Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you think about Luster Dawn?

FirePuppy

I think Luster Dawn is good. A great new unicorn to show the perspective of others in future Equestria and Twilight continuing the legacy of teaching others about the magic of friendship. Yeah she didn’t get a lot of screen time but that’s to be expected coming from the very last episode. But as an epilogue character she served her role nicely imo

• Brohoof 2

I think she is amazing! It's nice that the final episode was about Twilight having a star student of her own just like Celestia did with Twilight and needing to teach her about the importance of friendship, I found that to be interesting.

3 hours ago, EpicEnergy said:

I think she is amazing! It's nice that the final episode was about Twilight having a star student of her own just like Celestia did with Twilight and needing to teach her about the importance of friendship, I found that to be interesting.

We already had over five years of that with Sunset and Starlight though

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, The Nth Doctor said:

We already had over five years of that with Sunset and Starlight though

I haven't seen EQG so I don't really know much about Sunset.

As for Starlight though, she didn't struggle with the importance of friendship. Starlight's original problem pre-reformation was with cutie marks and losing connection with a very close friend and post-reformation was with how to manage friendships (as she struggled with a desire to control her friends), whereas Luster Dawn's problem is with making friends altogether and doubting the importance of friendship. Also, Starlight wasn't Twilight's star pupil either, she was Twilight's mentee.

• Brohoof 1

On 5/11/2019 at 16:29, The Nth Doctor said:

Sin embargo, otro clon de Twilight Sparkle se libera de su tanque a medida que la historia se repite

Horriblemente poco creativo y desearía que se hubieran ido con un Pony terrestre o algo así

I don't think an earth pony can learn magic and make spells.

On 11/9/2019 at 3:38 PM, frida said:

I don't think an earth pony can learn magic and make spells.

First time for everything, and it'd be an interesting bit of lore and world-building - Unicorns can already do everything Pegasi and Earth Ponies can, so it'd be cool to see the playing field leveled again

• 1 month later...

I know this conversation has been inactive for a while, but I would just like to add:

If Luster was Starlight and Sunburst's kid, wouldn't Spike have... I don't know... known about her? I mean, when he met her in the Last Problem it seemed like he was meeting her for the first time. I'm all for Luster being the daughter of Starlight but that just seems too out-of-place. If Starlight had a daughter I'm pretty sure Spike would have known about her from the start.

I know that this is petty but i’m not a fan of her mane. I don’t like how messy it looks. 

Fun fact: I first thought that she was the daughter of Sunburst because her cutie mark is a bit similar to his ^_^

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having a hard time deciding between her being a millionth rehash of Twilight/Sunset/Starlight or Haber's conveniently gifted OC

Edited by Megas
  • Brohoof 1

At first I thought she was a good character, her design is perhaps one of the most attractive we have seen in the series, but after a few weeks it becomes boring, what took away my taste for her was how fans treated her, predicting her in the future just for having seen her in an episode, they say that she is a bookworm automatically because she is a student, that she will go to ponyville to make friends, that she will then learn the 'magic' of friendship and that she will become a princess and that shit, blah, blah, blah, I think everyone reacts like that 'cause the need to see new ponies, it's exhausting to see all the comments about her.

On 11/4/2019 at 12:41 PM, KH7672 said:

I like the headcanon that she's Starlight and Sunburst's daughter. One just for the fanart and endless possibilities of stories they can be incorporated in, but also from a logical stand point it could work.

The main concern being how did the daughter of the heads of the School of Friendship learn to be reluctant to friendship. Easy, in fear of turning into their parents Starlight and Sunburst didn't baby Luster or plan her entire life around their life and just let her grow up as she did. The only thing they did was send her off to the one pony they could trust, the pony who gave them all their better opportunities in life, Princess Twilight. If anypony knew how to deal with a pony gifted in magic and reluctant to friendship in an outside environment, it was her. They would just wait until it was time to enroll her in the School of Friendship and not force her into it.

Or she can just be a random Canterlot unicorn but then you miss out on all this:

Reveal hidden contents

medium.png

medium.png

medium.png

Fantastic :pinkie:

New favorite theory. She has a lot to learn but I can see her being a very powerful pony. However "radiant dawn or dawn radiance" would have been a better name. It is more in line with powerful pony names. Light related time of day: sunset, twilight, starlight, dawn" (yes in that order!) Followed by light description: shimmer, sparkle, glimmer, radiance. 

Eather way a light related name denotes a powerful unicorn. Including Sunburst. 

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, DarkyBoode32 said:

Luster Dawn isn’t real. She doesn’t exist.

Well, duh. And here I was thinking unicorns were were only cartoons in the show because looking at a real one would burn our eyes out.

I like her design, and I think it's cute that they kept the name pattern of various stages of daytime. I really should read some more fanfics involving her to see what others might do with her, since she has so little development!

What do I think about her?  Well, I kept mistaking her name for Lusty Dawn, so there's that.  :ButtercupLaugh:  And, other than that, I imagine that she'll probably make a group of super friends in Ponyville and become the ruler of Equestria in approximately 9 seasons or so.  :laugh:

On 3/8/2020 at 4:24 AM, Latecomer said:

Well, duh. And here I was thinking unicorns were were only cartoons in the show because looking at a real one would burn our eyes out.

The Last Problem is a fake episode, everything that happens in it isn’t canon or real.

5 hours ago, DarkyBoode32 said:

The Last Problem is a fake episode, everything that happens in it isn’t canon or real.

Fake as in nothing in it is real? Well, duh. Fake as in it wasn't made bi the showmakers? Nope, it's their's all right. Which automavicallu makes it canon unless declared otherwise, albiet easily ignorable.

• 1 month later...

I think she was REALLY boring. I wouldn't want to follow her adventures for 9 more years. She was not a unique design. She didn't stand out as being the next Twilight. I thought she was cooked up for the last episode, and not well thought through. She had her purpose to make us accept Twilight as being a forever living tall horse (which I think some of us still have troubles accepting).

So why wasn't she more interesting? Well, because we shouldn't bother getting to know her at the end of the series. She is just there to fill in a gap in the story.

• 3 weeks later...

I think that Luster Dawn could definitely be Starlight and Sunburst's daughter due to her colour scheme, but her character rises up a few questions. 

.Who exactly is Luster Dawn and what happened to Starlight being Twilight's student? Twilight couldn't have been that twisted as to replace a potential Princess of Magic, would she? But it seems like Hasbro made the choice to just to roll in somepony to replace Starlight Glimmer. 

I mean, I love the show and Twilight, but does anypony think that this was a little much on the behalf of The Princess of "Friendship"? 

- Princess Cheese Dorito 

20 hours ago, Princess Cheese Dorito said:

Who exactly is Luster Dawn and what happened to Starlight being Twilight's student? Twilight couldn't have been that twisted as to replace a potential Princess of Magic, would she?

Twilight didn’t replace Starlight. After Season 7, she wasn’t a pupil anymore and was promoted to Guidance Counselor because she could get into people’s psyches better than anyone. By the time Twilight brought Luster to the Throne Room, Starlight had been Headmare for about twenty years.

• Brohoof 1