Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Anyone Else Like Dubstep?

EpicEnergy

I really like dubstep, trap, and chillstep. Although chillstep is favorite out of the the three. 

Here is a favorite chillstep song of mine:

• Brohoof 1

I didn't used to have any interest in it (or any knowledge of it), but I've developed a soft spot for dubstep over the last few years due to it being regularly used in fan-made pony songs. Another way in which MLP has had a positive impact on my life.

Edited by Solar Power

I'm not that big a fan of dubstep, autotune, and other similar electronic music genres.

I think it can be a great tool for making music with, but I wouldn't focus an entire song or something around it. And I wouldn't want it to get overplayed like a cheap gimmick. It's good in moderation! Imagine listening to bop or a banger, and you're really enjoying the song, then the instrumental solo kicks in and they drop the beat with a surprise dubstep solo or something. Now THAT'S a good example of how to use it well. Enhance a song that's all ready good, but don't rely on it to be good by itself. Sometimes it is, but not all the time.

• 5 months later...

do you play geometry dash? that's how i found lots of great dubstep and other electronic music. some of my favourite tunes are:

• mr-jazzman's remix of 'hell yes' by sakupen 
  • 'betrayal of fear' by goukisan
  • 'pyrolysis' by kaixo
  • 'at the speed of light' by dimrain47
  • 'blacklight' by nightkilla
  • 'sheol' by xtrullor & panda party
  • 'reanimate' by warak

teminite's pretty good too. 'monster' and 'lion's den' are very good

Edited by notRem

Dubstep is too modern for me. I cannot think of a newer music genre. It has a charm to it, but I wouldn't listen to it on a daily basis.

• 1 month later...

I'd have to say Dubstep is my least favorite genre of all time, which is a very dubious distinction, because there are plenty of genres I despise (mainly rap, hip-hop, pop, pretty much any computer generated music[aside from Techno, I do have a soft spot for that, mainly from the Mortal Kombat album.]).

I did until I blew my speakers. :nom:

This is getting me back to listen to it I always liked if they had like from cartoons or animes you know. Like this. 

Was really into it though I mean I have blown speakers couple of times now and I have some huge speakers in my room meant for studios. Literally shakes the entire house haha it is insane.

• Brohoof 1

I used to dislike dubstep a lot, but then I went through a phase where I loved it. It's not one of my favorite genres anymore, but I still think there are many very well produced dubstep songs. I found tons of them back when I was really into brony music. :kirin:

Never heard any I liked. I have never heard a single dubstep song that didn't devolve into unlistenable electronic sounds somewhere down the line. Needless to say, it's not for me.