Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general What is the worst airport you've been to?

Cyandashie

I really don't like the airport in Kuala Lumpur. I went there with family on holiday and that was probably the most  stressful few hours of my life. That and the fact that they lost my luggage.

To be honest Stockholm Skavsta is pretty terrible. It's probably about the size of a supermarket and only has one shop, one restaurant and one set of toilets (plus really limited seating). I guess the plus side is that you can get through it pretty quickly, but it's probably the worst in terms of facilities/etc that I've been to myself.

• Brohoof 2

• 3 years later...

I haven't been at many airport, in general I fly rather rarely. From the airports I have been too the on Lyon, France was the most chaotic one and Frankfurt the most crowded. All others didnt stand out for me in any negative (or postivie) way.

The airport for Puerto Vallarta, Mexico was near insufferable. No AC in the entire place being 90°F with 99% humidity. There was a light out on the plane and the replacement bulb took 3 hours to replace :dry:

• 2 weeks later...

I believe it was Chicago O'Hare airport. I was getting my belongings checked and the man executing the check asked to see my iPad which had a case on it. It had a stand attached to it so I could have my iPad stand up when on surfaces. I gave it to him and he pulled the stand right off. He broke it. I looked at him dead in the eye and told him that he just broke the case and all he did was hand the iPad and the case back to me. He didn't even so much as apologize.

I know that this is more of a worst person at and airport response but this memory has made me much more skeptical of airports.

Charlotte Douglas International Airport

I may be alone in this, but while Atlanta is busier, it's at least quite easy to get from one place to another. Charlotte feels so damned convoluted it's NOT funny!

I flew for the first time in a long time last year... Still don't know how I'm supposed to determine the quality of an airport.

I've been to Tulsa's, Denver's, Dallas's, San Antonio's, Los Angeles's and whichever one we went to when we went to DC.

Tulsa didn't have carbonated water for me to take my allergy meds for the flight and I had to get a Dr Pepper. Boo, Tulsa! lol That's one metric, I guess? Restrooms... I remember Tulsa's being really nasty, and Denver's being less nasty. But that's probably something that depends on the day. (I just want to trash on Tulsa because Oklahoma sucks. Can't you see? :P) I can only compare those two because I haven't been to the others in forever. lol

• Brohoof 1

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Okay, so recently I flew again and I now have a pretty solid opinion of my least favorite airport.

No, it's not Tulsa. Can't give Tulsa this one even though I want to because Oklahoma sucks. LOL The airport is fairly decent. My least favorite is one of Chicago's... Not O'Hare (which I've never been to that I recall) instead I'm talking about Midway. I got there for a connecting flight and was met with a very small, clustered, and very crowded terminal. There were no seats for me to even sit while waiting for the next flight, and the restroom's line was backed up waayyyy far. The men's restroom somehow also had a similarly long line so my dad had to wait as well. LOL. WTF. :mlp_laugh:

Maybe I'm being too harsh, but that didn't leave a good impression on me. It just a big clustered mess. I didn't get to check out any of the restaurants and stores there, it was a very short time in between flights.

On the other hand, I use Denver's airport a second time and it has been established as my favorite airport of any I have been to (recently at least. I don't remember much of anything about the airports I went to in the mid 2000s anymore).

57 minutes ago, Envy said:

Okay, so recently I flew again and I now have a pretty solid opinion of my least favorite airport.

No, it's not Tulsa. Can't give Tulsa this one even though I want to because Oklahoma sucks. LOL The airport is fairly decent. My least favorite is one of Chicago's... Not O'Hare (which I've never been to that I recall) instead I'm talking about Midway. I got there for a connecting flight and was met with a very small, clustered, and very crowded terminal. There were no seats for me to even sit while waiting for the next flight, and the restroom's line was backed up waayyyy far. The men's restroom somehow also had a similarly long line so my dad had to wait as well. LOL. WTF. :mlp_laugh:

Maybe I'm being too harsh, but that didn't leave a good impression on me. It just a big clustered mess. I didn't get to check out any of the restaurants and stores there, it was a very short time in between flights.

On the other hand, I use Denver's airport a second time and it has been established as my favorite airport of any I have been to (recently at least. I don't remember much of anything about the airports I went to in the mid 2000s anymore).

Denver is really spacy :ooh: . Not a lot of walls or enclosed spaces. Also the art :orly: ….. conspiracies much? 

Least favorite for me? Ehhh…. I’m not picky. I’m happy to be at any generally. Maybe least attractive or boring for their size…. OKC? PIT?

I've only been to O'Haire, LAX, Orlando, Ontario, and San Diego. I probably dislike LAX the most just for how horrible the traffic is

Since my last post in this thread I’ve had the misfortune of experiencing the Queen Mother of all shitty airports: DALLAS FORT WORTH. I had to make connecting flights there this summer, departing to, and returning again, from Florida. Both times were disasters. I had my tickets in hand and up to the minute info on my phone but they still managed to wait until minutes before boarding time to change the boarding gate to the opposite end of the airport, and DFW is HUGE. We had to take a shuttle to the opposite end of the place, trying all the while to find ANY signs or directions to no avail. The maps of the airport were plentiful but not one of them showed a ‘You are here’ designation, so that rendered them meaningless. When we finally found our way to the plane we were exhausted and barely made it on time. The same thing happened on our return trip; another last minute gate change to the opposite end of the airport and no signage. I wasn’t the only one having this problem; I saw others sprinting past me to make their flights, and I had an 80 year-old woman with a bad ankle with me and she couldn’t sprint like the rest of us. It was a nightmare. DFW is on my permanent shit list and I’ll travel an extra day in any direction to avoid it.   

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, DubWolf said:

Denver is really spacy :ooh: . Not a lot of walls or enclosed spaces. Also the art :orly: ….. conspiracies much? 

I never saw the artwork. I liked how big and wide it is. You have to understand that when you go to a cramped airport like Chicago Midway, it makes you appreciate the space of Denver's airport a lot!

(Of course, maybe Chicago Midway isn't usually as bad as it was for me. I bet Thanksgiving travel was already beginning when I was there)

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, Envy said:

I never saw the artwork. I liked how big and wide it is. You have to understand that when you go to a cramped airport like Chicago Midway, it makes you appreciate the space of Denver's airport a lot!

(Of course, maybe Chicago Midway isn't usually as bad as it was for me. I bet Thanksgiving travel was already beginning when I was there)

Yeah I forget the art is on the ground-side, by the baggage counters.

• 2 months later...

I've been to Seattle, LAX, Orlando, DFW, and Love Field but out of those LAX is definitely the worst. 

Considering I had to spend the night there....

• 4 weeks later...

I was stuck at an airport in Puerto Vallarta for 6 hours and it was hell. Extremely hot, seats that make rocks look soft, no restaurants and the water was undrinkable. All from a delay with our aircraft having some sort of light issue in the cockpit panel. Bleh :eww: