Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Enigma's Mysteries (Private w/Illiad Easle)

Sphinx-Ara

@Critical-Hit

Hard would nod, "Sounds good, unless you need me I think I'll nap for the rest of the way. I know a few good places for food when we get there, depending on what kind of food you like you like."

He would shift around in his seat looking for a comfortable position as he waited to see if Enigma would respond.

@Illiad Easle

She'd nod and cover a yawn, starting to munch on some of her food she had bought "Go for it Hard Line" she'd say as she would continue the drive "Pleasant dreams" she'd whisper and smile.

Edited by Critical-Hit

@Critical-Hit

Given how little he'd slept the night before, and due to his mostly nocturnal nature as a private eye which made right now the middle of his standard sleep schedule, 

Unless Enigma said or did something very surprising, Hard would be quite asleep for the rest of the drive. If she had any inclination to snoop on her passenger, now would likely be the best time. 

@Illiad Easle

The rest of the drive was pretty uneventful. As they arrived at the motel, she would gently wake Hard Line up "Alright Hard Line, we're here" she would say with a smile, "Lets get to our room and set up, then call it a night after ordering some food"

@Critical-Hit

Hard would take a moment, yawning largely before rising out of his chair. "So soon? Ah I guess it has been a while, Haven't had much experience sleeping in a car, I'm surprised how easy it was."

He would get out and start retrieving his bags, there being one more than he had initially loaded in Canterlot, the extra being the one he acquired in Ponyville. "Now, according to what Service told me, she's the cousin that booked the rooms, we've got a room with separate bedrooms and a seating area/kitchen that connects to both rooms, separate full bath too." He chuckled, "She really spoils me. Anyway, I hope there's enough space there for whatever you need to setup."

@Illiad Easle

She would nod, "Good to hear, not that I'd mind sharing a room, but privacy is also a good thing" she'd say, looking around and smiling "should be enough room" she'd smile and begin to set up the gear she needed "So, any idea on what you want to order for dinner?" she would ask, plugging all her equipment in.

@Critical Hit

Hard would think for a moment after dropping his bags off in his room, "Well, there's a few good pizza places around here, a couple of pasta places, even a place with griffon cuisine if that's your taste. As to delivery... I think they've got a few options." As in most motels in Manehatten, there'd be paper with a list of restaurants offering delivery and their numbers next to the old phone the room had. There would also be a few takeout menus next to the list.

Hard would pass over a few of the menus, "You can take your pick, they all look good to me, but if I had to pick, pizza's the easiest."

@Critical-Hit

Hard would look somewhat surprised, "Oh? I hadn't pegged you for a meat-eater, most Equestrians being vegetarian, especially in Canterlot." He shrugged, "I prefer cheese mostly, if you're looking at the place I'm thinking of they've got an excellent five cheese pizza, they put cream cheese in the crust."

@Illiad Easle

She chuckles "I can go vegetarian, but whenever I have the chance to have some meat, I'll have it" She'd say, nodding "Kind of a habit from before I came here" she would smile, looking at the pamphlet "Yep five cheese pizza, okay, I'll get the gryphon one for myself and the cheese for you" she'd say, dialing the number and making their orders.

@Critical-Hit

Hard would continue with his intrigued expression, but would wait until she had finished ordering to speak, "And yet still you surprise me. I guess it goes to show I shouldn't assume too much about someone. By before you came here... are you referring to that past life thing? Or before you came to Canterlot? Or yet still, before you came to Equestria?" His intrigued smile grew ans his interest was fully piqued, "I hope it's the first or the last, those sound the most interesting to hear about."

@Illiad Easle

"Past life, before coming to Equestria" She would say, "I suppose I could bend the rule so I can show you what I mean" she would say, putting the phone down and smiling at him "Have you ever heard of other realms, and humans?" she would ask

@Critical-Hit

Hard's expression would shift to one that was somewhere between incredulous, concerned, and deeply intrigued. "By other realms I understand other lands, but I've heard of the concept of other worlds spoken as such. As to huemens" he was unfamiliar with the pronunciation "I've been told of them only in stories, myths frankly, hardly believed by the one who told me." He'd take a seat and pull out his note pad, he was sure this would be interesting. "So, how does this relate to you and my questions?"

