Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you start to read your mlp notifications from the top or bottom?

Muffinnz

How do you read your mlp notifications?  

51 users have voted

1. 1. How do you read your mlp notifications?

• Top to Bottom (Newest to Oldest)
    • Bottom to Top (Oldest to Newest)

Do you read your mlp forum notification from:

top to bottom

or

Bottom to top?

I always scroll down to the bottom of the list and read upward so, bottom to top for me

Edited by Muffinnz
  • Brohoof 4

Usually it's just status updates or new comments to a thread, it's often just two or three so not too big of a deal which order I go in (I go from top to bottom btw). Unless somepony decides to do 10 status updates in a row (I'll just click into their actual profile if that's the case).

Edited by Egg-3
  • Brohoof 1

A lot of times, I just use the feed to check new status updates (since there are a lot of them almost every time I log in). But if there are fewer of them, or when I go through the other new content (mostly replies to earlier statuses), I start with the oldest one. Since I usually have more than one page of notifications and often get more while going through them (new status updates, reactions, replies...), I prefer to start from the earliest – otherwise it's harder to keep track of them with the new notifications pushing the old ones down the list...

Edited by Tacodidra
  • Brohoof 7

I always read the number of notifications, which is around 50 to 100 a day. Then divide that number by 25, and add 1 for page number to start (bottom to top). Then for every read notification, I have to F5 so that new notifications don't fall from the next page onto the one I will leave. In the early days, I used to miss 2-4 important notifications because I didn't do the F5 before going to the next page, and that was no fun when it turned out some of those where directly aimed towards myself, and it took an extra day for me to find them and respond. :awwthanks:

When I have 100+ notifications per day, every day, I consider myself having a steady and nice friendship with people here. Sadly, that is not the case. I am still missing friends. I am soooo lonely! (follow me, this is advertisement) :pistachio:

• Brohoof 3

@Muffinnz

The section Sugarcube Corner is designated to discuss the MLP:FiM fandom indirectly or the series indirectly. A topic like yours would be better suited for General Discussion. Moving it there ~

• Brohoof 1

I always start at the bottom...oldest to newest. That way I don't miss anything. Sometimes when I'm in a hurry though I might skim over newest to oldest XD

• Brohoof 2

I just start from the top to the bottom. If it’s too much, I’d look for the bolded ones to if I was mentioned or quoted.

• Brohoof 1

I read mine from newest to oldest, starting at the top and heading south. I usually skim over them pretty quick so it’s likely I miss a lot (sometimes after I’ve been away a while there can be hundreds of notifications). I try to keep up but I’m pretty much resigned to missing a solid percentage of them. I’m not very organized.  

• Brohoof 2

I usually start from the top, so I'm able to respond or react to my newest notifications as quick as possible. I just find it a lot easier.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 months later...

I have changed my approach the last two months ago. I now read newest to oldest (top to bottom), compared to when I first started here. While I changed just because I was getting more lazier, I actually saw the potential of not skipping any important notifications this way.
But reading top to bottom, you never miss a notification that falls off a page when a new notification just appeared. It's as simple as that.

However, trying to figure out who replied first to your own status, reading top to bottom will not do that, but give you the final reply instead. So I usually ignore my own statuses until I have reached the bottom of the new notifications.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...