Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What was the first video game you ever played?

Fritzy

I figured I’d make a topic for this too. Even if my answer is incredibly embarrassing. It was Barney hide and seek for the Sega Genesis. I remember like years and years ago my oldest brother showed it to me again as a little joke, not in a mean way but in a playful teasing way. And I did play it for a bit. But what about you? What was the first video game you ever played. Was it something embarrassing like mine or something actually good. Seriously I’m still kind of ashamed to admit that it was my first because my GOD was that game terrible. 

• Brohoof 4

Either Sonic The Hedgehog 2 or Mortal Kombat II when I was about 4

I only remember playing Sonic 2 a few times though while I played Mortal Kombat regularly, so it was probably Mortal Kombat

• Brohoof 5

I guess we're talking more console games because I was playing Humongous Entertainment games like Pajama Sam, Freddie Fish, and any licensed Blue's Clues game by them when I was about three or four on the computer. But for console that would be The Spongebob SquarePants Movie video game and I still love coming back to it and 100% it ever once in a while; takes about 8-9 hours at my skill level.

• Brohoof 5

I honestly don't remember what my first video game was. I know that it was some sort of educational game on PC, but I can't really remember the name of it. It was such a long time ago, so I doubt I even still have it.

Edited by Cash In
  • Brohoof 3

2 minutes ago, KH7672 said:

I guess we're talking more console games because I was playing Humongous Entertainment games like Pajama Sam, Freddie Fish, and any licensed Blue's Clues game by them when I was about three or four on the computer. But for console that would be The Spongebob SquarePants Movie video game and I still love coming back to it and 100% it ever once in a while; takes about 8-9 hours at my skill level.

Computer games count here too. I meant like first video game in general. Regardless if it’s console or pc. 

• Brohoof 3

2 hours ago, Kiryu-Chan said:

Either Sonic The Hedgehog 2 or Mortal Kombat II when I was about 4

Sonic 2 may have been my first – it was probably either that or Super Mario Bros., both on my sister's old consoles. :adorkable:

Unless any game counts – I think I played some random educational PC game, as well as a couple of very simple online games (one of them was called Bouldermania) before that.

• Brohoof 7

My first game would have been on the old Acornsoft computer from the early 1980s. Unfortunately, I don't remember the exact one as it was well over thirty years ago

• Brohoof 5

I believe it was Pokemon Red. Though it may have been Super Smash Bros. on the N64, I don't know. We were a few years behind the curb, though as Melee was already out and gen 3 Pokemon was on its way at that time. I was 5 or 6 at the time. 

Edited by Ayyngel Dust
  • Brohoof 5

I think the first video game I ever played was Baseball for the Gameboy Color. It was either that, or I think it was Super Mario Brothers for the NES. My mom once told me that I used to play video games when I was younger, while being in the hospital. The doctor's would see me in the game room playing one of the video games. They told my mom that must have been the game playing on auto pilot, but she then told them that it was me actually playing the game. Apparently it shocked them as I was pretty decent at the game for being two to three years old at the time.

• Brohoof 5

First game I ever played was Crash Bandicoot for the PS1. Because we didn't have a memory card, I could never save my progress, but I eventually got so good at it that when we eventually got one, I ended up completing it 100%. B)

• Brohoof 5

I have memories of the vidja games when they still came on cassette tapes. Asteroids, was it? Apart from that, Moon Buggy or Karateka on the earliest Macs is probably the most firm in my memory. (Yes, I'm dating myself here, but hell, I'll own up to being Old Skool.)

• Brohoof 5

Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt for the Nintendo Entertainment System. I got it Christmas Day 1989, so this will be 30 years of playing Vidya games for me. 

• Brohoof 6

I'm not entirely sure what the first game I played was since I played them a long time ago when I was very young, but the first games I played were probably those retro games such as Packman and Dig-Dug.

• Brohoof 4

• 2 weeks later...

It was Super Mario Bros. 2 for me. I played a lot of NES games, but this was the first one I put my hands on. The second game was The Legend of Zelda and it was such a mind-blowing experience as a 3 year old child! I collected bombs and used them on all kinds of walls, in hope to find a secret cave, haha. I think I was born at the perfect time to become a Nintendo fan, because when The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time came out, I was barely able to read on my own. One or two other games before that, I needed my mother to read the text for me. :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 4