@Illiad Easle

She would smile a little at him "I'll show you, but you need to promise not to freak out" she would say, fiddling with the charm around her neck and a soft glow surrounded her. After a few moments, her pony like appearance would change to that of her original human form "Well..this is what I am"

@Critical-Hit

Hard would set down the notepad and look her over with an appraising eye. "An interesting form, not too different from a pony's" (Given they were anthro to begin with a human doesn't look too different.) "That charm though, is that... changeling magic? Though there was no fire, an illusory charm then. A very good one if I didn't notice it."

He would look like he was pondering something, then he would shrug, "Maybe later," he'd turn his attention back to Enigma, "So, outside of visual differences, how do humans differ from ponies? I would guess you're omnivores, are there more of your kind here in secret?" he'd chuckle, "Almost like changelings, hidden in plain sight."

@Illiad Easle

She'd change back and smile "I suppose it might be Changeling magic, the Princesses didn't exactly tell me what kind of magic it has, they just said I have to wear it and act and behave as a pony around other ponies, but I feel you're different than most, as is apparent with your seemingly understanding of everything" she would say "In my world, while there are humans who will eat only fruit and vegetable, most eat meat and animal products"

@Critical-Hit

Hard would nod, looking her over again as she changed back. "I suppose if the princesses know, your kind should be safe enough."

He would smile at her compliment, "As a private investigator I do try to know as much as I can about everything, never know when it may come in handy. I wonder if anyone ive investigated previously was secretly a human?" He chuckled, though it petered out quickly, "Its almost like the changeling hunts again, I suppose that's why your kind aren't well known, too keep a repeat of the hunts from happening again."

@Illiad Easle

She'd chuckle and rub the back of her neck "Honestly, the vetting for my kind is very rigorous and long" she would say "My kind can be pretty bad to be honest, worse than yours, worse even than..well the worst villains you can think of" she would say.

@Critical-Hit

Hard would scoff at that, "Truly? Worse even than Sombra? Lord Stalliongrad? Even Queen" he shuddered "Queen Gelatine... I can't think of a single being worse than her. I find it hard to believe your kind could be worse. She used her own children as science experiments, slaughtered a whole city out of rage." He shuddered again. "If what you say is true, I'm glad you can stand as evidence of 'the good ones' of your kind."

He would continue muttering under his breath, "Not all races get that benefit."

"Still, I would hope the villains of your kind are as few and far between as ours?"

@Illiad Easle

She would nod, "Rules of countries would wage full on wars, kill many innocent people, and ugh..are just horrible. There was this one dictator, he was obsessed with the notion that his country was the most powerful, it started the second world war, where many innocent people died. There were even war camps, were people of certain races were held and then either lined up to be shot or sent to the gas chambers to die" she would say "And that was only 90 years ago" she'd say "To this day, rulers still wage wars over land and resources, of course many use the guise of religion as a front for the war" she'd sigh, "Then there are 'normal' people who just act..in very criminal ways, going from petty thievery to murder and mass killings"

@Critical-Hit

Hard would still look incredulous, but also a bit shocked. "Truly?" He shuddered. "I suppose that's why you'd want to come here then. We haven't yet had anything so terrible, outside of Discord of course, the first time he took over the world."

He seemed a bit unsettled by Enigma's reveal, not by her in particular but more the implication. He'd remain silent and ponder unless Enigma stirred him from his pondering or the pizzas arrived.

@Illiad Easle

Enigma would nod "You are right about that, I got so sick of what was going on, I needed a way out, and I somehow stumbled upon a portal to here during one of my investigations" she would say "I am very glad that the vetting process for my kind coming here is as hard as it is" she'd say "I'm starting to finally relax and begin to call Equestria home" she would say with a kind smile "I would hate for this world to be..tainted"

@Critical-Hit

Hard would perk up a bit at the mention of portals, but it would take a while for him to respond. "So, a portal you say? Could you get back? I mean I understand that you don't want to go back, but if you had wanted to, could you?"

He would sigh, "Even if I ended up in a world better than this one, I don't think I could leave my family behind."

@Illiad Easle

Enigma would look at him "If I could and wanted to, perhaps, but I have made some good friends here, more than back on Earth" She'd say "and i understand that friendship is something that is very special and cherished here" she would then smile at him and gently place a hand on his "and who knows, perhaps I might even find a love in this realm, something I seemed to fail at back home"

@Critical-Hit

Hard would be surprised by the sudden show of affection, quickly withdrawing his hand before blushing faintly and apologizing. "Sorry! That just startled me. There haven't been many that have really been interested in me before, much less anything romantic."

He would shake his head, adopting a more apologetic expression, "That is what you were getting at right? That you may or may not be interested in me? But you hardly know me, really."