Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Enigma's Mysteries (Private w/Illiad Easle)

Sphinx-Ara

@Critical-Hit

Hard would adjust to a more relaxed position in his seat, "Go right ahead, I think I'll catch up on some sleep. Do let me know if something happens."

He would tilt his trilby over his eyes about halfway, enough to shade them without blocking his vision entirely.

@Critical-Hit

Hard wouldn't have gone to sleep for exactly that reason, often one shows their true colors when they think they aren't watched. He wouldn't call her out on it, but he mentally added the point to his mental profile of her. She's hiding something. 

Hard would remain vigilant for a few more minutes in case Enigma said or did anything else that was strange, if she didn't do anything he would actually fall asleep. 

Hard is a fairly light sleeper, so any sudden sounds or touches would wake him up. 

@Illiad Easle

She'd smile and continue driving, singing softly along to a song that came on the radio. She would stop at a dirt road and look around before taking it, and soon arriving at the half way point. At the half way point, she'd pull up into a bakery and smells the air, where the fresh scent of baked goods would waft through the air. 

She'd smile a little and gently wake Hard Line up "Hard Line, we're at the half way point, time for lunch"

@Critical-Hit

Hard would stir fairly quickly back to wakefulness, looking through the windows as he returned his trilby back to the top of his head. "Given a limited knowledge of the towns between Canterlot and Manehatten, and since we can't exactly drive to Cloudsdale. I'm going to guess this is either Ponyville, or some other small town, right?" He had his own reservations against Ponyville, but if that's where they were they shouldn't be there too long for it to cause any problems.

@Illiad Easle

She'd smile "Yep, we're in Ponyville, we're stopping here for lunch and for me to pick up some supplies" she would say "I also need to check into the library, I hear Twilight has some books that might help" she would say to him "If you have any business here, best get it down while I'm there"

@Critical-Hit

Hard would roll his eyes, "Her again? How's she got time to manage a library down here while also running the country plus that school of hers?" 

He'd stretch as he got out of the van. "There might be something I could tend to while I'm here, how long until we leave?"

@Illiad Easle

She'd nod "I think she has some friends helping at the school and the library these days" she'd say with a shrug "Regardless, it'll be about an hour until we leave" she'd say "and I'm starving, so I'm getting something to eat, we'll meet back here in an hour"

@Critical-Hit

Hard would nod, "Alright then, I'll meet you back here in an hour."

He would grab his thermos before jogging off in the direction of White Tail Woods (about 10 minutes away I guess), though he wouldn't enter the woods if he thought he was being followed, he'd instead seek to confront whoever was following him.

If not followed he'd exit the forest about 30 minutes later, now carrying a bag in addition to his thermos. He'd be back at the van just before the hour was up.

(Explanation in OOC)

@Illiad Easle

Enigma had something light but filling for her lunch, having chosen to have a sandwich and a pie, with a milkshake. She'd then make her way to the library to check in for those books she was hoping would help in their job before she would bump into Twilight and check in with her. 

It had taken her a bit more than the hours she had said and made it back to the van half an hour after. She'd wave to Hard Line "Sorry I'm late, you know how Twilight can be" she would simply say

@Critical-Hit

Hard would look up from his tablet, he was leaning against the side of the van having already loaded the new bag into the van right behind the passenger seat. "I don't actually, I've only heard about her, and I heard that she was rather efficient usually." He'd stretch again as he prepared to get in the van, "Though it surprises me that you were able to talk to her, I'd think given her new position she'd be quite busy."

@Illiad Easle

"Turns out I bumped into her on one of her rare breaks" she'd say "Quite lucky I guess, as it was quite important anyway" she'd finish, getting into the van "As it pertained to our job" she would say, starting the van up again.

@Critical-Hit

Hard would get in the van and fasten his seat belt. "So, what more did you learn from Princess Sparkle? Anything new or is it more of what we were expecting?" Despite his reservations of her ability to run a country, Hard knew that Twilight was smart. If anyone knew something about what they were getting into, it would be her.

@Illiad Easle

"She believes my hunch is right and we are dealing with a possible demon" she would say "So she's given me permission to perform an exorcism should it come to needing one" she'd start the drive again and sigh "After this one, I might take a vacation"

@Critical-Hit

Harder would raise his eyebrow, intrigued, "I didn't realize you needed permission to exorcise a demon. Doesn't sound like the story of thing you'd want to leave, but I suppose it keeps novices from just angering the demon rather than actually taking care of it."

He would chuckle, "It sounds like my chance of pace is going from a run to a sprint, I think a proper vacation is next for me as well."

@Illiad Easle

She nods "That's pretty spot on" she would say "An amateur job could only anger the demon or spirit and makes things worse" she would say "that's why there are certain..rules about things like that" she would say, as they continued to drive "And I hope you find some peace, when you take your vacation"

@Critical-Hit

Hard would look like he was about to write something down, but shrugged and put the pencil down. "I suppose that's simple enough, no need in making it any more complicatedd than it needs to be."

He would turn to look at Enigma, "So, what kind of things do you use in an exorcism? I would assume you already have them as I expect they wouldn't be too easy to get in Manehatten."

@Dynamo Pad

She would look to him and smile "Usually it's just holy water, a religious symbol of some kind, I usually just use the sun, and a chant" she would say "Usually if it's a lesser demon, they go pretty easily, but a higher demon..they're..a lot worse"

@Critical-Hit

Hard would nod, "The Sun eh? I'm more of a Stars guy myself, though religion hasn't been all that important to me."

He'd turn his attention to the passing landscape, "Let's hope it's a lesser one then, but be ready like it's a greater. Always better to be over prepared than under."

He would look like an idea struck him, "Are there any kind of bullets that would help? I know it sounds odd but I heard silver works on wereponies, is there some kind of holy bullet?"

@Illiad Easle

"Silver bullets only really works for the myths" She would say sadly "As for anything else that would harm a demon, "Anything Holy really, and yes, I use the moon symbol myself, I kind of, have a thing for the night sky" she would say with a slight chuckle "The worst thing you could do to a demon is to know it's name, that is one thing some of those horror movies got right. Names have power, and if you know the demon's name, you have power over it"

@Critical-Hit

Hard would sigh, "I suppose their names aren't easy like pony names right? But I can understand that whole power in a name thing, I'll keep an eye out and see if there are any clues as to its name in the arcade." He'd open his notebook to write that down. Even if it wasn't a demon it was an interesting thing to know as it was also true in the private eye business. When you knew someone's name, you had power over them.

"How much longer do you think until we make it? You think we'll  start our investigation tonight or in the morning?" 

@Illiad Easle

Enigma would shake her head "Normally a demon's name would come to me in a dream or trance" she would say "Unless they slip up somehow, and let it slip" she'd look to him "It also depends on the demon, sometimes it's something short like Zozo or Malek" she'd sigh "As for when we'll get there, should be another couple hours, and we will start in the morning, no use starting an investigation on a empty stomach and a tired mind, right?"