Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

animation Hazbin Hotel Official Fan Thread (also Helluva Boss)

JonasDarkmane

Characters that you are really liking so far~  

60 users have voted

1. 1. Hazbin Hotel Main cast and main supporting cast

• Angel Dust
    • Alastor
    • Sir Pentious
    • Charlie the Princess of Hell
    • Vaggie
    • Niffty
    • Huskar
    • Cherri Bomb
    • Katie Killjoy
  2. 2. Helluva Boss main cast and main supporting cast

• Moxxie
    • Blitzo
    • Millie
    • Loona
    • Stolas

Saw the first episode! Really excited to see what happens next. 

Only problem I have with the show is the "inflections" the characters have when they curse. Kind of breaks the rhythm. Sometimes the inflections work, but alot of the time it feels unnatural. 

Very minor issue. 

So we have an update on where Vivzie and her team plan to take Hazbin Hotel next. There might be some time until the next episode, but when the next one comes out, it won't just be one episode, but a full fledged season. She is also working on several other projects, like comics about Hazbin Hotel, another series which is separate but happens in the same universe as Hazbin Hotel and then lots more. But in any case, the plan is to make Hazbin Hotel a full fledged reality one way or another.

• Brohoof 1

On 11/11/2019 at 7:52 PM, Alastor said:

There might be some time until the next episode, but when the next one comes out, it won't just be one episode, but a full fledged season

I don't mind the wait, it's better than not be able to make a full season. Can't wait for more upcoming episode! now would they be still independent? lets hope so..

• Brohoof 1

21 minutes ago, CloudMistDragon said:

So what's next? A spin-off! :kirin:

The Invader Zim comparisons are never going to stop now. They got Richard Steven Horvitz to voice one of the characters. :fluttershy:

Richard is a great voice actor so I’m glad he decided to join the team! I AM ZIM!!

I know this is not literal but I hope Vivziepop doesn’t do too much on “copy cat” Jhonen Vazquez’s work. I mean I can see the resemblance but I would appreciated it more for her work to stand on it own without making it look like it piggyback riding on Jhonen’s work.. 

• Brohoof 2

47 minutes ago, CloudMistDragon said:

So what's next? A spin-off! :kirin:

The Invader Zim comparisons are never going to stop now. They got Richard Steven Horvitz to voice one of the characters. :fluttershy:

Yep, that's essentially what it is. Viv said it is set in the same Hell and everything. But focuses on different characters and is more of a different genre.

2 hours ago, Sir Pentious said:

Richard also voice Billy from Grim Adventures. So there is still going be some Grim Adventure connection as well.

I will laugh my ass off if I see grim, billy and Mandy as a cameos since their world is not that far from being different from a theirs. :orly:

• Brohoof 1

After I saw so many art works lately on DA, I got really curious. My first thinking was: "I know this art style from somewhere. But where?" And then I found out that it is the creator of this video which I know since 2014. Anyway, i must say that the Pilot was actually really good (what is btw. really rarely that I find a pilot really good). I especially enjoyed Alestor (reminds me a little bit of Discord, just more sadistic and creepy ... in a positive way) and Angel Dust. I also find the art style really interesting. Nice ideas of demon designs and an interesting using of the colors red, black, white and pink. I am definitelly interested how this show will go on. 

• 2 weeks later...

Omg! I finally found a thread for this show!! :O 

I literally love this show, AND Helluva Boss as well.

Also I hecking love Angel Dust and Husk. UwU

I also really, really like Loona from Helluva Boss.

Blitzo_and_Loona.gif.dbb5b487c65975332a2a04821c488393.gif

My opinion on Helluva Boss' premiere: I liked it, but not going to lie, not nearly as much as Hazbin. Hazbin has had no characters that I had any problem with and most of which I've ended up liking to various degrees (but Angel and Alastor are still the best OwO). But I didn't like Millie or Moxxie, at all. Sure Moxxie's voice was done by the same guy who voice acted Zim, but that's not enough for me to like him. They both just rubbed me the wrong way. Also, the pacing, was bad. Hazbin had a slight issue with pacing, but the Helluva Boss premiere? My word, that should have been a 22 minute episode instead of 11 minutes. It was so crammed, and rushed. But I do have to say I liked it because the humor was great (almost as good as Hazbin's) and I liked Blitzo (the boss). Seriously, though, it's like the LGBT characters are the best ones... I'll give it an 8.25/10.

