Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ever wear merch around at college/school?

CosmicHooves

Back in high school, I legit wore a Fluttershy t-shirt around, and didn't think twice about it.

Wish I had the same lack of care today as I did back then. *sigh*

It's hard to be yourself when you're afraid of being labeled as weird.

Edited by CosmicHooves
  • Brohoof 1

Nope. I didn't want the people I'd be around for the next nine months to think I'm weird. The most I did was put a small Derpy sticker on my water bottle, and even then I kept the bottle hidden or turned so nobody could see it.

On a related note, freshman year of high school I was very openly a furry, and had I watched MLP back then I'm certain I would have worn merch for that to school, too. It was pretty cringe, but I kind of wish I could be as expressive as I was back then and not be nervous about it.

Anyway, here's the Derpy sticker on my water bottle.

Spoiler

20191103_144825.thumb.jpg.686039f21b1da7b8db9457431b607beb.jpg

• Brohoof 1

I have but it was way back in middle school, around 2011. I wore a "I was Derpy before it was cool" shirt under my jacket. I had part of it showing and some guy tried to brohoof me but I was totally lost in what he was trying to do and awkwardly stared at him.

*Edit

Apparently it was 'Derp' and not 'Derpy'.

Edited by Doctor Derpy

Nope, but I also didn't wear merch of any kind now, and these days I almost exclusively wear plain white t-shirts. I believe I have a derpy shirt, some doctor whooves and DJPON3 socks, but I've never worn them because I didn't want to wear them out and maybe they didn't fit either? They were gifts. I was never worried about people knowing I was into the show, I've just never been big on having or wearing stuff from it. Doesn't match my aesthetic.

Yup! I wore my Derpy mailbag purse everywhere in college for years. It was really fun because one time some touring high schoolers spotted me and squealed like, “EEEEEEE DERPY!! I LOVE YOUR BAG!!”

Twas fun. XD

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I put a Twilight Sparkle sticker on one of my notebooks in Grade 11. It wasn't very large, so nobody could really notice it.

Well the last time l had mlp clothes is when l was shorter and it was many years ago. I grew out of my mlp clothes and l never got any new mlp clothes after my old ones went away. So no because l don't have any.

• 2 weeks later...

The only thing I "wear" is a Discord keychain. It's on my car keys and I have it outside my pocket mainly because it's kind of sharp. Usually while I was in class I would have my keys with my other stuff on my desk. People seem to like it and ask what it's from and I just say "oh, just some cartoon"

discordkey.jpg.892fb423966d2e7edddb567b12471fda.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I remember a few times in High School I wore my MLP shirt (my mom back then wasn't a big fan of me wearing pony stuff to school so I had to be sneaky about wearing anything pony to school). By the time I started college she had loosened up about the "no ponies in public" rule so I openly wore several MLP shirts to class on several different occasions, in fact I even brought in my Fallout Equestria hardcover book and used it as a prop in my Public Speaking class in which I basically stood in front of the class and told them all about FOE, it was great :-D Of course since the virus hit I haven't had any in-person classes so I haven't really been wearing my pony shirts, however I did wear one today when I met up with Lucky Bolt and Sliding Bolt from right here on the forums irl at a restaurant not too far from where I live, so that was really neat ^_^ 

• Brohoof 1

Back in college I wore a pony shirts couple times and nothing really came much of it. 

When I went back home I wore them around in the streets and again nothing really came much of it. 

Was just out enjoying myself :D 

Never wore pony shirts at community college, but I've always worn them at work and when I go out now and no one has ever given a shit. Even got a compliment on my Maud Pie shirt not too long ago. :nom:

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was an insecure fuck then and I'm still an insecure fuck now, so I never really did that unless I wanted to make an ass out of myself from time to time. If I ever did, I was usually wearing a sweater over it. Otherwise, the most I'd do was have MLP buttons on my bag