Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Feel like you missed out on a lot of the fandom?

Azure Acrylic

I feel like I still do not know much about other bronies in the fandom, because I feel like I missed out on a huge part of the fandom, first, not getting to known MLP conventions like BronyCon, Galacon, BABSCon, Everfree Northwest, Crystal Mountain Pony Con, and Ponyville Ciderfest. Two of these cons have already closed down, BronyCon being a hard hit for me as going there was one of my dreams.(although that dream will remain a dream not come true) The other thing is that I have not been to much MLP fan meetups. (save for Project SEAPonyCon) Because of this, I haven’t really talked with many bronies in person. The third thing is, I can’t really accept commissions. Most of the commissions on DA and the rest of the fandom usually cost from $50 USD to $2000 USD, something which I can’t afford, since my place’s currency is slightly lower than the USD. Because of these problems, I feel like I’m still alone in the MLP world, and that texting online here is the only sort of communication I have with the outside world in the USA. Which makes me kinda feel alone at times. What about you people? Have any of you gone through this before? Let me know, because, I never really talked to any known people in the fandom, besides Tridashie and Yudhaikeledai. (I met them in SEAPonyCon, they were awesome guys, actually thought they were American xD)

• Brohoof 1

Not even kidding bruh, I made a post about EXACTLY this yesterday.

Due to taking a Hiatus from the fandom from around 2014 to June / July 2019, and how I never really cared all that much for a lot of fan projects besides like...Fluffle Puff up until now, I've missed out on like 75% of the fandom.

Never got to see episodes live with friends, never saw any of the movies in theaters, only went to 2 conventions (both took place this year), the list goes on.

• Brohoof 3

I mean there is still time. The conventions are still going to be here for a long time, and new ones will appear. Same thing with the meetups, they're still going to be there. 

I will say, because of the fact that I got into the fandom in late 2015. of course I felt like I missed out on things. I would have been nice to have gone to Bronycon in 2018, I did go in 2019, but I would've actually felt more connected to the con that way. 

Also creating mlp related/being a part of mlp related content is something I always wanted to do, but haven't really had too many opportunities and when I am a part of it, they're really small. 

I will say that I've been to 9 mlp conventions and have gone to many brony meetups, but there's always going to be a feeling, even for the people that go to like 9 mlp conventions a year, that you missed out on something, so I say don't worry about it too much and just strive to be at a place where you can be more involved in the community. 

• Brohoof 2

I feel like we all missed out on the fandom, because of Hasbro. There is nothing that can be done about it. They never accepted bronies (and if they did, it was too late).

• Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, Splashee said:

I feel like we all missed out on the fandom, because of Hasbro. There is nothing that can be done about it. They never accepted bronies (and if they did, it was too late).

I wouldn't be THAT harsh on them - they took a much gentler approach to their IP rights than (say) Disney or WB would have, and there is a fair bit of catering to the brony fandom in the show (heck, even Derpy is the way she is because of her fanbase)

I don't agree with their decision to reboot FiM, but other than that, I think they struck a fair balance.

• Brohoof 3

I got into the fandom in 2015, so I missed a lot of the best and the most important stuff - I'm still catching up on many things. Never planned to attend conventions though, I'm actually fine with never meeting other bronies in person.

14 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

i woudn't mind meeting other fans, but I don't enjoy crowded conferences and stuff.

I pretty much only ever go to them to easily pick up merch / plushies without having to hassle through PayPal and what not, and also to see groups of friends I've been dying to talk to (even if I'm always the "3rd wheel" of the situation so to speak, as everyone else already knows each other)

• Brohoof 2

I don't think I missed out too much on the fandom. I was definitely there during its 'golden era' since I joined in early 2011. I did miss out on conventions since I'm in Alaska and was too young to think about going. Although, I'm not too muffed about the conventions because conventions are usually sweat fests. No offence.

• Brohoof 1

I have been a member of the fandom since November of 2011, but I still missed a lot the fandom. I mean I haven't been too many MLP related sites. Not have I've been to any convention (mainly because they are far out of my way and really I have no money to travel to those places:dry:). I been of a member of the forums since 2013 and never been that active until recently.

