Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Could Discord ACTUALLY be Grogar?

FlareGun45

I know what you're thinking about with the title, "Discord was Grogar in the finale!" I don't mean it like that. I mean, could Discord and Grogar ACTUALLY be the same person? 

Think about it like this - we dunno what happened to Grogar and we dunno where Discord came from, and they're basically equally as powerful, and they both have similar color eyes (just Grogar is a little more faded). Grogar is also a being of chaos, much like Discord, only Discord's chaos is playful while Grogar's is more about destruction! Discord also apparently KNOWS Grogar pretty well, like, he knows where his bell is, and if that's his personality then he played his role pretty spot-on! There are those that believe Grogar made Discord, and in a way, they might be correct, but not in the way they think! 

Let's say Grogar just lost to Gusty the Great, and now he starts experimenting on ways to get his bell back or to find an alternate source of power, but then it turns out he made a portal into the Chaos Dimension and got trapped there for many years, and then he started to change, both his looks and his personality, till it became a permanent part of him!

Grogar's dead and gets reborn as Discord! He finds his way outta the Chaos Dimension and starts spreading chaos around Equestria, but in a different way, till he found friendship! 

• Brohoof 1

I'm not sure. It should be noted that Grogar being Discord all along was planned since the beginning of Season 9, as they wanted Queen Chrysalis, Lord Tirek, and Cozy Glow to be the main antagonists. And since Discord was introduced in Season 2, it wouldn't seem too likely that Discord would indeed be Grogar.

Interesting theory. It adds up a bit, except for one thing. We don't know what Grogar really looked like. What we saw was Discords impression. Also, we don't know if they knew eachother.

Honestly I think the are both manifestations of a power. Discord being chaos and Grogar darkness (and Cosmos malice).

28 minutes ago, Hierok said:

Interesting theory. It adds up a bit, except for one thing. We don't know what Grogar really looked like. What we saw was Discords impression. Also, we don't know if they knew eachother.

Honestly I think the are both manifestations of a power. Discord being chaos and Grogar darkness (and Cosmos malice).

In the book tirek used for the spell was a drawing of grogar using the belle, so his impression was pretty accurate. 

The theory is possible, but I prefer to believe grogar was a powerful mage that manage to create a magical artifact that could steal magic and transfer it to others by a spell he created based on creatures like tirek. He stole from ponies and other creatures snd became super powerful, then he started to steal magic and transfer it to other creature for experiments, thus created the monsters. Eventually one mage, gusty the great decided to stop him, she studied him and how he used the belle, wrote a book about it and when she wad ready she stole the belle, and used it against grogar, taking his magic away from him and storing it in the belle and then hid it. Grogar either was killed, imprissoned or escaped but eventuallywithout the magic he died of old age, if he wasnt killed or banished to limbo or something.

6 hours ago, FlareGun45 said:

I know what you're thinking about with the title, "Discord was Grogar in the finale!" I don't mean it like that. I mean, could Discord and Grogar ACTUALLY be the same person? 

Think about it like this - we dunno what happened to Grogar and we dunno where Discord came from, and they're basically equally as powerful, and they both have similar color eyes (just Grogar is a little more faded). Grogar is also a being of chaos, much like Discord, only Discord's chaos is playful while Grogar's is more about destruction! Discord also apparently KNOWS Grogar pretty well, like, he knows where his bell is, and if that's his personality then he played his role pretty spot-on! There are those that believe Grogar made Discord, and in a way, they might be correct, but not in the way they think! 

Let's say Grogar just lost to Gusty the Great, and now he starts experimenting on ways to get his bell back or to find an alternate source of power, but then it turns out he made a portal into the Chaos Dimension and got trapped there for many years, and then he started to change, both his looks and his personality, till it became a permanent part of him!

Grogar's dead and gets reborn as Discord! He finds his way outta the Chaos Dimension and starts spreading chaos around Equestria, but in a different way, till he found friendship! 

Not knowingly, or he would surely have confessed to that part too. But it's possible even he has forgotten, which would make a great joke of the whole thing.

30 minutes ago, Rushing cash said:

In the book tirek used for the spell was a drawing of grogar using the belle, so his impression was pretty accurate. 

