Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Modern Warfare 2019

The Historian

Aight. I'll admit it. I'm a Call of Duty fangirl. However, the trash that was Black Ops 4 kinda... killed my interest in the franchise. And I had fairly low expectations for this year's entry. But... I gotta say, Infinity Ward pulled out all the stops and this is one of the best, if not THE best, game in the franchise. IW did an incredible job with this entry and I am very pleased with how it's turning out.

I haven't played the campaign yet. That's for this weekend but I have played multiplayer over the last few days. It is a blast. So much to do. So much to unlock. Not a million modes that split the community like years past. And... best of all... crossplay! No longer will I be stuck with a dead game after two weeks on PC since I can simply get matched up with console players. I am absolutely thrilled that this came true!

While I can't speak for the future of the game, at the time of writing this, there are NO lootboxes whatsoever. I hope to god it stays that way. If rumors are to be believed, not even a shitty season pass! If no lootboxes stays true and there's no season pass, am gonna be a happy girl.

So... y'all... mlpforums party up? Who's with me?!

• Brohoof 4

58 minutes ago, mini said:

ngl 175gb size seems ludicrous

175gb?

Talk about uncompressed textures. That's even more ridiculous than BO3.

To be honest, I don't see myself playing this game I guess it's pretty fun to watch.

Still going to point out the white phosphorous controversy that showed up a few months before the game was going to release. I'm not sure if it's been removed yet or if it's going to show up in a later update, but while playing a first person shooter game might be cathartic to most, I'm a bit more reluctant to support the game if it casually puts chemical weapons in their game.

(edited)
23 hours ago, Shiki said:

Pc vs console players seems ludicrous

Actually, I get smoked pretty consistently by console players. They have autoaim. I don't. I only have an advantage at extreme range so it's fairly well balanced all things considered.

9 hours ago, mini said:

ngl 175gb size seems ludicrous

Yeah, definitely was fun downloading 125 gigs of data. But I dunno about ludicrous. The game has a ton of content though. Games are getting larger because they have more fidelity so I wouldn't call it ludicrous.

7 hours ago, Anneal said:

Still going to point out the white phosphorous controversy that showed up a few months before the game was going to release. I'm not sure if it's been removed yet or if it's going to show up in a later update, but while playing a first person shooter game might be cathartic to most, I'm a bit more reluctant to support the game if it casually puts chemical weapons in their game.

It's not haphazard and not even the first time Call of Duty used chemical weapons in a campaign. MW3 included it as a central plot point. Hell, Spec Ops: The Line included white phosphorous for the same reason. Dismissing a game because it has chemical weapons in it is basically saying "this is a video game and they cannot touch certain things." It's not casual and never has been. I hope it's still there and didn't get cut because it made some people get their panties in a twist.

Edited by The Historian
  • Brohoof 1

Still not going to invest into it.Just sounds like yet another mediocre COD game that's even less creative than its recent predecessors.

Also, 175gb? MMOs that have every reason to have huge file sizes aren't even a fifth of that size, f***! Other games of the genre are legit hardly in the double digits in file size... Paladins? 10.5gb. Team Fortress 2 (including all updates)? 11.5gb. Not even close to a tenth of that size, d@mn.

I'd rather just play the OG Modern Warfare again.

Edited by Spider Demon

3 hours ago, The Historian said:

It's not haphazard and not even the first time Call of Duty used chemical weapons in a campaign. MW3 included it as a central plot point. Hell, Spec Ops: The Line included white phosphorous for the same reason. Dismissing a game because it has chemical weapons in it is basically saying "this is a video game and they cannot touch certain things." It's not casual and never has been. I hope it's still there and didn't get cut because it made some people get their panties in a twist.

The difference is that in Spec Ops: The Line it was a plot point to specifically show how cruel and inhumane chemical weapons were and deconstruct common themes of first person shooters. I am not personally against a game having chemical weapons treated as a serious topic in video games. What I mean is that in Modern Warfare, at least from recent news, they are using it as a killstreak option, turning something that should normally treated with seriousness as some cheap way to get extra kills in a deathmatch game.

3 minutes ago, Anneal said:

The difference is that in Spec Ops: The Line it was a plot point to specifically show how cruel and inhumane chemical weapons were and deconstruct common themes of first person shooters. I am not personally against a game having chemical weapons treated as a serious topic in video games. What I mean is that in Modern Warfare, at least from recent news, they are using it as a killstreak option, turning something that should normally treated with seriousness as some cheap way to get extra kills in a deathmatch game.

you'd be even more shocked to find out what you get with a 25 killstreak in MW2

7 hours ago, Anneal said:

If it's a killstreak in the game, I don't see it unless it's the hidden one, which I highly doubt. So, either it wasn't in the game at all or someone misrepresented it. As a killstreak, I'd be inclined to agree with you being a cheap addition. But so far, I haven't yet seen anything in the game concerning it so it's hard to say.

I actually play these games for the campaign modes, so I'm kinda holding out on that. Haven't heard too much about this one shockingly enough, given having that alone already makes it better than Black Ops 4