Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Does every pony from Equestria has it's human version counterpart?

Sepul-Coloratura

30 minutes ago, Sepul-Coloratura said:

Pretty much the title says it. Will there be a human character without their pony version or a pony without their human version?

Also, what is the human world of EQG is called? Earth???

Well, there's been a certain pony character whose counterpart's absence s quite notable...:baconmane:

But really, without a full census of both worlds there's no telling. However, it should be noted that a) both have their only mostly non-overlapping sets of background characters, and b) not all humans have pony counterparts - we've seen some with donkey and Diamond Dog ones.

Edited by Latecomer
  • Brohoof 1

Whenever shows do a parallel universe thing, it makes no sense that the 2 universes would be different but just happen to have the same characters in the same place at that moment in time. Think Star Trek.

Where was Vice Principal Luna during the time that Princess Luna was banished to the moon?

I like to think that no, not every pony has a human counterpart, there are some beings who are unique to the worlds. Some humans exist on their own and some ponies do too. Even if the universes were more similar worlds at the start, the Sirens or Sunset coming into their world would probably throw their natural history a bit off course and move things around a bit.

8 minutes ago, Metal Brony 42 said:

Whenever shows do a parallel universe thing, it makes no sense that the 2 universes would be different but just happen to have the same characters in the same place at that moment in time. Think Star Trek.

Where was Vice Principal Luna during the time that Princess Luna was banished to the moon? 

Princess Luna was banished to the moon for a thousand years, so here's a better question...how old are Principal Celestia and Luna? Because if they're ordinary humans, there's no way they're that old. As we've seen with Sci-Twi though, the humans and ponies lives might not match up perfectly, or else Sci-Twi would have already been at CHS and friends with the others like our Princess Twi. So, the characters are definitely not always in the same place.

Not every pony/creature has a counterpart in the world of Equestria Girls. Well... As far as we know. Since we didn't get as much from EQG as we did from Friendship is Magic, there is so much potential that remains untapped though I don't think it will be tapped into now.

That's always what I've taken to be the implication, if only because I enjoy the idea of Equestria Girls as a way of seeing these familiar characters living somewhat different lives, but it is true that there are a lot of clear exceptions. On a practical level, it makes sense that they wouldn't use all of the same characters in both series, because then you'd wind up retreading a lot of the same ground. But I'm always curious what the human version of this character or the pony version of that character is like, so I still think the worlds are equivalent in that way. And yes, I think there must be a human Sunset Shimmer. I think a human Sunset existing is more interesting than if she didn't exist. 

8 hours ago, BastementSparkle said:

As we've seen with Sci-Twi though, the humans and ponies lives might not match up perfectly, or else Sci-Twi would have already been at CHS and friends with the others like our Princess Twi. 

The two worlds aren't necessarily at the same point in these characters' lives; by the end of the Friendship is Magic - even ignoring the time skip - the ponies are very strongly stated to be adults, whereas (as far as I know; haven't seen the holiday special) the humans haven't even graduated high school yet. Remember that Twilight moved to Ponyville much later than everyone else, so that lines up with Sci-Twi transferring to CHS. 

• Brohoof 1