Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Ever used an alter ego to get in or out of a situation?

Muffinnz

Ever used an alter ego to get out of or in to a situation? I mean this in a bit of serious sense, not rp or anything.

To make it clear an example would be trying to avoid a date or something

as for me, no

Edited by Muffinnz
  • Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Cagey said:

Can you elaborate? I’m not sure what you mean. 

Pretend to be someone else to accomplish a task or to obtain something you wouldn't be able to do if you were yourself

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Muffinnz said:

Pretend to be someone else to accomplish a task or to obtain something you wouldn't be able to do if you were yourself

Over the internet, or in person? Forging a signature, for example? I don’t think I’ve ever done something like that, unless pretending I’m a lot cooler than I am counts. 

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, Cagey said:

Over the internet, or in person? Forging a signature, for example? I don’t think I’ve ever done something like that, unless pretending I’m a lot cooler than I am counts. 

Anything that's legal

• Brohoof 1

• The title was changed to Ever used an alter ego to get in or out of a situation?

Not in the sense that you are explaining it @Muffinnz. It would be too "evil" in my opinion. A little joke to pretend being someone else is cool, but not when it starts getting serious.

On the internet, being someone else than IRL is a privilege, and can help a lot for IRL social training. I just don't see a reason to be yet another person on top of that, UNLESS something has gone terrible bad.

• Brohoof 1

I've been in situations where I've had to sign for my mother when she wasn't around I suppose? Like she'd send me into the grocery store with her card, or something would be delivered to our door. It's saved a lot of hassle before with things that the deliver wouldn't have been able to just hand over otherwise. I have a collection of coins and banknotes that I've mostly bought offline and the post office mistakenly thought the information on an envelope wasn't correct and since I wasn't home to confirm I then had to go to them which was difficult since I don't drive. Anyways, long tangent short, I've been called by mother's name several times since that's what they've seen me writing down.

yes 

when: basic training about 5 years ago now

reason: washing out (general discharge) 

once I hit the discharge process I tried to relax in my normal state but the environment seems to make that harder, so a personality I developed "red" 

red was the guy trying to make everything a joke, even with bad jokes and it turned into "everyone little brother" situation which did save me from some things.

The name itself was actually given by the DS's and fellow trainees I was with. 

Looking back i think "red" was more me trying to keep everyone calm or become the main voice in the herd so to speak. 

The first year after basic i tried to reconnect with my buddies online but never got the nerve to actually reach out and say "yo what's up" because probably do to the moment I opened my mouth they would recognize me. Yet then I would turn around and say "that's not who I actualy am" in the same convo   

this isn't me bashing basic as it did its job to me, but some others got broken a bit too much from it. 

I still say i'm glad i tried out for the army because the process taught me a lot about people and life and this shouldnt diswade anyone reading this for trying out for the military. 

That being said im no vet, i'm still a civilian and dont deserve the title as GI  

I gusse my point is taking on a persona to help out of a ruff spot can be more by accident then by choice for most when that happens. 

For a while, I did have an alter ego.  Though this one was more of who I am today, it was an online persona I had.  It was nice because more people assumed that one was a man than my personal account, which was nice for "Pre-finding out who I am" me.  Most people assumed that alter ego was my boyfriend or something lol...