By the way best line:

"Sorry, I f***ed your husband!" 

Edited by Ayyngel Dust

I finally got around to watching the pilot. I didn't expect it to be too great so I avoided it for a while. Tonight I finally just figured "what the hell" after seeing it explode for about a month and watched it out of boredom... I think I can get behind this. ;)

Good lord there's so much I enjoyed about this... Angel Dust is adorable af and I love him, Charlie is basically demon Star Butterfly which I freakin adore, Alastor (am I the only person who basically wtf'd out loud when they found out Black Gryph0n is his singing voice..?) is Hell's equivalent of Discord which satisfies my brony side, the writing is incredible and so delightfully daring, the animation is gorgeous, the songs were memorable and never bland... I'm hooked.

About the "it's not inappropriate because they are in hell" type of discussion, the setting is quite convenient, to be fair, to make big controversial statements without any consequence. It would be almost too easy to try to justify things in the same way other people do by saying "it's just a prank bro" because they are all playing. I just wonder what are the moral boundaries of each side, I kinda want to see if this is hell where our protagonists live, what is heaven like and what will the characters need to change to get into heaven since in Charlie's song about the hotel she mentions types of people that because of what they are are now in hell and that's why they need the hotel and in her examples she mentions "sexual deviants", meaning that that is not acceptable and thus they are in hell now. I wonder then what are heaven's standards. 

Morality is a delicate subject. I doubt viz recognizes it since all her work revolves primarily on pure aesthetic and convenience to try to justify her work, current or previous.

Also, I would despise the sudden explosion of people that think that being a shitty person is a personality type.

Edited by Ittoni

The song "Every Demon is a Rainbow" is now a classic that runs on repeat in my head.

Also, Helluva Boss, though being quite fast paced, was quite good! I would accept Hazbin Hotel if it was animated like that.

• Brohoof 1

I watched Helluva Boss the other night, and honestly it's great. It's got somewhat different animation, a different flavor of humor, characters I love... my only gripe is that I think it would've benefitted from a longer pilot. But maybe that just comes from having a 30 minute premiere of Hazbin Hotel.

"The f**k is insurance?!?" Best line right there! :P

Now how long before we get a proper crossover, rather than just one series referencing the other? I have this idea in my head of Charlie, Vaggie, and Angel Dust trying to recruit the demons of I.M.P. and failing pretty miserably. 

I gotta say, I was blown away by how much work was into Hazbin Hotel and it paid off spectacularly. I'm looking forward to what happens next.

You know what, Charlie is up my street with her personality and likes.

Edited by Photon Jet
  • Brohoof 3

Helluva Boss, I have to say was a bit better, with the plot setting and the dark humor without trying hard to be so edgy. I'm a bit annoyed with consent swear words though..I can never understand why Americans keep thinking dropping F bomb every 5 seconds is dope.  *shrug* anyway, I actually like all the characters too especially Loona. She's the most adorable character (next to angel dust and Charlie) and it's so cute how she smile when Blitzo complimented her. It's funny we got Husk the grumpy cat and Loona a grump hound. I wonder if they'll get along.  Blitzo actually reminds me a lot of the Might Tallest though but I would say he's my second along with Moxxie. Millie will take some time to grow on me.

@Alastor maybe we could have a separate Helluva Boss characters poll?

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, TBD said:

@Alastor maybe we could have a separate Helluva Boss characters poll?

I've gone ahead and added a separate poll for Helluva Boss as well as adding clarification for the edit. People can now vote on Helluva Boss characters as well~

• Brohoof 3

So I found this video of fan theories on YouTube:

I think that both of the theories relating to Alastor, especially the latter, have a lot of merit. I personally would be inclined to believe that he might actually be Lucifer's brother or something instead of Lucifer himself though. Only issue with the latter though is that we never see Alastor with an axe. Maybe because it aligns with the first theory that he re-incarnated himself as a human, and just incidentally used axes when he became a serial killer. I don't really know. Though I don't really agree with the theory regarding Vaggie or the theory regarding Charlie.

• Brohoof 1

FINALLY got around to watching Hazbin Hotel and Helluva Boss. Gotta say; I want more. Like...now!

Alastor is bae~

• Brohoof 1