Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

"Leave it to the fandom to decide"

FlareGun45

Just now, nightshroud96 said:

Yeah, I hope to see some questions answered.
Also hoping it follows the shows continuality rather than the comic's continuality.(Yeah I know they said the comics are "canon" to the show but lets face it, the comics ultimately have a separate continuality/universe pretty much)

It's by the comic writers. who I doubt would agree with you there, so...

3 hours ago, Latecomer said:

I thought it was an extremely pale pink?:mlp_smug:

But seriously, there's a lot we know, a lot we don't know, and the AU tag for when we just don't like what we know.

It says that it's light fuchsiaish gray. Guess we were all living a lie.

There is enough of the unknown and enough of "let fans decide" that a deplorable worldsmith can deconstruct the whole world with impunity. Between you and me, that's probably a good thing. At least I have this belief reinforced whenever someone like Jim opens their mouth :P 

2 hours ago, Prince Doopliss said:

Like I said we got hints. We didn't need to see their corpses. I mean Hasbro isn't going to allow them them to be straight forward, they aren't Disney. AJ showed some kind of distress abut her parents being dead. As far as my head canon knows is that AJ was close to her parents and them dying made her felt uncomfortable about their death. I mean she could have felt like she didn't belong on the farm because of their death and decided to try and live in Manehattan with her Aunt and Uncle. 

To quote something form the MLP Wiki,

With this quote and somebody stumbling on that on the wiki will know not to write AJ's parent alive.

People thought Odysseus was dead too. There are lots of stories where family members who are presumed dead return.

A mere designer has no authority to preach canon. Their opinion weights no more than that of fans unless they are citing an official statement about canon made by an official source that handles canon while they are being employed by the company that owns the IP. Let's ask H-Bro janitor why don't we? Heck, let's ask the cleaning ladies while we're at it. I'm sure they have their own take on the matter.

3 minutes ago, Goat-kun said:

There is enough of the unknown and enough of "let fans decide" that a deplorable worldsmith can deconstruct the whole world with impunity.

What do you mean by this, exactly?

(And I think the Apple parents could still be alive, but that doesn't mean they should be.)

I think certain elements either don't meaningfully contribute to the story or characters, or would just cause fandom wars, and would probs be better left to the fandom. Obvious prime example is ships (like Lyrabon or AppleDash). Since this show isn't really much for exploring romantic relationships (outside of Big Mac & Sugar Belle, or Bright Mac & Pear Butter), it's really just trivia and doesn't affect the main story.

Really, though, I think it's just up to the creative team's best judgment. While I would have liked an explanation for, say, Cozy Glow's origins, what happened to certain side characters, or how Starlight came to know the other ponies in her village, I feel they probably just didn't have the time for that. Do they have concrete answers for those things? Would they be willing to come up with those answers? We'll never know, honestly. So I guess in the end we just take what we can get. XD

46 minutes ago, Latecomer said:

What do you mean by this, exactly?

(And I think the Apple parents could still be alive, but that doesn't mean they should be.)

It means that one can change the very fundamentals of magic itself and there is nothing any fan can do about it.

27 minutes ago, PacificGreen said:

I think certain elements either don't meaningfully contribute to the story or characters, or would just cause fandom wars, and would probs be better left to the fandom. Obvious prime example is ships (like Lyrabon or AppleDash). Since this show isn't really much for exploring romantic relationships (outside of Big Mac & Sugar Belle, or Bright Mac & Pear Butter), it's really just trivia and doesn't affect the main story.

Really, though, I think it's just up to the creative team's best judgment. While I would have liked an explanation for, say, Cozy Glow's origins, what happened to certain side characters, or how Starlight came to know the other ponies in her village, I feel they probably just didn't have the time for that. Do they have concrete answers for those things? Would they be willing to come up with those answers? We'll never know, honestly. So I guess in the end we just take what we can get. XD

I agree - it's lore we need, and expansion to that lore!

• 6 months later...
On 10/22/2019 at 10:18 AM, Star Petal said:

I think the ending to this HEAVILY implied that Rainbow Dash and Applejack are married. They were talking about chores and at the end RD had her hoof on AJ's head at the end. 

They are friends. And I don't see any wedding rings.

But here are a few things interesting to me... How many times have Applejack and Rainbow Dash argued with each other or competed against each other? How many times have Rainbow Dash helped Applejack on her farm, especially when Applejack has been in trouble? How many times have Applejack been interested in Wonderbolt and Cloudsdale?

If you get married, or even become a couple (in this case, they are kinda old, baggy eyes, etc), you absolutely need to have at least one thing in common.

• Brohoof 1

49 minutes ago, Super Splashee said:

f you get married, or even become a couple (in this case, they are kinda old, baggy eyes, etc), you absolutely need to have at least one thing in common

Here's the thing about their constant competitiveness - they're competing about things both of them are proud to be good at. So if you take away that filter of rivalry, you end up seeing that all the things each of them is proud to embody are also things they would respect and appreciate in the other. So essentially, a byproduct of their constant one-upmanship is that they're always seeing each other at their best. 

Edited by Quinch
  • Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Quinch said:

Here's the thing about their constant competitiveness - they're competing about things both of them are proud to be good at. So if you take away that filter of rivalry, you end up seeing that all the things each of them is proud to embody are also things they would respect and appreciate in the other. 

You are right :o

They do seem too proud to see each other though. They care way too much about theirselves (is that a word? No, it should be) than each other.

3 minutes ago, Super Splashee said:

You are right :o

They do seem too proud to see each other though. They care way too much about theirselves (is that a word? No, it should be) than each other.

They are very proud of themselves, true, but self-esteem doesn't have to preclude affection and esteem for others. 

• Brohoof 1

The fandom is untrustworthy of deciding the fate of the poor ponies. Just saying! :maud: We need Josh Harber. (I am not paid by Josh Harber to say this)