pronounced with time. Twilight needs this chance to be as normal a pony as she can for as long as she can because once it's gone it's gone for good. Not to mention how removing her from the dynamic affects her friends relationships as well. Take this fanmade animation by Agrol (I also recommend their other animations) . . .

Now remove Twilight from Ponyville and it just doesn't happen. Dash doesn't find another reading material, Twilight doesn't get a nice little insight into her friend and this is something which simply can not be recreated or even occur as naturally when they are seperated by both her duties and her distance from them. It doesn't even have to be major events just a simple matter like a new Daring Do book coming out is no longer something she can chat with Dash about as they read it or while attending a Daring Do convention together. This has all been permanently taken away from her and them. Twilight gets just one chance to experience life with Ponies who have the same experiences she had growing up or who view her as a pony first and a princess second to deny her that is not just cruel but it diminishes all of them as a pony. However she'll have centuries to rule or help rule after the ponies she grew up with are gone.

I can now add to this speculation on whether if she hadn't had to move to Canterlot would Rarity be living in Yakyakistan afterall she opened stores in Canterlot and Manehattan without leaving the Boutique perhaps now she has a reason to avoid Ponyville because of sad memories ir perhaps she just wasn't as close to the others any more?

Edited by Senko

28 minutes ago, Buttonmash1973 said:

That was the best FiM season ending ever.

Yeah, but the sad news is, with that out of the way, it's now the end of the road for My Little Pony until the next announcement in the future.

Loved this episode. I won't lie though, did get pretty emotional seeing the ponies grow old and Twi being a legit princess now. The song at the end with the book closing basically brought me to tears. Will greatly miss this show and the fandom. 

• Brohoof 4

I said many times before. This has been an incredible series.

And to use an scene from 1959 Animated Sleeping Beauty:

(Fan 1 cries)

Fan 2: Why, Fan 1.

Fan 3: Whatever is the matter, friend?

Fan 1: After today, this will be the final episode and we won't have any Friendship is Magic.

Fan 3 (starting to get emotional): Oh, Fan 2!

Fan 2 (struggling to hold back tears): Now, now, we all knew this day has to come.

Fan 3: But why did it have to come so soon?

Fan 2: After all, we've been with the show for 9 years.

Fan 1: Nine wonderful years!

(All fans shed tears of bittersweetness)

• Brohoof 3

On 10/20/2019 at 11:18 AM, Wolf Guide said:

Pony Flash Sentry appeared in S4's Three's a Crowd and Twilight's Kingdom part 1

Also, the Sirens very clearly appeared in a flashback in season 7 finale part 2

How can you miss that? It's so obviously in your face.:P

Oh.  Right.  I forgot.  :sunny:  Still, I think it's a bit of a different precedent to show Sunny, cause if you've never seen EG, then you'd never think anything of the pony Flash cameos or the sirens on FIM.  Pony Flash would just be a completely random guard, and the sirens would be just another mythical beast.  But if you've never seen EG, then you'd be like, "Wait, who's that bacon-haired mare in the montage?  What's she doing there?"  Eh, maybe that's a bit of a stretch.  Guess I was just wrong.  But I'm pretty sure that was the first appearance of Sunset of FIM, and that's still cool.

• Brohoof 1

Totally did not expect to have the three main bad guys NOT be reformed at the end. 
Also, I got questions and complaints. 
1. WTF?! Middle aged ponies? GAH! why did cheese and Pinkie, and 

2. Are Rainbow Dash and Applejack a pair? This ending HEAVILY imploy this. Especially at the end where rainbow dash and applejack talk about "chores" and dash has her hoof on aj's head at the end. 

3. I WANT MORE TRIXIE...why no show how everypony else ended up like? 

• Brohoof 1

I was thinking that Twilight and her friends would rule together from Twilight's castle after the first episode this season. I was surprised when Twilight moved back to Canterlot and kind of became the sole ruler.

• Brohoof 1

I liked this episode much more the second time I watched it. One thing I noticed the second time that I didn't notice the first time is WHY her coronation was a disaster - it was directly due to Twilight teleporting her friends with her on the train due to her missing it due to crying with her friends before. I think that's really powerful, because it unambiguously sends the message that it was more important for Twilight to have that moment with her friends than for her coronation to go well. Here we get to see the consequences of the choice and the interpretation of those consequences, which is really what makes the choice meaningful, and reveals the values underlying the choice. I also really like the song at the end, Twilight has such a beautiful voice. Overall, it's exactly what I expected from the final episode of the show, and they pulled it off well. 

One thing though that still remains an issue is that nobody ever asked Twilight if she wanted any of this, Celestia just shoveled the responsibility on her and the only question posed was if she was ready for it, implicitly assuming that it is something she will eventually do. I don't think Faust would have let that pass if she was still on the show because the lack of consent in the whole process just goes against her philosophy, and she enforced avoiding much more minor problematic content like ensuring the ponies in Ticket Master didn't apologize for wanting to go, but rather for harassing Twilight. For this reason, even though I find it a beautiful ending for the show, I don't really see it as Twilight's canonical fate. (Note that the term canon can also refer to works in a collection written by the original author, which differs from how it's used to refer officially in-universe material, and that's the angle I prefer because it keeps a single creative vision in-tact.)

