Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

adventure Elements of Equestria Ch. 4

DivineMist1000

IMG_1489.PNG.9cdd0d47d4e68978d6e22c64e01321ed.PNG

Chapter 4: Another Day...

It was a very peaceful and calm morning in the Everfree Forest and all manner of creatures and critters were just starting to wake up and greet the day. One pony, however, had more of a sleepy start to her day. Complete with snoring loudly and struggling to wake up, she tossed and turned as she mumbled to herself in her sleep.

This unicorn pony had reddish fur with a very red mane and tail and strangely, a broken horn. Her name was Tempest Shadow a.k.a. Fizzlepop Berrytwist, who was the former servant of the Storm King and the one who temporarily took over the city of Canterlot before Twilight Sparkle intervened and helped her see the error of her ways. After all of this transpired, Tempest decided to go out on her own and do the best she could to restore all of the damage she had caused.

She decided to build herself a house deep in the forest, where she stayed until somepony had need of her. Unfortunately, this did nothing to relieve her of horrible nightmares, flashbacks and the overwhelming stress of what she did.

Finally, after a few more minutes of snoozing, Tempest finally awoke and let out a big yawn. She got up from the bed and did a few stretches to get rid of all the cramps she had. Once she was done, Tempest went to a mirror by the bed and saw the messy mane that she now had. She actually laughed a bit at the wild look she had.

"Hehe, I'll have to fix that up right away."

Tempest grabbed the brush with her magic, but struggled a little bit due to her broken horn. She brushed her mane until it was once again straight and smile when she had her signature look again.

"Perfect. Not that anypony will care how I look, but I should at least appear civil."

Tempest went to her closet and got out a black and gray hooded cloak. She put on the cloak, but before she closed the door, she caught a glimpse of her old armor and saw the Storm King's insignia glowing. Just then, a horrible flashback of Tempest turning the Princesses of Equestria into obsidian statues crossed her mind, but she snapped out of it a moment later and slammed the door.

"Why did I have to see that again?"

Before Tempest went outside, she checked her supplies in the kitchen and saw that she was about out of food and suddenly felt a rumble in her belly. 

"And I was gonna make a delicious soup today. Well, I better grab some more food while I'm out."

Tempest grabbed her money pouch from her room and hung the pouch on her cloak. She went to the door and finally made her way outside, but had to shield her eyes from the blinding sun above her.

"Alright, I'll grab the supplies I need, maybe see if anypony in town requires assistance and return home. Simple."

Tempest smiled confidently and started making her way towards town.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once Tempest made it to the center of town, she looked around curiously as she started to smell something delicious. She saw a food cart nearby that was making grilled oats, but the line leading to it was stretching to the other end of the world and decided to forget it.

"I don't have time to wait in lines. I should just get my supplies and be on my way"

But while Tempest was making her way to a general store nearby, she remained wary of any ponies that might be in trouble. For now, however, all seem quiet and peaceful. 

Tempest entered the store and the clerk at the register greeted her with a smile.

"Welcome, welcome. So glad you decided to shop with us! Can I help you find anything?"

"No, thank you. I'm just grabbing some food and other supplies. I won't be long."

The clerk nodded to her and left Tempest to browse the store. She went to the food section of the store and picked out the things she needed to make a delicious vegetable soup, but she saw some equally delicious cookies and cake nearby and decided to grab a few of those as well.

"I believe a few desserts will perk up my mood. Hehe."

Once Tempest was done shopping, she returned to the register and the clerk started bagging the supplies.

"I thank you for shopping with us. So, do you live in town?"

"Uhh, no I don't actually. I'm not really from around here."

"Oh, I see. We get a lot of travelers from all corners of Equestria. Some come to see the princesses, other come just to see the sites, all sorts of reasons to visit. What's your reason for visiting us?

"I'm just here to shop." Tempest quickly paid for the supplies, grabbed her bags and left the store.

"Uhh... well, come back and see us sometime"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tempest went back outside and noticed how much busier it had gotten, with fillies playing in the street, other ponies chatting and food carts filling up with more lines. Tempest made her way towards the forest when she suddenly heard the sound of somepony crying. She looked around and saw a little filly who had dropped her ice cream on the ground, but her parents were waiting in a long line to get her another ice cream.

The filly continued crying, but Tempest came up with an idea to help make this situation go away. She went over to the ice cream vendor and tapped her on the back to get her attention.

"Excuse me, I don't mean to interrupt your ice cream business, but a little filly over there has dropped her ice cream. Do you think you could make a special sundae for her? I'll pay for it."

The pony smiled at her suggestion and started making a very delicious sundae, which included three scoops of ice cream, a banana, a layer of hot fudge, whipped cream, sprinkles and a cherry on top. She handed the ice cream to Tempest and she was prepared to pay her when she stopped her and smiled.

"No charge. That wonderful smile on her face is the only payment I need."

Tempest nodded to her and returned to the filly with the ice cream. She kneeled down beside her and pushed the ice cream towards her. The filly looked at Tempest and the ice cream and smiled happily when she realized the ice cream was for her.

"T-thank you! Thank you so much! You're so so so awesome!" The filly danced around happily and gave Tempest a big hug, which she was surprised by at first, but happily returned the favor.

The filly went to her parents and told them about Tempest giving her the ice cream, but she was already gone before they could see her.

Tempest saw this as she hid behind the corner of a building. She smiled happily at what she did and was happy that the filly was now happy too.

"It never hurts to help those in need... Well, I should get going."

Tempest looked back one more time before she headed back into the Everfree Forest.

A/N: Hooray! I'm so happy I get to do another awesome chapter about an awesome pony. Hope you all like it and have a wonderful day!

Edited by DivineBlur1000
  • Brohoof 4