Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Disney+ Launches Tomorrow!

YoshiAngemon

Well, with about less than 18 Hours remaining, as of this topic posting, DIsney+ will be launching at 6:00 AM, EST, with the Originals being added at 9:00 AM, also EST. The Walt Disney Company has dropped a 3-Hour Trailer of everything hitting the service Day 1.

Highlights include the bulk of the Disney Animation Features, Disney Afternoon Cartoons, ABC Saturday Morning shows (New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, The Emperor's New School, and more), Syndicated Classics like Hercules the Series, Marvel shows from as far back as the Late 70s and Early 80s, The Star Wars Collection, LEGO Star Wars, Nat Geo and Nat Geo WILD shows and specials, FOX Movies, 30 Seasons of The Simpsons, and stuff never seen in America like Legend of the Three Caballeros! It's even got Original Programming like Star Wars: The Mandalorian.

Whether you're interested or not, it's worth checking out, but know this: some of the stuff will be leaving, or has already left Netflix, but if you have Hulu, you can add Disney+ to your subscription, or use it as a standalone app, for as little as $7.99 a month or $69.99 a Year! Me? I can't wait to check stuff out, and I've already signed up for it. The only problem is deciding what to watch first.

• Brohoof 5

7 hours ago, YoshiAngemon said:

Quoted to get your attention

I want to thank you for getting my attention to it all those months ago. I'm ready to view it after my interview tomorrow

• Brohoof 1

43 minutes ago, TheAnimationFanatic said:

I'm watching the X-Men cartoon all day!

That's going to be on it?? From the 90s???

Well I just found a reason to have my calls held.

• Brohoof 1

36 minutes ago, PiratePony said:

That's going to be on it?? From the 90s???

Well I just found a reason to have my calls held.

Are you gonna binge it tomorrow?

Disney+ will also have Ducktales. 

Edited by VG_Addict
  • Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, PiratePony said:

Good morning! Anyone watching yet,?

Yup. Just downloaded the app on my phone. Gave a quick skim of a Star Wars a New Hope to see which version of the George Lucas Altered Version Disney uses. As well as seeing as smooth it would run via my phone. I'm impressed

(It seems to be based on the 2011 Blu-Ray version which I owned since December 2012. Personally, when it comes to the original trilogy, I'm used to how they looked in the 2004 DVD set and in the Prequels Trilogy, I'm used to how they look on their individual DVD release from 1999, 2002, and 2005. The controversial changes don't really bother as I still get to see all the action and characters interacting with each other)

I also quickly checked out the tv shows I wanted to see/missed out on Television like Andi Mack and Tangled the Series and yes, unlike the Disney Now app which only showed the lastest without the earlier seasons, all the seasons appear to be there waiting for me to view

In conclusion, First impression of the Streaming Service is most excellent. Later I shall test the Service on the family Roku Box in the Living Room. 

I should get back to sleep. But for now, great launch. And when I make time, I shall return with a quick review of what I've seen

Have fun everyone.

• Brohoof 2

Also, I took a quick at a short cartoon made in the early 1930s and was glad to see that in the detail description a message to remind viewers that back then it was commonplace for cartoons (wheter Disney or Looney Tunes from Warner Brothers) to contain stereotypes or jokes that may not be acceptable in today's PC world. Such as a gag that ended in blackface.

Here's the description as a sample

Spoiler

Screenshot_20191112-040742.thumb.png.ccc3c1ca32e86abf84b4b358de1469f7.png

That last line "it may contain outdated cultural depictions" is quick and to the point.

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Will Guide said:

Also, I took a quick at a short cartoon made in the early 1930s and was glad to see that in the detail description a message to remind viewers that back then it was commonplace for cartoons (wheter Disney or Looney Tunes from Warner Brothers) to contain stereotypes or jokes that may not be acceptable in today's PC world. Such as a gag that ended in blackface.

Here's the description as a sample

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_20191112-040742.thumb.png.ccc3c1ca32e86abf84b4b358de1469f7.png

That last line "it may contain outdated cultural depictions" is quick and to the point.

I like this. I like that they're acknowledging some of their questionable portrayals of certain groups in the past instead of hiding them and pretending that it didn't happen. 

2 minutes ago, TheAnimationFanatic said:

I like this. I like that they're acknowledging some of their questionable portrayals of certain groups in the past instead of hiding them and pretending that it didn't happen. 

Speaking of which, the Crows in the original animated Dumbo in 1941 are these days seen as racist for being stereotypical protrayals of black people. But I did look into it, and truth be told, it seems the "controversy" is overblown

The Crows have their positive side as they were glad to take a fellow outcast like Dumbo under their wing and help him to get back at his oppressors. With the exception of Cliff Edwards, the voice actors were also black singers, the Hall Johnson Choir. All of them did a fantastic job on their song. When asked about it, Floyd Norman, one of Disney's first Black animators, defended the characters as saying that they were never conceived as flat racist stereotypes so much as a spoof on popular Black entertainers from the era, and that he personally never saw them as offensive (TV Tropes).

Plus they were laughing more at the idea of seeing an elephant fly not at Dumbo himself like the rest of Dumbo's hecklers.

So when looking at the older stuff, be sure to keep an open mind that there will be things that were fair for its day but would raise eyebrows if these were made today

• Brohoof 2

I got a 3 year deal for having the Disney credit card, which was cool. Unfortunately I’m in Spain, and Disney Plus is not. I can’t watch it until I get home at the end of the month. T_T

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Zero said:

got it, the price point was too appealing for me to resist 

i actually dont have much experience with disney movies so this will be a fun marathon :D

H-How can you not have much experience with Disney movies? Practically every kid grows up with Disney!

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, Ayyngel Dust said:

Sounds like another cash grab, like all of these newer streaming services, to further cuck users of Netflix and Hulu.

Honestly, I think I may be the only one to point this out.

My thoughts exactly. 
I’ll just find other means of watching anything there.