FlareGun45

"Leave it to the fandom to decide"

Recommended Posts

Just now, nightshroud96 said:

Yeah, I hope to see some questions answered.
Also hoping it follows the shows continuality rather than the comic's continuality.(Yeah I know they said the comics are "canon" to the show but lets face it, the comics ultimately have a separate continuality/universe pretty much)

It's by the comic writers. who I doubt would agree with you there, so...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Latecomer said:

I thought it was an extremely pale pink?:mlp_smug:

But seriously, there's a lot we know, a lot we don't know, and the AU tag for when we just don't like what we know.

It says that it's light fuchsiaish gray. Guess we were all living a lie.

 

There is enough of the unknown and enough of "let fans decide" that a deplorable worldsmith can deconstruct the whole world with impunity. Between you and me, that's probably a good thing. At least I have this belief reinforced whenever someone like Jim opens their mouth :P 

2 hours ago, Prince Doopliss said:

Like I said we got hints. We didn't need to see their corpses. I mean Hasbro isn't going to allow them them to be straight forward, they aren't Disney. AJ showed some kind of distress abut her parents being dead. As far as my head canon knows is that AJ was close to her parents and them dying made her felt uncomfortable about their death. I mean she could have felt like she didn't belong on the farm because of their death and decided to try and live in Manehattan with her Aunt and Uncle. 

To quote something form the MLP Wiki,

With this quote and somebody stumbling on that on the wiki will know not to write AJ's parent alive.

People thought Odysseus was dead too. There are lots of stories where family members who are presumed dead return.

 

A mere designer has no authority to preach canon. Their opinion weights no more than that of fans unless they are citing an official statement about canon made by an official source that handles canon while they are being employed by the company that owns the IP. Let's ask H-Bro janitor why don't we? Heck, let's ask the cleaning ladies while we're at it. I'm sure they have their own take on the matter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Goat-kun said:

There is enough of the unknown and enough of "let fans decide" that a deplorable worldsmith can deconstruct the whole world with impunity.

What do you mean by this, exactly?

 

(And I think the Apple parents could still be alive, but that doesn't mean they should be.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think certain elements either don't meaningfully contribute to the story or characters, or would just cause fandom wars, and would probs be better left to the fandom. Obvious prime example is ships (like Lyrabon or AppleDash). Since this show isn't really much for exploring romantic relationships (outside of Big Mac & Sugar Belle, or Bright Mac & Pear Butter), it's really just trivia and doesn't affect the main story.

Really, though, I think it's just up to the creative team's best judgment. While I would have liked an explanation for, say, Cozy Glow's origins, what happened to certain side characters, or how Starlight came to know the other ponies in her village, I feel they probably just didn't have the time for that. Do they have concrete answers for those things? Would they be willing to come up with those answers? We'll never know, honestly. So I guess in the end we just take what we can get. XD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

46 minutes ago, Latecomer said:

What do you mean by this, exactly?

 

(And I think the Apple parents could still be alive, but that doesn't mean they should be.)

It means that one can change the very fundamentals of magic itself and there is nothing any fan can do about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Goat-kun said:

It means that one can change the very fundamentals of magic itself and there is nothing any fan can do about it.

 

What fundamentals, exactly?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, PacificGreen said:

I think certain elements either don't meaningfully contribute to the story or characters, or would just cause fandom wars, and would probs be better left to the fandom. Obvious prime example is ships (like Lyrabon or AppleDash). Since this show isn't really much for exploring romantic relationships (outside of Big Mac & Sugar Belle, or Bright Mac & Pear Butter), it's really just trivia and doesn't affect the main story.

Really, though, I think it's just up to the creative team's best judgment. While I would have liked an explanation for, say, Cozy Glow's origins, what happened to certain side characters, or how Starlight came to know the other ponies in her village, I feel they probably just didn't have the time for that. Do they have concrete answers for those things? Would they be willing to come up with those answers? We'll never know, honestly. So I guess in the end we just take what we can get. XD

I agree - it's lore we need, and expansion to that lore!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Toastypk said:

I'm just wondering how much the Season 10 comics will address about things.

I hope they will fill the void that the show left behind. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

46 minutes ago, Goat-kun said:

Sources and types of magic

We know a few, but hardly all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My own season 10 fanfiction project's season premiere takes place after part 2 of the series finale, excluding the epilogue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the only ones who decide are the creators, not the fandom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the ending to this HEAVILY implied that Rainbow Dash and Applejack are married. They were talking about chores and at the end RD had her hoof on AJ's head at the end. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.