Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

animation Hazbin Hotel Official Fan Thread (also Helluva Boss)

JonasDarkmane

Characters that you are really liking so far~  

60 users have voted

1. 1. Hazbin Hotel Main cast and main supporting cast

• Angel Dust
    • Alastor
    • Sir Pentious
    • Charlie the Princess of Hell
    • Vaggie
    • Niffty
    • Huskar
    • Cherri Bomb
    • Katie Killjoy
  2. 2. Helluva Boss main cast and main supporting cast

• Moxxie
    • Blitzo
    • Millie
    • Loona
    • Stolas

Since there was no official thread for the new animated series, Hazbin Hotel, I took it upon myself to create it so that there would be a thread for it where people can discuss their thoughts and ideas about the show as well as to further hype for more episodes, fan over certain characters/waifus/husbandos and even talk about other things like how it is amazing that we see a bunch of independent creators can come together to work on something like this without the backing of a corporation which often limit the artistic freedoms when it comes to attaching their names/labels on said shows. 

This animation was spearheaded by Vivziepop, also known as Vivienne Medrano, who went ahead to form a group called SpindleHorse Toons, a collective of amazing artists and animators working together to make videos and toons. 

In any case, the pilot was officially released on the 28th of October on Youtube close to Halloween. This cartoon is not meant for younger viewers as it contains a lot of adult material. 

What do you guys think of the series so far? Any characters that you in particular love (I think you know who I love :wub:)? Do you think this could be a testament to artists not requiring the backing of companies? 

I've gone ahead and also added in Helluva Boss which is a separate animated series by the same artists and Vivziepop that still takes place in the same universe as Hazbin Hotel does. Perhaps Helluva Boss could be a separate topic of its own, but as it stands, we can talk about it here as well~

Edited by Alastor
Adding stuff for the poll and discussion~
  • Brohoof 6

• The title was changed to Hazbin Hotel Official Fan Thread

I absolutely adore the series pilot (9.75+/10), and I absolutely can't wait for an announcement on episode 2. :) 

I like most of the characters (even Vaggie to a degree who I originally thought I would absolutely dislike because of her general b!+chy attitude). But I still have to say Angel Dust is my absolute favorite with all of his innuendos and cuteness that I admittedly envy, a lot. But I also like how jarring that is with his sometimes violent tendencies. But I also like how he just doesn't really seem to care about much aside from gay s*x and drugs. Also Really liked the Egg Bois. :catface:  I also really liked Alastor for the charm he has to him, and my, er, opinions of him have only gotten stronger. :blush:

One thing though is that my headcanon may have been ruined when Alastor declined Angel's sexual advances. :sealed:

Edited by Spider Demon
  • Brohoof 3

I've been looking forward to its release for a while, and while I really enjoyed it, I can't help but feel a little underwhelmed. I think I've been watching too much MLP recently and that made me develop unrealistic expectations. Regardless, I still liked the pilot a lot and I'm looking forward to more.

I thought Alastor was a really cool character, and I love his voice and how it gets clearer when he gets serious / angry. It creates a lot of really cool cosplay opportunities that I want to try.

Pentious is probably my favorite character, though. I really like his whole aesthetic.

I haven’t seen the first episode yet, But I am into dark cartoons. So this something I’ll definitely  look into and come back later.  I just hope it doesn’t have poor random shitty comedy like most modern cartoon do...if its fall somewhere between Invader Zim and the Grim’s adventure of billy and Mandy comedy then that would great.

I don’t have a favorite characters yet but after looking at the profiles, Sir Pentious, Husk and Charri bomb got my attention so maybe these three. Their character’s facts so far is the kind of things I like in a character.

Spoiler

"A thunderous cry as the sword lunges,
A sickening crack as it plunges.
The black beast wrought in Iron finally fears,
Through the crowd, swelling cheers.

What was once great, gone in a flash,
It's rise and fall lost to the past.
So few now remain,
Forever burdened to carry the pain.

