Latecomer

general questions Are emails required for notifications?

I always keep this tab open, so it seems silly to clog up my inbox (or rather, my spam folder).

(edited)

This tab = Your emails?

As someone who had pretty much the question in the past:

A notification when new content is posted - Only on MLPF site, no emails

One email per day with all new content from that day - Email, not sure about whether you also got notification on MLPF itself

One email per week with all new content from that week - Email, not sure about whether you also got notification on MLPF itself

Hope that helps!

Edited by Bas

You can disable email notifications in the unF1QYX.pngnotification settings (click your username in the upper right corner, select account settings and to the right you'll see notification settings).

There you'll find options to configure when you want to receive forum notifications and emails. You can either choose one, both or none, for each case set separately to suit your preferences better. :) 

@Latecomer

Has the reply above sufficiently answered your question?

I think so. Still getting some spam, but I think I just need to disable the notification on each existing followed thread, right?

Possibly. If you've set them to send emails when you followed these, you'll have to update the preferences now.

Don't worry though, it's a quick process. oilUbfM.png

To change the follow preferences, go to Manage Followed Content page click your name in the upper right corner and select Manage Followed Content from the menu.

To the right you can quickly select all followed contents on the current page...

Spoiler

Exv46mJ.png

... and then at the bottom, click the bell icon and select your desired preference. :) 

Spoiler

TKJbvsU.png

And that should get rid of these emails. MamJ89C.png

5 hours ago, Rikifive said:

Possibly. If you've set them to send emails when you followed these, you'll have to update the preferences now.

Don't worry though, it's a quick process. oilUbfM.png

To change the follow preferences, go to Manage Followed Content page click your name in the upper right corner and select Manage Followed Content from the menu.

To the right you can quickly select all followed contents on the current page...

Hide contents

Exv46mJ.png

... and then at the bottom, click the bell icon and select your desired preference. :) 

Hide contents

TKJbvsU.png

And that should get rid of these emails. MamJ89C.png

But it won't stop me being notified on the page and in my browser?

The first option should be sending you notifications here on the forums (+browser if enabled); The two in the middle are email subscriptions and the last one should prevent you from getting anything.

So if you want to receive notifications, but not emails, select the first option. You might also need to configure notification preferences to adjust specific notifications accordingly to that.