FestiveEnergy

General Media How Close do You Sit to a TV Screen?

If I'm watching TV or a movie, I find myself sitting midrange from the screen, not too close or too far. If I'm playing video games though, I tend to sit close to the screen and lean in closer when things get intense and I enter my gamer lean stance.

Like three or four feet away? It's a big TV though.

2 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

Like three or four feet away? It's a big TV though.

yeah, same
wish my living room TV was a lot smaller, it's too big for my living room, who fucking thought of 55" TVs, 32" is big enough for a living room

My TV is 150cm (60") diagonal and my head is 2.4-2.9m away from it (depending on how I sit). It seems to be OK (not too far) according to various distance charts for 1080p. If my TV was 4K (and I wanted to watch 4K stuff), I would have to sit closer.

40 minutes ago, Sherbert MGS said:

yeah, same
wish my living room TV was a lot smaller, it's too big for my living room, who fucking thought of 55" TVs, 32" is big enough for a living room

To be fair, my 50" TV makes a great computer monitor.

Though my brother has an even bigger TV/ Gaming monitor.

Just now, Denim&Venom said:

To be fair, my 50" TV makes a great computer monitor.

Though my brother has an even bigger TV/ Gaming monitor.

I would prefer 22" at the most for a monitor myself

I admittedly sit fairly close to my TV when I'm playing games. I know how it's not good for the eyes, but I have a small room and a tall bed. 

21 minutes ago, Sherbert MGS said:

I would prefer 22" at the most for a monitor myself

To each their own I suppose. I find bigger to be a more visually fulfilling experience. if I could, I'd have a movie theater screen. 

Depends where the best seat in the house is. At one of my step grandmother's house I'd sit 3 to 4 feet away. It was on the floor and I'd be sitting in either my little red armchair or a big ol bean bag. The TV in our house is on a mantle so most of the time I'm more like 10 feet away, partly due to our furniture being pushed way back. At my girlfriend's place it's probably about 7 feet away, and the one at her parents place I sit 10 feet away from on furniture, and 4 to 6 on the floor, depending where I have my feet.

Laptop's usually 2 feet away, phone 1 to 1.5, and I like to sit perfectly in the center at most movie theatres.

When I had a console or play over at a friends house I'm usually leaning in but I'll sit real close or even stand for shooters.

I dunno. Not too close and too far I guess? 

Pretty far away. I have a TV in my bedroom so I can kinda just lie down and watch it... Unless I'm gaming, particularly on older systems with wired controllers, then I am required to sit closer to the TV.

I usually sit about 3 to 4 metres from the TV. It sounds far, but I can see everywhere perfectly. On the other hand, I do have a couple of old consoles hooked up to the TV in my room, so I have to sit close to it when I want to play, as they do have cords attached to the controller.