Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

request shop Let me draw your OC please

Adorable Lovestar

I need to practice my art. I draw pony busts and icons. They're not professional quality, but I'm doing my best and I need to get better. You can give me text references if you want, too. Images aren't required.

An OC of mine that I drew today is attached, for reference to how I draw.

SMJ.png

• Brohoof 5

I'll take you up on that. My OC for you today is Doctor Eloise Flair. She is a pale/dull light blue Unicorn with shaded brown hair and green eyes, and has a snake curled around a staff for a cutie mark to represent her skills in the medical field. She's an impatient mare, but if you can keep up with the conversation or also have a higher education then she can generally tolerate you, so she often has a serious look on her face. Outside of her work, she enjoys visiting cafes and taking trips through the countryside where she can escape the noise of her practice. She lives in a majority batpony nation, so she is somewhat specialized in their wing care.

I've provided some color examples for you to use and imagery for her cutie mark and basic apparel if you're willing. If you are unable to shade her mane and tail and have to use a single solid color then please use the one labeled 4. The snake around a staff is a pretty common symbol for a gift in medicine so I wanted to change it up by having it in a more natural stance. I would like it have the coiled up position of the middle image, but the more aggressive sideview from the head on the image right of it. No patterns or rattle required, you can even leave the tongue out if you'd like, but I would like it to use either the same shade of green as the eye and something along the lines of indicating the belly like how the snake on the right does, but please don't use yellow. The staff can just be a wood like brown. She's normally quite dressed up but that would require a lot of time, so if you're up for it maybe this antique stethoscope could be around her neck or she could have classic metal first aid kits strapped over like saddlebags? Either the white with the red cross or have the cross be in a white circle and the kits can be a dark or similar green to her eyes so they pair up nicely, especially if that were to cover up the cutie mark.

684253338_DoctorEloiseFlairscolrosandcutiemark.thumb.png.5c812a159e85059f2157f2228c8a4289.png

@Graceful Stiles Just realized I didn't describe what Doctor Eloise's mane and tail look like beyond color. She has short bangs but long hair in the back that can be worn as a bun or ponytail but she tends to leave it down when she's outside. Both her mane and tail have segments that split off kind of like Rainbow dash, but overall the tail narrows at the end, and the segments all face the same direction.

If you have any questions or require reference feel free to ask, wanted to challenge you a little bit though and offer a smidge of creative room.

Edited by SharpWit

1 minute ago, SharpWit said:

@Graceful Stiles Just realized I didn't describe what Doctor Eloise's mane and tail look like beyond color. She has short bangs but long hair in the back that can be worn as a bun or ponytail but she tends to leave it down when she's outside. Both her mane and tail have segments that split off kind of like Rainbow dash, but overall the tail narrows at the end, and the segments all face the same direction.

Thank you, I needed to know that. I'll get to drawing all these OCs soon.

• Brohoof 1

If you’re up for it, I kind of have a blank flank outline that you can spin your style on.

White Belt is an Earth Pony martial artist. His cutie-mark is a Tao (yin yang.) Or a spear crossed against a rolled up scroll. Whichever you think works better.

From his name his color would lean to white but I’m not locked into that or any combination with white you want.

Poses, accessories, go nuts.

12 minutes ago, Graceful Stiles said:

That's probably quite a bit beyond the scope of my talents as an artist, unfortunately. He's a very complicated creature.

Heehee, yeah, most people decline when I suggest it. Here she is anyway if you want to look at her:

Spoiler

file?downloadToken=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhb

Edited by ShadOBabe

If you want to try drawing kirins, you can use mine

The mane style is a bit...no, scratch that, very unrealistic based on the show's style, but....whatever

Here he is

And yes, he doesn't have a name(yet?)

1570115104181.png

Howdy! Popping by to say awesome art! These are great pieces and I'd like to know some of the thought process you put into making these! Probably a pretty weird question, but I always want to learn new techniques myself. I plan on starting out as an artist and drawing my own OC, but if you'd be able to work on my OC I'd really appreciate that a bunch. That would be totally radical.

My OC's name is Cookie Crumble! Bit lacking on thought and process but I'm working on it, the most I've got on her is a few images but they are all basic.. Her CM is a work in progress, no need to draw it on! It's the best I can do, but if you could make something off this that would be lovely.

BfylOuL.png

Thank you for reading!