Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is your favorite video game, card game, etc.?

MarkusTactician

I've played yugioh most of my life, in the card game realm. Right now I'm addicted to playing dragon ball fighterz. It's really a problem someone help

• Brohoof 1

My favorite video game is a tie between Geometry Dash and Smash Ultimate. They have great differences, and when makes both games special are the things that I cherish the most about them. Geometry Dash demands that you meet multiple stages of competence for every hard level you commit to, and it's all hard work throughout. Smash is a slow, repetitive grind that you improve in a way that is measurable mainly by long-term tournament results. You don't usually feel yourself improve in Smash as far as I can tell. My efforts could be making me improve right now and I don't even know it. The sheer amount of interactions, matchups, and ways to play the game make Smash Ultimate a truly beautiful experience.

As for my favorite non-video game, gotta go with chess. The game's complicated and I'm not too great at it, but it's a great way to get you to use your head and think about your options. I get frustrated at the game because of how many stalemate situations I keep getting myself into, and frustration with my current knowledge is a wonderful thing because of the vast amount of things that I don't know. I can't doubt that there's deep beauty in chess that I can't even see as a low-level player. As a competitive Smash player, being bad at something competitive is a different perspective that I like to experience at times.

• 2 weeks later...

It is hard for me to not put Tetris and Chess into the slots of best games (video game and board game).

I do like platformers more, but the structure of Tetris and Chess are so endless and perfect.

1 hour ago, CoaldustPony said:

Doom (original)

Yay :yay:

Especially the original DOS version with a CRT monitor! :squee:

Undertale

Yay :yay: again. A modern video game classic!

2 minutes ago, Super Splashee said:

Yay :yay:

Especially the original DOS version with a CRT monitor! :squee:

Yay :yay: again. A modern video game classic!

Yep! DOS Doom with a CRT was my first ever computer game

I have a top 4 but cannot decide which is top, so they all jockey for first place.

Command & Conquer (original)

Doom (original)

Final Fantasy VII

Undertale

Heck, I forgot my 5th in the top list

Ecco the Dolphin - The Tides of Time

• Brohoof 1

My absolute favourite game is Super Mario Galaxy, but at the moment I'm playing a lot of Mario Tennis Aces and Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3! It's nice to relax with a little round of wild tennis:ButtercupLaugh:

there are too many video games i love, but if i had to narrow it down to just one, then Baldur's Gate 2
fav card game is Magic the Gathering
and favorite board game is DnD

• 3 months later...

I guess I can only say my favorite card game is Yu Gi Oh. I even help fund a team for competitions (though this year all tournaments were held back due covid).

Regarding video games... I really can't pick one. I would have to pick by franchise (since by genre I'd still have ties, like Resident Evil 3 <original> and Silent Hill 4 tied for best survival horror).

As for board games, I can't pick one because I'm a big nerd who loves many different games.

• Brohoof 1

• 5 months later...

I’ve already said the video game before.

Board games would be either Life or Clue.

My favorite card game is Magic the Gathering. I do collect Pokémon cards and yugioh cards as well.

• Brohoof 1

Favorite video games are probably Undertale, Night in the Woods and Overwatch.

I don't really play much card or board games nowadays, but Cards Against Humanity is pretty fun (and hilarious) with my brother, and growing up I really liked "Sorry!" for some reason. I think the troll in me just liked kicking people back to start when I got the chance :P