Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Enigma's Mysteries (Private w/Illiad Easle)

Sphinx-Ara

@Critical-Hit

Hope I didn't overstep there in that post, I don't expect that all the information he recieves will be 100% the truth.

His investigation methods are:

Search public crime databases for her name

Search public information centers for her name and family names

Search newspapers to see if she's appeared in them, even gossip columns given her field.

As a changeling go though a number of disguises at local places to ask after her, posing as strangers, old acquaintances, or journalists depending on the questions and scene.

He's not going to get a deep amount of info on her, but more of a general view of who she is and her history, to see how far he should trust her.

@Critical-Hit

Full disclosure, I haven't seen the show since season 4, and only have a vague idea of what went down past that, and most of my head-canon is based off the Five Score fanon.

Anyway, that's not saying you need to change anything you may have had planned, it's just the excuse why my character may not know about recent events, or understand them well. 

@Critical-Hit

I'll add here that, at least in Zeb's hive, there's an idea among changelings that one persists after death as long as their candle burns, and once it goes out they can be born again by a new changeling receiving their name. So they have an idea of previous lives in that a piece of their spirit lives on in the new one to bear their name, in that they new one will be told of the one who bore their name before, to honor them and further add to their name.

It strikes him as odd here to hear it from an Equestrian.

@Critical-Hit

Okay, I've based my changelings off of the wonderful story A Novel Tale on FimFiction, but how that relates to the story:

There are many independent hives, each with their own queen, preferred emotion, and color scheme.

There's a hive in White Tail Woods, and there's a hive in Manehatten, as well as most other major cities.

As other information on Changelings becomes relevant, I'll provide it. But feel free to ask in case it interferes with any future plans, I don't want to derail your story.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Dreadmare

In an effort to clarify, are we co-DMing this? or are you going to DM this?

I'm fine either way, and I feel like I've been throwing things in as if we were co-DMing, but I can't keep adding things if I don't know where we're going with this.

As to my next post, if you're going to be DM you need to tell me what Hard finds when he searches. If we're going to co-DM then I need to know what has happened, so I know what he could find in his search.

Basically I can't really give you what he searches for without knowing what he finds. I could just say that he sends to Enigma what he finds, but then Hard knows things that I don't, and thus I can't act out Hard's actions as I don't have the information he does to process his actions.

So the information I need for this next post is: A List of prior owners (And dates of ownership) and any events surrounding the property that ended up in the news.

@Dreadmare

That's fine, I just need to know a bit more about what's going on, I can't add plot elements without knowing the plot after all.

From what I understand: We have the main focus, being the haunting and possible posession of the arcade by a potential dæmon. The sub-focus' of the potential romance between Hard and Enigma, and the potential reveal of Hard being a changeling and how each of them deal with it.

As to the main focus, I'll need to know the truth so I know what they can find, then I can have Hard discover things in his investigation. The sub plots will develop naturally without planning.

So, tell me what you've got prepared and I'll see what I can add to it. What are your plans for this adventure?

@Dreadmare

So pretty bare bones then, alright.

Public records would know their names, but from what I know of the show world neither racial supremacy nor sexual orientation would be publicly cataloged. However, learning that sort of thing is Hard's specialty if the subjects are alive or have living relatives.

Is the unicorn still alive?

Is the earth pony the one haunting?

Just now, Illiad Easle said:

@Dreadmare

So pretty bare bones then, alright.

Public records would know their names, but from what I know of the show world neither racial supremacy nor sexual orientation would be publicly cataloged. However, learning that sort of thing is Hard's specialty if the subjects are alive or have living relatives.

Is the unicorn still alive?

Is the earth pony the one haunting?

Yep pretty much spot on. The earth pony is one who is haunting, mostly because he suffered a horrific death and the unicorn would be in retirement.

• 2 months later...

@AzureMoon

Well, we've gone about as far as we had planned out, did you change up the narrative? It's totally fine if you did, it is your RP primarily.

All I need is for you to add to your post if anything happened to Hard on his way to the library, you're the only one who would know after all, then we can get down to what happens inside.

If you want to keep having us both plan the story, then we should plan out the next step.

@AzureMoon

I suppose it depends on what the big story is behind this thing they're investigating. I think it's too early for them to be followed, they may be watched, but discretely. They haven't discovered anything yet after all. Maybe once they've been to the arcade and found out some real facts will they start to get followed.

But again that all depends on just how important the secret is that's being kept.

@Illiad Easle

Being watched seems like a viable option, and I am thinking that the one that committed the murder was a member of the mafia or mafia related gang, and they were covering up something like an underground pony trafficking ring, which the employee had stumbled upon? 

@AzureMoon

Ooh! Very interesting, is this trafficking ring still in action? If so there would definitely be interest in watching our characters.

This could lead to a number of interesting situations, including maybe one of us getting caught up as a prisoner of the ring, about to be sent somewhere when the other bursts in to save them.

Perhaps as they make contact with the haunting ghost he informs them of the trafficking, and his unfinished business that binds him there is that the ring is not dismantled. Thus the only way to free the arcade of the haunting is to get the trafficking ring broken.

how's that sound?