Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Should the final episode have had a different song on the credits?

FirePuppy

I think The Last Problem deserved a different song playing over the credits besides the standard FiM theme song. IMO, the G3 theme song (seen on Discovery Family broadcasts of A Very Minty Christmas, Princess Promenade and Runaway Rainbow) should've been used, also playing over the DHX and Allspark logos.

• Brohoof 1

Bloody 28 Pranks Later got a unique ending theme and that episode was a piece of shit, I don’t know why they couldn’t get one for the final episode of the show 

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, FirePuppy said:

I think The Last Problem deserved a different song playing over the credits besides the standard FiM theme song. IMO, the G3 theme song (seen on Discovery Family broadcasts of A Very Minty Christmas, Princess Promenade and Runaway Rainbow) should've been used, also playing over the DHX and Allspark logos.

I think the song should be the same, but maybe longer with all the characters coming along. Maybe even an orchestral version. 

In my opinion the last problem is the first episode which should have the theme song playing at the end.

• Brohoof 1

Definitely. I remember in the early seasons they had special end themes in the second parts of season premieres and finales. I have no idea why they stopped doing that, but the series finale certainly deserved something more special. Maybe an instrumental version of "The Magic of Friendship Grows"!

• Brohoof 5

• 2 years later...

I thought it was so jarring to go from The Magic of Friendship Grows and the book closing to just the normal ending theme like it was nothing. Certain episodes used to have special ending themes, where did they go? :dry:

• Brohoof 4

It never bothered me personally. I mean if you want to keep the mood of the final song, you could just close the episode directly after the book closing.
But the normal theme song in the credits actually made me smile. It's the song that was always there since the beginning and it reminded me of everything I love the show for. :kindness:

• Brohoof 2

I'd say a bright orchestral continuation of The Magic of Friendship Grows would've really hit it out the park that led right into one final encore of A Tue True Friend. I felt like the ending was shafted with just the standard credits theme. 

• Brohoof 1

On 2022-06-07 at 3:36 PM, ExplosionMare said:

I honestly preferred the season 5 ending to the season 9 ending (aside from the book closing), so I would've swapped those two songs around.

Was there a different song? We are talking credits here, not the "Starlight, you are bad but we accept you" song at the end (I forgot the name of the song).

I would have loved it to have that Bronies React bg music for the credits

• Brohoof 2

16 hours ago, Splashee said:

Was there a different song? We are talking credits here, not the "Starlight, you are bad but we accept you" song at the end (I forgot the name of the song).

I would have loved it to have that Bronies React bg music for the credits

Oh! :ButtercupLaugh:

In that case, it definitely would've been nice to have a different credits song since a few of the season finales did that (and maybe some of the regular episodes, but I can't remember).

• Brohoof 2

5 hours ago, ExplosionMare said:

would've been nice to have a different credits song since a few of the season finales did that (and maybe some of the regular episodes, but I can't remember).

:nom: