StarrySkyDash

General What does the word Friendship mean to you?

When you hear the word Friendship, does it mean as an example, that you care about each other or that you support each other? What might be your thoughts on Friendship? :coco:

• Brohoof 3
  • Pondering 1

When I think of the word “Friendship”, laughing and having fun together is what comes to mind first. The element of Laughter is the best one after all! 

My friends are people I can have a good time with, without there being any obligations to anything.

Badges

It's actually super easy to be my friend. You just have to be someone that genuinely wants to spend time with me. Even if we're just wasting time doing absolutely nothing, enjoying each other's hobbies, playing games, whatever. As long as you genuinely want to be around me, I'll do the same. I'll make an effort to try and remember your birthday and celebrate with you, I'll listen to whatever you think is important. If there's something you really like, I'll let you geek out and listen to every word, and do my best to file that information for a later time. I'd do my best to be a friend any day, but all you need to do is be someone that is happy just spending time with me. And I'd never ask for something I wasn't willing to do as well. :rarity:

And yet... It's so hard to find people who understand what a simple concept this is. In today's digital age, I've seen too many shallow people who only care about what you can buy for them, how much money you can donate to them, how much of a loyal sheep you are, and so on. I've seen lots of twisted ideas about friendship, as if there's a huge number of people in the world who don't know how to just respect people for who they are, as well as any personal wishes they may have. I can't always give money or other things away to people who need it. If I can, I might, but that shouldn't matter at all. We should be happy just to be there for each other, even if we're both broke as can be.

Badges

Something I thought I had before.

Badges

15 hours ago, Samurai Equine said:

It's actually super easy to be my friend. You just have to be someone that genuinely wants to spend time with me. Even if we're just wasting time doing absolutely nothing, enjoying each other's hobbies, playing games, whatever. As long as you genuinely want to be around me, I'll do the same. I'll make an effort to try and remember your birthday and celebrate with you, I'll listen to whatever you think is important. If there's something you really like, I'll let you geek out and listen to every word, and do my best to file that information for a later time. I'd do my best to be a friend any day, but all you need to do is be someone that is happy just spending time with me. And I'd never ask for something I wasn't willing to do as well. :rarity:

And yet... It's so hard to find people who understand what a simple concept this is. In today's digital age, I've seen too many shallow people who only care about what you can buy for them, how much money you can donate to them, how much of a loyal sheep you are, and so on. I've seen lots of twisted ideas about friendship, as if there's a huge number of people in the world who don't know how to just respect people for who they are, as well as any personal wishes they may have. I can't always give money or other things away to people who need it. If I can, I might, but that shouldn't matter at all. We should be happy just to be there for each other, even if we're both broke as can be.

I could not explain it better, this could be a good "definition" of Friendship. On the other hand, it's hard to give it a constant definition, but yes, it should be about something like this.
Al always say at work "it is very easy to be in good with me, I have no special things, but for some people, this is the hardest".
Sharing, caring, understanding, tolerating and being polite on both sides.

• Brohoof 1
  • Smile 1
  • Hug 1

11 hours ago, Rixton said:

I could not explain it better, this could be a good "definition" of Friendship. On the other hand, it's hard to give it a constant definition, but yes, it should be about something like this.
Al always say at work "it is very easy to be in good with me, I have no special things, but for some people, this is the hardest".
Sharing, caring, understanding, tolerating and being polite on both sides.

I'm really glad you understand. I knew when I came to this message board, I'd find people who get it.

Believe me, I know what it's like to be thought of last, if at all. I know what it's like to be someone's after-thought. I know what it's like when people just ignore you because they either think you have nothing important to talk about or you wouldn't enjoy the same stuff anyways. I've even had family members turn me away when all I wanted to do was spend time and bond with them. I'd never wish that on anyone, and I try my best to never ask for much. I don't demand tons of things. You don't even have to spend any money. If you're thinking of me, if you honestly just want to spend time with me, if you'll at least acknowledge me as an equal, that's enough. That alone means the world to me. :)

Badges

Friendship is something you have other people. While you may have similar taste, you will also have different taste. It is always good to agree to disagree. Also you help eachother in it time of needs.

Badges

Friendship means having someone you can mooch off of. A very handy thing to have. :-D 

• Thanks 1
  • Yay 1

People who appreciate and love me for who I am. Maybe a selfish definition, but, that's what it means to me, yes.

On 10/17/19 at 6:56 PM, Samurai Equine said:

Very well said :) That is exactly how i feel personally :D

• Brohoof 2
  • Smile 1

What friendship means to me is...

noun

1.  the state of being a friend     ; association as friends: to value a person's friendship.
2.  a friendly relation or intimacy.
3.  friendly feeling or disposition.

Spoiler

What?  :ticking:

Okay, what it really means to me is being able to show someone who you really are, uncensored, with every single fault and shortcoming, without fear of judgement.

Badges

I'd also like to add in here, a friend is someone who genuinely wants to hang out with me and spend time with me, someone who genuinely likes me. 

Something that can float and not sink...Which they tends to.

something that is really hard to find, knowing how much of a screw up you can be and the other accepting into her/his life

Badges

To me, friendship has always been when I felt happy being with someone, and I could make them feel happy being around me. So, a fairytale, basically.

On 10/24/19 at 7:28 PM, Spooker said:

To me, friendship has always been when I felt happy being with someone, and I could make them feel happy being around me. So, a fairytale, basically.

Yes i suppose it feels like that :sunny:

I feel like friendship is caring for and taking an interest in another person. A friend is someone I can be comfortable around and not be overly fearful of judgment. Probably the most important aspect of friendship is a mutual love for one another (not romantic love necessarily). I don't have a whole lot of friends, but I'm grateful for the one's I do have.

being friends with someone is being able to hang out with them without saying a single word and it not being awkward

Words by themselves are just empty husks with no real meaning we have just learned to connect certain things and concepts into these husks. As such the word itself has no meaning to me it might as well not exist. 

The concept on the other hand is quite complicated as I've not yet grasped the full extent of it and as such I am unable to say anything about it.

being able to hang out with someone and enjoy the time spent together, it's also important to be able to both goof off and comfort each other when one of you feels down, that sorta thing yeah...

Badges