Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I ordered a custom pony plush for the first time, and I'm in absolute awe.

Toastypk

He's here.
I ordered a custom pony plush months ago.
Of one of my favorite guys.

And now he's here.

styg1.jpg

styg2.jpg

styg3.jpg

Stygian!

This is made by little-broy-peep on deviantart, 
And oh my god guys... He's so well made!
I'm in sheer adoration.
He has such heft to him.
It makes it slightly harder to cuddle with than  I was picturing, but it means he feels more "real" than you would think too!
His cloak can come off too. He has a clasp on his front where you can undo it. 

Months ago I was looking around plush maker pages on deviantart, and on one waiting list, I saw Stygian's name on it! No way! Someone is making him! This would be the first time he would be made in plush form! I decided I had to get on that train.

The images came out of that first plush and I was in utter love. So when the opportunity came, I signed on to the list for my own. And now I have possibly the second Stygian plush ever.

You've probably picked up on it if you look at my posts, but he is one of my favorite characters on the show. He is the one I have fixated on the most.

Something drew me to him. Maybe it's because I first learned of his name and wondered what he had to do with the Pony of Shadows, and maybe it's because I felt for him on another level after hearing his story and jealous spiteful situation. I'm sure that it's a mix of both.

And since reading the Legends of Magic comics, which showwcase the Pillars, and Stygian's journey to find them, and hints of his eventual falling out, and the Nightmare Knights comics, where he is one of a team of five former villains teaming up to recover Luna's magic, I've come to love him even more.

I sometimes wonder why he doesn't get as much love as others, at least from the fanart side.

Lots of people have customs of their favorite ponies or OCs. There's lots of photos of people's work, I never jumped on that wagon... until now.

And now I got a shipment that may as well be somepony who sent himself direct from Equestria itself, and I'm so happy.

I feel this serves as a pretty wonderful personal coda to the show being over. I've never gotten a custom plush of anyone, pony or not. But the level of which I'm fixated on him was enough to get me to take the step.

One day I might do the custom thing again, but I don't want to spend too much money at once. But if I do, I'm sure it will be either Sandbar or Sunburst. Both are serious cuties.

What do you think?

• Brohoof 2

I say that you are lucky to have such a good quality plush! Be proud of it! :)
I had this thought several time in my mind too, however I have the fear of no one would understand it.

13 hours ago, AveryGamerDude said:

Nice! How much was it? :)

In the ballpark of $400.

But that's pretty typical for customs like this.

Since they're individually made by one person, more focus gets put on them.

And that doesn't even include the ponies you see that are as big as a couch, those have to be in the four digits.

But if there's a pony you really, really like and you feel you can afford to spend that much without feeling concerned, maybe plunk it down!

• Brohoof 1

That's incredible! The detail is fantastic, I'd love to learn such skills but I think the time I do it'd be long out of fashion.

Speaking of out of fashion, do you think custom plushies / non-Hasbro pony plushies will go out of fashion any time soon? It'd be lovely to get one but as many know it's very difficult to must up the courage to get one. Do you think they're worth all the money?

P.S. I love the little jacket you get with him that can be taken on and off!

9 hours ago, CookieCake said:

do you think custom plushies / non-Hasbro pony plushies will go out of fashion any time soon? 

My guess is... likely not.

People are very into pony. Even if the show ended there are a bunch of characters people like. (and people make their OCs too.) It might dip a little but I don't see it dipping much.

People who commission these guys get their slots filled, so there's not really any shortage of people wanting things.

• Brohoof 1