Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What exactly would Celestia and Luna do in retirement?

Azureth

HAHA! Boring? Retirement just means you’re not in the workforce anymore. And they have the ENTIRE WORLD available to them. After they get some plain old relaxation under their belts, I’m sure they’ll be getting up to all kinds of activities and trips, both together and individually.

• Brohoof 3

20 minutes ago, Justin_Case001 said:

I think we all know what they're up to:

Celestia: "Oh look, Metapod."

Luna: "Metabots!"

Celestia: "No MetaPODS."

Celestia: "Just shut your mouth and enjoy like the best game ever made."

Celestia: "Talk to him with your gun!"

Celestia: "Now go to the window... And press A."

Luna: "Well that's probably gonna kill me so I'm not-"

Celestia: "JUSTPRESSAISWEARTOGODITWON'TKILLYOU!"

*Luna flies out window*

Celestia: "KaBLAM!!"

Celestia: Heeheehee... you didn't shoot the fishy! X3

Edited by ShadOBabe

3 hours ago, Justin_Case001 said:

I think we all know what they're up to:

LOLOLOL OMG.....

They got it backwards though, I think we all know that Luna is the gamer, so Celestia would be the one who is all confused. Luna'd be like, "Yeah, I've done this before, M.C. Escher had nightmares like this a few hundred times. I tried to get him to stop drinking but no no, he wouldn't listen, and I kept having to find him in his own fricking 4D mazes"

I think staying at one place will bore them very quickly. I guess they will travel a lot, at least Celestia, while Luna can just catch up on all the TV shows pop culture things ponies are into that she missed.

2181552.png

Well, what'd they do in "Between Dark and Dawn"? Luna wants to relax and enjoy the simple things in life, Celestia wants to explore and go on crazy adventures and do all sorts of exciting things, and apparently they both want to do the stuff Twilight and pals do, get in on the action and save the day. So I imagine that's what they'll do, they'll spend time together as sisters and some time apart to pursue their unique interests, and maybe they'll actually get to save the day or stop villains themselves now that they aren't Princesses who need to be taken out for plot reasons.

Can we get a spin-off series of them please? I'd kill for just a season or two of Royal Sister adventures. :sunbutt::orly:

5 minutes ago, BastementSparkle said:

Well, what'd they do in "Between Dark and Dawn"? Luna wants to relax and enjoy the simple things in life, Celestia wants to explore and go on crazy adventures and do all sorts of exciting things, and apparently they both want to do the stuff Twilight and pals do, get in on the action and save the day. So I imagine that's what they'll do, they'll spend time together as sisters and some time apart to pursue their unique interests, and maybe they'll actually get to save the day or stop villains themselves now that they aren't Princesses who need to be taken out for plot reasons.

Can we get a spin-off series of them please? I'd kill for just a season or two of Royal Sister adventures. :sunbutt::orly:

Its pretty interesting about the bit with saving the day.
Pretty much they probably feel excited too on how in the season 9 premiere they actually got to help(during a crisis involving an actual actual villain) without getting subdued/captured, losing their magic or basically sidelined in a way.  Not sure if that happened before in the show with none of the 3 mentioned problems happening. 
Too bad in the finale it took a step back on what the premiere did and had those 3 things happened to the sisters(Yes, I know they sort of got to help in a way but those 3 things happened.)

39 minutes ago, nightshroud96 said:

Its pretty interesting about the bit with saving the day.
Pretty much they probably feel excited too on how in the season 9 premiere they actually got to help(during a crisis involving an actual actual villain) without getting subdued/captured, losing their magic or basically sidelined in a way.  Not sure if that happened before in the show with none of the 3 mentioned problems happening. 
Too bad in the finale it took a step back on what the premiere did and had those 3 things happened to the sisters(Yes, I know they sort of got to help in a way but those 3 things happened.)

They also got to help in the Season 6 premiere beating back some clouds. So apparently all Celestia and Luna are good for in the modern day during Crisis is holding back out of control nature. It's kind of weird because in all the flashbacks to the past they're beating villains even without the Elements, like Sombra and Tirek and yet in modern day they just can't do anything 90% of the time.

• Brohoof 1

On 11/8/2019 at 12:12 PM, BastementSparkle said:

Can we get a spin-off series of them please? I'd kill for just a season or two of Royal Sister adventures.

OMG my life would be complete. :yeahno:

• Brohoof 2

I always stand by my belief that Celestia and Luna would denigrate when they give up immortality. Like they just become smoke or dust and are never seen again. I always translate their "retirement" as "giving up their lives". They have lived for too long anyways, and without purpose, or the work to stay alive, they have nothing else to do but leave Equestria and poof into dust. Episode 26 doesn't show them alive, so in my own canon, poof!!!

• Brohoof 1

Knit. Shuffleboard. Eat pudding. Y'know, retired old people stuffs. (before you say anything, Celestia and Luna are thousands of years old. So, calling them old is fact)

2 hours ago, Splashee said:

I always stand by my belief that Celestia and Luna would denigrate when they give up immortality. Like they just become smoke or dust and are never seen again. I always translate their "retirement" as "giving up their lives". They have lived for too long anyways, and without purpose, or the work to stay alive, they have nothing else to do but leave Equestria and poof into dust. Episode 26 doesn't show them alive, so in my own canon, poof!!!

I mean, you do you bro. But as for me, most definitely not.

They sacrificed huge portions of their lives to helping others. Time they got to live for themselves.

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 2