Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

food What is a Food That You Love That You Haven't Eaten in a Long Time?

EpicEnergy

love the bread pudding my mom makes but she hasn’t made it in a long while. I will have to ask her to make it again :pinkie:

My mom's chili. But I can't ever really have that any more because she died 10 and a half years ago now, and she didn't use a recipe (though I know part of the secret of how it was so good is a sauce she had to get online because it was so hard to find, no joke). Still got my dad's stuff from time to time and some of it is really good. In his case, he does use recipes and has a lot of them lying around.

Now that I think about it, it kind of makes me feel a wee bit bad that I never tried my hand at actually cooking anything.The most I can do capably is a grilled cheese sandwich.

Edited by Ayyngel Dust

My mom's fry bread...  She was always adding different stuff to it and it tastes a lot different from the recipe that I use today, my favourite is when she added garlic to her fry bread.

Lol, I also noticed that a lot of other people miss their mom's cooking too.

There’s a lot of stuff, and I can’t remember it all on command. Homemade waffles, for example. Or my grandmother’s spaghetti. Or noodles from the one time I ordered Chinese takeout. Or those red ice pops I haven’t eaten since elementary school. 

• Brohoof 1

I grew up and loved Boston‘s Mac n cheese. But I don’t go there anymore since it’s a bit pricey for a small bowl.

• 5 months later...