fare67t

Critique Wanted Looking for opinions on my latest drawing

Recommended Posts

Anyone care to give a little critique and/or advice on this?

My style of doing things is to eyeball some references, drawing the picture out as a little sketch with a pencil IRL, then scan the drawing and digitialize it via SAI, filling in the colors and details afterwards.

In my opinion, this is the most detailed / probably best looking drawing I have done for MLP things, so excuse any slight pride over it

NightmareRarityCropped.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is certainly is a work to be proud of, very nice, my biggest critique would be in regards to the tail, the mane is quite large and full and the tail seemingly much too small, especially in comparison.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty good so far. I would just point out an issue with the legs.

Notice how the legs that are closest too the viewer are touching the ground? They're making contact at two different heights, making it look like her legs are uneven. I show it here with red lines:

Spoiler

Aaa.png.a1303692c736b131221be2b5a979ec98.png

And while I can't show it very easily with visuals, I can definitely tell that the leg she has lifted up is much longer than the other three.

Keep it up!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Snow said:

my biggest critique would be in regards to the tail, the mane is quite large and full and the tail seemingly much too small, especially in comparison.

Like I said, I eyeball some references, in this scenario it was a drawing / render of Nightmare Rarity from the IDW comics. So if the tail is too small, blame that OG picture kinda x3

 

8 hours ago, ShadOBabe said:

Pretty good so far. I would just point out an issue with the legs.

Notice how the legs that are closest too the viewer are touching the ground? They're making contact at two different heights, making it look like her legs are uneven. I show it here with red lines:

  Reveal hidden contents

Aaa.png.a1303692c736b131221be2b5a979ec98.png

And while I can't show it very easily with visuals, I can definitely tell that the leg she has lifted up is much longer than the other three.

Keep it up!

I've technically only had like...3 weeks or so of practice for my art skills, so ofc some things are going to be off / weird. But thanks ^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, fare67t said:

I've technically only had like...3 weeks or so of practice for my art skills, so ofc some things are going to be off / weird. But thanks ^^

Ah I see. But still, telling you it’s perfect isn’t going to help you get better. You’ve got a good starting point, but keep on pushing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ShadOBabe said:

Ah I see. But still, telling you it’s perfect isn’t going to help you get better. You’ve got a good starting point, but keep on pushing.

Oh I know, I appreciate the feedback, honestly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.