The theory is possible, but I prefer to believe grogar was a powerful mage that manage to create a magical artifact that could steal magic and transfer it to others by a spell he created based on creatures like tirek. He stole from ponies and other creatures snd became super powerful, then he started to steal magic and transfer it to other creature for experiments, thus created the monsters. Eventually one mage, gusty the great decided to stop him, she studied him and how he used the belle, wrote a book about it and when she wad ready she stole the belle, and used it against grogar, taking his magic away from him and storing it in the belle and then hid it. Grogar either was killed, imprissoned or escaped but eventuallywithout the magic he died of old age, if he wasnt killed or banished to limbo or something.

I wonder what the heck did he use to make that bell.
It seems to be really durable, it may got disabled(or specifically the power-up it gave to the trio getting nullified) by getting stuck by a triple rainbow laser of doom, but all that also did was just sort of cracked it a bit rather than obliterating it.
And it seems that its still able to do the transferring/storing magic afterwards. 

14 minutes ago, nightshroud96 said:

I wonder what the heck did he use to make that bell.
It seems to be really durable, it may got disabled(or specifically the power-up it gave to the trio getting nullified) by getting stuck by a triple rainbow laser of doom, but all that also did was just sort of cracked it a bit rather than obliterating it.
And it seems that its still able to do the transferring/storing magic afterwards. 

One traditional possiblity would be meteoric iron.

Not possible. There were two kinds of magic in the bell in the finale, the real Grogar's magic, and Discord's magic. Grogar's magic and Discord's magic were also shown to be completely different, so no, they can not both be the same entity. 

39 minutes ago, CloudMistDragon said:

Not possible. There were two kinds of magic in the bell in the finale, the real Grogar's magic, and Discord's magic. Grogar's magic and Discord's magic were also shown to be completely different, so no, they can not both be the same entity. 

The chaos magic is REPLACEMENT to Grogar's old magic. Grogar lost his magic via Gusty, and using what little magic he got left to create the portal to the Chaos Dimension and therefore changed completely, but mentally and physically!

I mean do you have a better origin story for Discord? Everything comes from something.

5 minutes ago, FlareGun45 said:

I mean do you have a better origin story for Discord? Everything comes from something.

His mother had a very wild night. (Even by her standards, and her previous children included the first manticores and chimeras.)

Do not want! I mean, is this the kind of lore we want? Let's stop asking ourselves what those hipsters were thinking (hint: not much) and just grab that pony princess by the horn. It's our turn to make some shit up! Give em' some of their retcon medicine! It's not like they were any better than your average Brony.

So, Discord's origins. Every culture has one of those weird creature stories. The Not-Goat-kun version would thus be that some divine jester glued him together from spare animal parts that were lying around after creation. It's simple, it's clean, it explains the clown magic. Let Grogar be Grogar ffs.

P.S: Oh, just one more thing cause it's inevitable: the IDW comics. One day Princess Luna ate so much tofu that she started hallucinating, and since she's the artistic type she put her hallucinations into drawings. Those drawings became what we know as IDW comics. That is all. Good night Equestria!

Edited by Goat-kun
providence

That is so impossible because according from Wiki and his past story didn't answer if Grogar is really dead and born again just like a Phoenix and one again he is immortal in the G1 so that mean he is also immortal in the G4. Grogar is an ancient villains and also a Demon Necromancer Ram with power more than 1.000 army so that mean he is more powerful than all creature in the show and he is know how to made him self to be immortal and even without eat the food and drink a water he still powerful. Grogar is the Father of Monsters and Discord is the Lord of Cheos so both of them is different because Discord is one of the Grogar's created and he don't has a parent so Grogar is his father.

3 hours ago, Flash-Magnus said:

That is so impossible because according from Wiki and his past story didn't answer if Grogar is really dead and born again just like a Phoenix and one again he is immortal in the G1 so that mean he is also immortal in the G4. Grogar is an ancient villains and also a Demon Necromancer Ram with power more than 1.000 army so that mean he is more powerful than all creature in the show and he is know how to made him self to be immortal and even without eat the food and drink a water he still powerful. Grogar is the Father of Monsters and Discord is the Lord of Cheos so both of them is different because Discord is one of the Grogar's created and he don't has a parent so Grogar is his father.

Erm, most of this is pure nonsense.