Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

#MLPSeriesFinale: Will Twilight Sparkle Outlive Her Friends?

bwrosas

11 hours ago, Singe said:

The way I see it is that after Twilight's friends are close to their expiration date. She will have a plan in place to retire for the next candidate to take over ruling Equestria. Over nine seasons and a time skip, Twilight hasn't bother to expand her close circle of friends.

Nine seasons, sure (unless you count Starlight). But I'd want to see a lot more than half an hour out of her day before I said she hadn't made any new friends in Canterlot.

• 2 months later...

It would not be a waste at all. Suppose Twilight rules since age 25, ReMane 5 seems to be in her 40s, Twilight must have ruled for at least 20 years, which, in itself, is not a short time, suppose ponies live 80 to 90 years, she still has half of her life left, and at least another 20 or 30 years to continue ruling, unless she is definitely preparing Luster Dawn, you know, to be a princess after going to Ponyville to learn friendship ( something you don't need to learn to be a ruler or a princess, but according to the logic of FiM yes, so ..)

• 1 year later...

Thinking about this was the main reason why I cried so much at the finale. :( I strongly hope that an immortality spell can be given to the other five because it would be very wrong of Twilight to let her friends slip away like that. :worry: 
In fact, I think the spell would bring them right back to being the ages they were throughout FiM:pinkie:

I’m just imagining... :rarity:

(Plus, G5 is probably gonna change that) 

4 hours ago, TomDaBombMLP said:

I strongly hope that an immortality spell can be given to the other five because it would be very wrong of Twilight to let her friends slip away like that. :worry: 
In fact, I think the spell would bring them right back to being the ages they were throughout FiM:pinkie:

"Magic Duel" established that age manipulation spells are possible, and pre-alicorn Twilight almost managed to cast one on a flower. Celestia-size Twilight should have no difficulty keeping her friends forever young. Though if one or more of them were to decide that they'd rather let nature take its course (I could easily see Applejack or Fluttershy doing so), things could get complicated.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2021-03-04 at 7:16 PM, TomDaBombMLP said:

Thinking about this was the main reason why I cried so much at the finale. :( I strongly hope that an immortality spell can be given to the other five because it would be very wrong of Twilight to let her friends slip away like that. :worry: 

I’m just imagining... :rarity:

(Plus, G5 is probably gonna change that) 

I'm sure she'd do it if she could (and if they let her). But it's probably not that easy.

On 2021-03-17 at 7:16 PM, The Nth Doctor said:

Twilight isn't a natural alicorn, so she probably ages normally and die within years of them.

I don't think we know nearly enough about alicorns to say anything like that.