Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What would your hidden superpower be?

Coffee

Telepathy since I like working with the minds and able to control things without moving a muscle....in other words, I'm lazy.

If Immortality was a superpower, it would be mine. In the long run, I might regret it but having no current time limits would remove a bit of stress and give me a chance to explore a bunch of different aspects of life and anything career wise.

While flying would be a big one on the list, I'd probably get more out of super strength for opening pickle jars without a pair of pliers, or the ability to stretch high enough to reach things on  overhead shelves so I don't have to always stand on boxes and wobbly chairs.

• Brohoof 1

I think being able to travel through time would be the coolest power. The Butterfly Effect means you could completely change the world with a single change in the past. Only problem is that you could cause your birth to never have happened

3 hours ago, Doctor Derpy said:

If Immortality was a superpower, it would be mine. In the long run, I might regret it but having no current time limits would remove a bit of stress and give me a chance to explore a bunch of different aspects of life and anything career wise.

I've always thought immortality would cause massive stress. You have to think about your financial situation forever. Getting hit by a car, being shot, even getting attacked by a shark become a certainty on a long enough time scale. And what about your body? Your teeth would definitely rot and fall out within a hundred years. What happens when you lose a limb or get blinded or paralyzed?

I would actually like to have the power my changeling's ponisona has as special talent, Void powers but to their full capacity. The ability to use the empty pockets of space to create portals and teleport, create black holes and vacuum spaces (non scientifically accurate ones because I don't want to destroy everything), have like a place in the void where I can just disappear to and have peace and quiet where time doesn't matter... and also use it as dimensional stash. :umad:

Edited by Ittoni

Reading thoughts. Practically it is very easy to hide however I would want an off switch, though my mind could just ignore it like it does with most sounds and vision. The issue I have with common mind reading is that it just looks at the internal monologue of a person which in general is a what the person is thinking. But there are multiple subconscious thoughts that have a major effect on what someone will do.

If I could see/feel/experience the shape of someone's mind I know what they are thinking but also how to manipulate what they will do without directly interacting with the thoughts but rather doing things that I know will cause them to change their actions.

The thing is that this could be possible, as it is possible to analysis brain function in many different ways you just have to learn to understand them. So it is my hidden super power because it's useful, secret and possible in the future 

• Brohoof 1

I would be very happy to be granted either the power of invisibility, or even super speed. I could only imagine what sort of shenanigans I'd be able to get up to. :sneer:

Edited by Cash_In

I've seen enough Because Science episodes to not want any of the "standard" superpowers. I'd like to have superluck or the ability to win any bet (like Timm Thaler) - simple as that.

The power to adjust air pressure, I could cause things that are hollow or malleable to explode or implode. I could increase the pressure underneath a car and send cars flying or burst pipes, shatter windows along buildings, ect. Or I could do something as simple as increasing the pressure ever so slightly around a person that they just generally feel uncomfortable. I'm aware these aren't positive uses of a power, I have a mind for weaponizing things. :twismile: 

• 2 years later...