Old friend, I ask, let it be,
Lest you forge an enemy."-DnD

0C434EF2-79DE-4FC5-93F0-1D12053D0811.jpeg.ed5101e0263a99094e2c30c4d1660391.jpeg

I'm kinda interesting in watching this too. I keep hearing about this show and how everyone who has seen it likes it to some degree. I think I'll give it a go.

So where can I find episodes to watch? 

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Lucky Bat said:

I'm kinda interesting in watching this too. I keep hearing about this show and how everyone who has seen it likes it to some degree. I think I'll give it a go.

So where can I find episodes to watch? 

The pilot episode's up on YouTube. I can toss you a link.

5 minutes ago, Renegade the Zombiecorn said:

The pilot episode's up on YouTube. I can toss you a link.

Ohhh so there's only one episode right now? Sure I'll take that link!

• Brohoof 1

On 10/29/2019 at 5:51 PM, TBD said:

I haven’t seen the first episode yet, But I am into dark cartoons. So this something I’ll definitely  look into and come back later.  I just hope it doesn’t have poor random shitty comedy like most modern cartoon do...if its fall somewhere between Invader Zim and the Grim’s adventure of billy and Mandy comedy then that would great.

I don’t have a favorite characters yet but after looking at the profiles, Sir Pentious, Husk and Charri bomb got my attention so maybe these three. Their character’s facts so far is the kind of things I like in a character.

So I finally got to see it and I would give it about 7/10 The animation was great and the characters as well too. I don’t know if there aren’t enough descent dark jokes or if the joke is a bit dry in some parts but I just feel they tried a bit too hard to make this a dark cartoon. Mainly for Alestor’s character. Villainous is one of recent dark cartoon and that show reminded me of HH, minus the profanity and without forcing too much on trying to be edgy..

Alestor is a great character but OP edgy character is one reason I just have to roll my eyes “ oh great a Mr. perfect edge lord. Black hat is similar as him but he has his flaws. Dark comedy means no one is perfect. This particular character kills the vibe for me. 

Im sticking to my three favorite though along with added ones. Veggie and Angel dust.

Overall it’s a good animation, I like the whole hell thing and the plot. but I just wish it doesn’t look like they are trying so hard to be so edgy for the sake of oh lets make it edgy and  called it dark. It’s genre is dark comedy and I don’t see anything but profanity and people calling each other shitheads in different ways and form. Okay I get it. It’s hell and it’s for adult but got anything else like making fun of life itself? Other then ohh it’s dark blahhh.. ah fuck it ya dipshit”. It’s redundant really. No show can do well as Invader Zim , billy and Mandy or beetlejuice anymore. I’m not a expert in dark comedy but I guess theirs wasn’t hitting off right. but yeah I’m still going stick to Hazbin hotel since I can’t judge it completely without seeing more. 

• Brohoof 1

I give it a 10/09. It would have been a 10/10, but there seemed to be issues with the sound levels going all over the place. I truly loved it though. Angel was great! Charlie? OMG, She's such a sweetheart!

I really hope to hear that a series is coming soon.

In case the other's here failed to clue people in..NOT for younger viewers!

Vaggie.full.2443454.jpg

Vaggie is really cool! I love that she is Charlie's 'best friend'. Yup, they're pre-shipped, for your viewing pleasure!

Edited by cuteycindyhoney
  • Brohoof 1

I give the pilot episode a solid 8/10. It was a fun way to start the series! The animation and art style is very good! The art style reminds me of Disney meeting Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy. The characters are pretty enjoyable and fun for the most part! The voice acting was pretty good and fits the characters!

Charlie is a :wub:ble central protagonist. Sir Pentious is a bit over the top, and I love him for it! I mean a lot the reactions and his lines are just classic! 

On 10/29/2019 at 4:41 PM, Spider Demon said:

Pentious: "Son?"  :o (This emote seems the best to replicate the face)

Alastor: Do I know you?

