Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Missing Guests from Big Mac and Sugar Belle's Wedding

BrawnyCharger

As you may have seen in "The Big Mac Question" The wedding between Big Mac and Sugar Belle, featured a certain select guests. Applejack, Cutie Mark Crusaders, Spike Discord, Cup Cake, the elder Apples, Grand Pear, Burnt Oak, Ponies from Starlight's village Double Diamond, Party Favor and Night Glider. 

However there were significant Ponies missing among the guests: 

• The remaining Mane 5: Including Fluttershy and Rarity, both fellow Ponytones, and Pinkie Pie a fellow distant cousin of the Apples. 
  • Fellow Apples Braeburn and Babs Seed.
  • Starlight Glimmer. After All Sugar Belle WAS originally from Starlight's Village.
  • The other two Ponytones Toe Tapper and Torch Song.
  • The Pie family. Again, distant relatives. Not to mention Marble was once shipped with Big Mac.
  • Feather Bangs, if not just to see him cry over it.
  • Cheerilee. Considering her past with Big Mac.

Hopefully at least they sent their regards to the bride and groom.

Why weren't these ponies featured at the wedding? Anypony else would you have liked to have seen at the wedding? 

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Latecomer said:

The full party was probably waiting at the barn, since there wasn't room for them all in front of the tree.

I guess that makes sense. I suppose Big Mac got to perform with his fellow Ponytones, including Rarity and Fluttershy. Pinkie organized the party. Starlight may have interacted with Sugar Belle at some point obviously SB having forgiven her for what had happened. Both Marble Pie and Feather Bangs must have been pretty sad over the events and as some bronies/pegasisters would do in fanarts, have them start seeing each other. So I guess a full reception at the barn would have made more sense.

5 hours ago, FirePuppy said:

Why they weren't invited to attend the wedding, I'll probably never know, but was there really any reason for that?

Must you be so cynical? The simple explanation was what Latecomer said. That they're waiting at the barn. Just because we don't see them doesn't mean they weren't invited.

• Brohoof 2

It would've taken too long to animate that many characters for one scene. As such, they were either waiting at the barn as Latecomer suggested, or they were too busy to attend because other commitments took their toll.

• Brohoof 1

I think only the starlight and the rest of the main 6 are actually relevant, although big mac and SB might have wqnted something small, personal and not bringing everyone there. And maybe sugar belle doesn't really like starlight or at least not that much to invite her.

• Brohoof 1

The whole Ponyville's population gathered for Cranky and Matilda, and not Big Mac and Sugar Belle? Big Mac is the direct descendant of Ponyville's founder.

Maybe they just wanted a small and quiet wedding. But at least the mane six should have been there.

About Starlight not being there, I totally get it that those two would be uncomfortable with each other, and that's exactly why I have mixed feelings about Starlight. Starlight and any other Our Town pony shouldn't feel uncomfortable being next to each other, and it should make no sense at all that Starlight didn't show up for one of their weddings, not the opposite.

6 hours ago, Ittoni said:

The animators couldn't fit them in the screen

True, Not to mention that the clearing in the orchard where Bright Mac and Pear Butter's tree grows, is not all that big, so only a select few can watch the actual ceremony, where as everypony else get's to attend the reception in the barn. 

Maybe the others are waiting somewhere somewhere off-screen (like the barn that everyone suggested) which belong to the realm of headcannons. If there is no other source materials to fill the void (which i hope the comic will do), the verdict is that the only ponies we saw onscreen  /or mentioned (if any) are actual ponies who was invited. There are some big moments that the staffs pay a lot of attention to details like Slice of Life, The Last Crusade so i dont know this exclusion is intentional or not. Did they somehow not paid attention to the details like they used to or they did that for some in-universe reason? I prefer the former answer, they just forget or just being lazy in this ep. If i try to used some canonical explaination to the wedding scene, this ep  will look worse than i thought.

Edited by Lambdadelta

On 10/24/2019 at 1:36 PM, Hierok said:

Big Mac probably didn't want a big crowd, just like his mother and father. ;)

^^^ This 100%.

The characters that were there on Big Mac's side of the family helped him fall in love or helped his parents fall in love. Sugar Belle's side included close friends to balance out the ceremony.

As for Starlight I still contend she wasn't there because she didn't want word of her attending a wedding to get back to her nosy father and have him writing her with questions as to when she was going to tie the knot herself and with who. :mlp_smile:

• Brohoof 1

On 21/10/2019 at 20:52, BrawnyCharger said:

Como puede haber visto en "The Big Mac Question" La boda entre Big Mac y Sugar Belle, contó con ciertos invitados selectos. Applejack, Cutie Mark Crusaders, Spike Discord, Cup Cake, the elder Apples, Grand Pear, Burnt Oak, Ponies from Starlight's village Double Diamond, Party Favor y Night Glider. 

Sin embargo, faltaban Ponis importantes entre los invitados: 

• El resto Mane 5: Incluyendo Fluttershy y Rarity, ambos compañeros Ponytones, y Pinkie Pie, un primo lejano de las Manzanas. 
  • Compañeros Manzanas Braeburn y Babs Seed.
  • Starlight Glimmer. Después de todo, Sugar Belle era originaria de Starlight's Village.
  • Los otros dos Ponytones Toe Tapper y Torch Song.
  • La familia Pie. De nuevo, parientes lejanos. Sin mencionar que Marble fue enviado una vez con Big Mac.
  • Feather Bangs, si no solo para verlo llorar por eso.
  • Cheerilee Considerando su pasado con Big Mac.

Esperemos que al menos envíen sus saludos a los novios.

¿Por qué no se presentaron estos ponis en la boda? ¿A alguien más le hubiera gustado ver en la boda? 

I think it was good that they put those ponies as guests, they wanted their wedding to be like that of the parents of Big Mac, very intimate, remember that at the wedding of Bright Mac and Pear Butter there were only two guests who were his best friends, It was good that they were there; Discord, CMC, Spike and everyone else. Actually, I would have bothered that the other Mane 6 were there, because they don't have a close relationship with the couple, but I would have accepted Starlight as a guest.

By the way, I liked watching Party Favor again!

On 27/10/2019 at 9:19, Truffles said:

En cuanto a Starlight, sigo afirmando que ella no estaba allí porque no quería que se enterara de que asistía a una boda para volver con su entrometido padre y que él le escribiera preguntas sobre cuándo iba a casarse ella misma y con quien. : mlp_smile:

Maybe Starlight didn't want his father to find out about his commitment to Trixie

• Brohoof 1