Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is your favorite video game, card game, etc.?

MarkusTactician

It doesn't need to be a video game, it can be a board game or something.

My favorite video game would be Fire Emblem Awakening because it's actually fun grinding in that game and I like the gameplay.

My favorite board game would be Battleship because it can get pretty intense.

• Brohoof 1

Connect four and Uno are my favorites because I'm really good and it's ultra competitive. I win most group matches, and the one's I don't get first, I almost always get second, and the one on ones I win almost every time.

Image result for anime draw 4"

• Brohoof 1

@MarkusTactician

Moving to Media Discussion, as that is where video games, board games, etc. are discussed. I have also altered this thread’s title to give it more proper context.

• Brohoof 1

Oh too many. I’ve spent a stupid crazy portion of my life playing the Pokémon games. I know I’ve got hundreds of hours in Breath of the Wild.

My current gaming obsession is the Spyro Reignited Trilogy, which is tapping into a very deep seeded desire to play those games again (I had started hunting down old copies before the revamp was announced), but now they’re even more pretty and amazing.

I’ve also spent a lot of time in the classic Harvest Moon games. Oh and Animal Crossing! Hours and HOURS of Animal Crossing!

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 1

My favorite video game would have to be Kingdom Hearts 2. I love the combat and different bosses you face in the game. Since the DLC for Kingdom Hearts 3 is coming out soon. I've been getting into the desire of playing the Kingdom Hearts series again.

My favorite card game would have to be Cardfight Vanguard. I love the different clans and units you get to play as, while each deck has a unique style to play as and against. I also love Cards Against Humanity as some answers can be pretty hilarious, in my opinion. 

• Brohoof 1

Video game wise, picking one wouldn't do them justice. But if I absolutely had to, Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story would be my choice. Though I really like a lot of other games to that degree like Borderlands 2, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2, Kirby Super Star Ultra...

Card game wise, Cards Against Humanity without a doubt.

Board game wise, Monopoly, not only because I've only lost once playing it (no joke), but I think because the strategy involved in playing it is way underappreciated.

Edited by Ayyngel Dust
  • Brohoof 2

I don't really play games of any description any more. Sometimes I'll play a few hours of videogames on the weekend if I'm very bored, but even that's not a common occurrence anymore. I remember I used to like the Elder Scrolls series, the Witcher and Assassin's Creed though.

As for card games, I guess Cards Against Humanity wins since I can't remember the last time I played any others - and for board games, Monopoly for the exact same reason, although I remember I used to get extremely competitive at Monopoly when I was younger lol.

• Brohoof 3

1 hour ago, PiratePony said:

Earthbound on the SNES for video games.

Monopoly for board games, especially with a lot of house rules, wealing and dealing, etc. 

You said you got Earthbound when it was new back in 1994.

You can say you liked Earthbound before it was cool. 

Edited by VG_Addict
  • Brohoof 2

7 minutes ago, VG_Addict said:

You said you got Earthbound when it was new back in 1994.

You can say you liked Earthbound before it was cool. 

That is definitely true. I thought I was the only one who ever played it before Starmen.net came along. And even that was Earthbound.com when I came across it.

I don’t play video games if I can reasonably avoid them, and haven’t played for years. But back in the day I preferred the Mario Party games for their variety. I’d much rather play board games, or better yet, D&D, which I enjoyed for many of my teen years and still remember with great fondness. 

• Brohoof 2

Favorite video game is probably Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock, but I think Civilization V comes close.

Favorite tabletop game is probably  Imperial Assault or Citadels. Also really enjoy monopoly, but merp. 

• Brohoof 1

As dumb and sappy as this may sound, my favorite Video Game ever is Journey for the PS3 / PS4.

...Okay, maybe not my "favorite", as I'm not really one to pick favorites for most things and/or have too many to choose between, but it's certainly the one Video Game that I come back to every so often, and get just as emotional over it as I did the first few runs I've played.

That's kinda how my "Top 10 Favorite Video Games Ever" goes, the higher tier / numbered ones are games that have either gotten me pretty darn emotional over them, or are permanently attached to my soul, as they've either helped me through hard times or I've grown up playing them.

Whats the most FUN game I've ever played though? Simple:

EDF! EDF! E! D! F! (on PS4)

• Brohoof 1

• 4 months later...

I guess Terraria would be my favorite game, since I have more hours in that than anything else, and I do still play it sometimes. Right now though, I think it's Forza Horizon 4. I've been playing a lot of that.

My favorite card game is either Magic the Gathering, Cards Against Humanity, or Unstable Unicorns. I like MTG, but I'm not the best at it and I'm also super competitive, so I tend to not like playing against people. Unstable Unicorns and CAH are a lot more fun for everyone to play, but they can't really be played alone, so I rarely get to play them.

I don't play a lot of board games, but oddly enough I actually somewhat enjoy monopoly. It's kind of like MTG in that I stop having fun when I realize I'm losing, though.

• Brohoof 1