Pentious: Oh yes you do! This Time I have the upper hand! *Brings out a ray gun on his air carrier* I'm so evil!

Then there was him slamming his head on to the ground when an Egg Boi wanted wanted to get by ray gun.

Angel, Vaggie, and Alastor or pretty enjoyable, but need a to grow on me some more. Husker and Cherry were ok, but kind of were a bit flat to me. The news anchors were kind of meh. Just not that interesting.

Really I hope to see more in the future!

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Sir Pentious said:

Charlie is a :wub:ble central protagonist. Sir Pentious is a bit over the top, and I love him for it! I mean a lot the reactions and his lines are just classic! 

Sir Pentious is like the old classic villain you don't get anymore in modern cartoon nowadays. He looks like black Hat from Villainous (another good one too)  but then again..

1527653870548.png

He also reminded me of Zim too, very destructive but a big idiot. Which that makes him a comical villain.

• Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, TBD said:

Sir Pentious is like the old classic villain you don't get anymore in modern cartoon nowadays. He looks like black Hat from Villainous (another good one too)  but then again..

1527653870548.png

He also reminded me of Zim too, very destructive but a big idiot. Which that makes him a comical villain.

That is true, it was makes him very enjoyable. I mean Zim was over the top at times too, but not in a bad way. Sir Pentious is intelligent enough to invent things and make plans to try to control hell, but not intelligent enough to make his plans work. Especially with his minions being Egg Bois being the classic type minions and not the annoying type minions.

• Brohoof 2

On 10/30/2019 at 10:23 PM, cuteycindyhoney said:

Vaggie is really cool! I love that she is Charlie's 'best friend'. Yup, they're pre-shipped, for your viewing pleasure!

Honestly, Vaggie's the kind of girl I'd be interested in when I was younger. :P

1 hour ago, Renegade the Unicorn said:

Honestly, Vaggie's the kind of girl I'd be interested in when I was younger. :P

That kind  of “I don’t take bull from anyone” punk/goth girl is my favorite kind as well. It’s quite attractive really. :LunaMCM: 

2 hours ago, Sir Pentious said:

That is true, it was makes him very enjoyable. I mean Zim was over the top at times too, but not in a bad way. Sir Pentious is intelligent enough to invent things and make plans to try to control hell, but not intelligent enough to make his plans work. Especially with his minions being Egg Bois being the classic type minions and not the annoying type minions.

You mean like the ones who can’t  do anything but fool around or just a punching bag for their master type of minion? Agreed. (Aside from Gir!! He’s exceptional and because who doesn’t like gir?) I like it how most characters have their own flaws but the only one that I think it’s a bit too much is Alestor. That one will take some time for me to grow to like. But  “OP edgy to the max” character tend lose my interests. Plus his fake overly optimistic personality while acting like Discord is the kind of a character that’s annoying (no offense to all Alestor fans.)

Edited by TBD
  • Brohoof 1

I liked it. I've been vaguely aware of Vivziepop for a while now, so I'm glad to see her getting some exposure. It's amazing that in this day and age, we can get high quality content like this from amateurs (as in the not-professional sense, not the disparaging sense).

Charlie is (obviously) my fave, and I like the way they hint that she's got her own well of evil hidden behind the perkiness. Plus, I love songs with very fast sung lyrics. Then there's the fact she seems to at least half squeaky toy. Who doesn't like squeaky toys?

Image result for charlie song hasbin

Alastor is pretty cool, too. I think the radio voice is one of the best parts. Although, I worry that he's a wee bit OP. It's hard to generate tension or suspense when he can solve any conflict with a snap of the fingers. Still, I have to give props to him for delivering one of the best lines so far:

"Dee-heer, if I wanted to hurt anyone here... I would have done so already." Complete with making the whole video go static, as if even the fourth wall is no protection. Brrr. :blink:

Angel Dust is fine and all, just not really my thing.