• Brohoof 3

On 10/22/2019 at 7:16 PM, Star Petal said:

I WANT MORE TRIXIE...why no show how everypony else ended up like? 

1673315230_GreatandpowerfulTrixie.thumb.png.a67331275fe7331cbe3485b04305d099.pngS

Sadly this seems like all we get of her.

9 hours ago, Ganondox said:

I liked this episode much more the second time I watched it. One thing I noticed the second time that I didn't notice the first time is WHY her coronation was a disaster - it was directly due to Twilight teleporting her friends with her on the train due to her missing it due to crying with her friends before.

Which is the point I made earlier unless she's living with her friends she'll miss out on so much and she'll never get another chance for it.:worry:

I liked it : ) I’m glad everyone ended up happy. I never doubted they would but it’s nice to see a definitive happily ever after. 

A nice lesson in “things change but friends still connect with each other”, as someone who recently went away to college it’s nice to see. 

Not to be a loser but the implied Fluttercord really sent me, I care about them ;_; Also really excited about Appledash, platonic or romantic. Mega cute. Neutral on Cheesepie.

Overall wow the horses love each other 🦄/10

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, Bas said:

Just watched it.

It has a nice, albeit melancholic ending. I did miss a call-out to fans and bronies, TBH, similar to the ep100.

It also showed that everypony, including us IRL, can stay friends even if each of us goes our own ways.

Also, that young mare was just Twi v3.0.

This leads me to def to believe G5 will be a continuation, either before or after E26.

My guess is that the CMC or y6 will be either mane or very reconcurring characters with the old m6 appearing as cameos or advisors. 

Looking at the shot above, I am guessing the CMC will achive something given that thing AB is wearing around her neck.

It also looks like we got a glimpse on how ponies age - comparing AB to the m6's age. I am actually surprised how muhc older the m6 got, relatively speaking, they look like humans in 40s, while AB looks just like 10 years older compared to what she was before. To me, it just looks like  the adult ponies aged more than the yungsters did.

Except Trixie is probably around the same age and in the image I posted she looks a lot younger. I think they just "aged" the mane 6 more because they were in the spotlight longer and being used to show "time has passed" wheareas the CMC just made a guest apperance as it were. Of course the CMC age is . . . inconsistent let us say. THey're all old enough to basically run their own business and be taken seriously by adults on advice about their children yet their too "young" to go to Appleoosa alone.

How appropriate that my 100th post is on the third and conclusive part of the series finale!

This was a decent episode, but I feel like it didn't leave much to the imagination. Presumably set about 20 years in to the future, it feels detached from everything I've come to know about this world and its characters. We've already seen Twilight get her wings and Spike get his wings. Rainbow Dash is a Wonderbolt, Fluttershy has the sanctuary, Rarity has the boutique, Starlight is the headmare.... oh yeah, and AJ still has her hat.

With all this change throughout the series, was such a drastic time skip necessary?

R.I.P. Granny Smith? Damn, that's sad. Realistic, but sad.

It's totally plausible that Pinkie and Cheese could have developed romantic feelings for each other during the time skip, but I can't just invest in a ship without seeing its foundation or having an existing bias towards it, which I didn't.

Manly Spike's "WHAT?!" sounded weird. I guess Cathy isn't accustomed to his deeper voice. It was a good effort though.

So many years of character development and none of us get to see it. I get what the moral was going for, that change is both inevitable and a part of life. The end of MLP is definitely a big change for us bronies. I was 12 years old when Season 1 started. I have watched this show loyally for almost half of my current life span. From Season 1 to 9, we've seen these characters learn so much about friendship and at the end of last episode, they're the characters in whom I'm invested. Change happens, whether it's good or bad, but it happens gradually. The start and the end aren't as important as everything that happens in between.

That said, as far as gratuitous time skip finales go, this wasn't terrible. The flashbacks to Twilight's coronation were just what I needed to stay invested in the plot. Even in the unfamiliar future, the song was a great emotional way to end the series.

Middle-aged Rarity has a grey streak in her mane. Hmmm, I wonder if that means she's the oldest of the Mane 6?

My Little Pony may have reached its end, but My Little Human isn't quite over. I'm definitely tuning in for more Equestria Girls next week! I also found out today about the upcoming sequel to the MLP movie, which I hope can provide the closure this series deserves. So there's definitely more exciting content to look forward to!

A lot of shows have a focus on the subject of friendship, but none that go as deep as MLP. Friendship is such an elaborate and wonderful thing. To paraphrase Twilight, there will always be darkness. There will always be sadism and prejudice in our hearts. But with generosity, kindness, laughter, honesty, loyalty and magic, we can overcome our vices and change for the better. The show will live on in us and the morals we have learned.