Overall, Hasbin Hotel just oozes creativity (or maybe demon slime, hard to tell those apart sometimes), and I'm eager to see where they take the show from here on out.

Image result for charlie hazbin hotel cute

Oh, yes... any guesses on who Charlie's mom is? I'm guessing...

Spoiler

Lillith, from the pictures on the walls in the hotel.

• Brohoof 3

56 minutes ago, Renegade the Unicorn said:

Damn straight. I love rough and tumble girls more than any other. :LunaMCM1:

Don’t forgot having a soft side too. :bedeyes:

11 minutes ago, TBD said:

You mean like the ones who can’t  do anything but fool around or just a punching bag for their master type of minion? Agreed. (Aside from Gir!! He’s exceptional and because who doesn’t like gir?) I like it how most characters have their own flaws but the only one that I think it’s a bit too much is Alestor. That one will take some time for me to grow to like. But  “OP edgy to the max” character lose my interests. 

Gir indeed is an awesome character! He was my favorite character from Invader Zim! 

Alestor does need little man more work, I wouldn't say he is an "Edge Lord" more so on the lines of Discord in terms of mischievous. I understand why you see him the way you do though.

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, Sir Pentious said:

Gir indeed is an awesome character! He was my favorite character from Invader Zim! 

Alestor does need little man more work, I wouldn't say he is an "Edge Lord" more so on the lines of Discord in terms of mischievous. I understand why you see him the way you do though.

Gir is adorable minion!
You quoted me before I could Edit/add more xp.  I was going to say that too!  He reminded me of Discord himself. Someone who’s overly optimistic but con man at the same time. I just hope Alestor doesn’t fall into a “very annoying character”  level as Discord did in mlp.  Although he’s just on the surface, for now. 

• Brohoof 1

12 hours ago, Sunny Fox said:

I liked it. I've been vaguely aware of Vivziepop for a while now, so I'm glad to see her getting some exposure. It's amazing that in this day and age, we can get high quality content like this from amateurs (as in the not-professional sense, not the disparaging sense).

Charlie is (obviously) my fave, and I like the way they hint that she's got her own well of evil hidden behind the perkiness. Plus, I love songs with very fast sung lyrics. Then there's the fact she seems to at least half squeaky toy. Who doesn't like squeaky toys?

Image result for charlie song hasbin

Alastor is pretty cool, too. I think the radio voice is one of the best parts. Although, I worry that he's a wee bit OP. It's hard to generate tension or suspense when he can solve any conflict with a snap of the fingers. Still, I have to give props to him for delivering one of the best lines so far:

"Dee-heer, if I wanted to hurt anyone here... I would have done so already." Complete with making the whole video go static, as if even the fourth wall is no protection. Brrr. :blink:

Angel Dust is fine and all, just not really my thing.

Overall, Hasbin Hotel just oozes creativity (or maybe demon slime, hard to tell those apart sometimes), and I'm eager to see where they take the show from here on out.

Image result for charlie hazbin hotel cute

Oh, yes... any guesses on who Charlie's mom is? I'm guessing...

Reveal hidden contents

Lillith, from the pictures on the walls in the hotel.

Charlie is my second favorite (It is obvious who my favorite is). I mean her being the daughter of the head honcho of hell and a demon, of course she is going to have an evil side! She just doesn't want show it. Though there is probably going to be times where she can't hide it.

• Brohoof 1

I watched the pilot, but I’m going to hold off having opinions for now. The ambiance was incredibly unique, though, and I’ll stay tuned for the next episode. 

• Brohoof 1

Gosh Charlie's so cute.. being this shining light in the darkness. I wonder how she came to be?

One of the funniest lines was Angel replying to "was that you trying to be sexist, or racist?"

"Whatever pisses you off more". Kek, no effs given.

Also, isn't it supposed to be the "Happy Hotel" :please: .