• Brohoof 2

6 hours ago, CypherHoof said:

I wouldn't be THAT harsh on them - they took a much gentler approach to their IP rights than (say) Disney or WB would have, and there is a fair bit of catering to the brony fandom in the show (heck, even Derpy is the way she is because of her fanbase)

I don't agree with their decision to reboot FiM, but other than that, I think they struck a fair balance.

The show had to end sooner or later. The question is what they'll do next - though today we got the first part of the answer.

6 hours ago, Splashee said:

I really don't get what you mean - the fandom isn't sometting Hasbro can take.

I started watching the show towards the end of Season 7. That was pretty late, so I really feel like I missed out on a lot. In a way, I'm disappointed that I didn't get into it years prior, but I suppose that it is what it is.

• Brohoof 2

I only started watching the show three years ago, and the only brony convention I attended was the last BronyCon, at which I didn’t talk to anyone, but it was still the most awesome thing ever. BronyCon convinced me to be more active in the fandom, and although I’ll never be able to experience the golden years, I’m doing my best to be a part of this incredible ride. 

• Brohoof 3

6 hours ago, Cagey said:

I only started watching the show three years ago, and the only brony convention I attended was the last BronyCon, at which I didn’t talk to anyone, but it was still the most awesome thing ever. BronyCon convinced me to be more active in the fandom, and although I’ll never be able to experience the golden years, I’m doing my best to be a part of this incredible ride. 

Well, that’s basically NOT missing out on a big part of the fandom. I didn’t have a chance to go to any BronyCon because of high costs and the fact that I’m on the other side of the word, I would never know what it was like at BronyCon. But, I did join the fandom around 2012, which is the Golden Years, although I didn’t care much about the fandom until 2017,

I’ve joined in late 2012, so I was at the end of the golden years, so I’ve missed quite a lot already. Not to mention I haven’t met any fellow horse lover in person, nor gone to conventions:sunny: 

14 hours ago, Latecomer said:

The show had to end sooner or later. The question is what they'll do next - though today we got the first part of the answer.

Which is fine. I don't agree with their decision, but that doesn't mean it wasn't the right choice for them.

I've had the same thoughts as well. Having doubts about this fandom when I first read of bronies was the biggest mistake I ever made because a part of me inside then was thinking to myself "well damn, I like this stuff." I've been almost into this for about almost 2 years now (since early 2018 start of Season 8) and looking back at the early 2010s I really did miss out on a lot of stuff. Now I'm pretty nervous about the future of the fandom, that people are gonna give up and leave now that's it's all over. 

1 hour ago, TransitPony said:

I've had the same thoughts as well. Having doubts about this fandom when I first read of bronies was the biggest mistake I ever made because a part of me inside then was thinking to myself "well damn, I like this stuff." I've been almost into this for about almost 2 years now (since early 2018 start of Season 8) and looking back at the early 2010s I really did miss out on a lot of stuff. Now I'm pretty nervous about the future of the fandom, that people are gonna give up and leave now that's it's all over. 

We've been through this many times when it comes to the fandom.  The Derpy fiasco of "The Last Roundup."  The Twilight Alicorn drama.  Starlight Glimmer.  Equestria Girls.  Fame and Misfortune.  The list goes on.

• Brohoof 1

7 minutes ago, SaburoDaimando said:

We've been through this many times when it comes to the fandom.  The Derpy fiasco of "The Last Roundup."  The Twilight Alicorn drama.  Starlight Glimmer.  Equestria Girls.  Fame and Misfortune.  The list goes on.

Don’t forget Flash “he took our waifu” Sentry :fluttershy:

I've been fan since early 2013. Although my severe depression and constant 'brain fog' (or so I would call it) have been ever since major reasons preventing me to attend cons and/or fan projects.

Oh, how I have wished to participate for all those cool things but this husk, body, of mine have made it really difficult if not impossible.

Despite joining the fandom in early 2012, I didn't much check out anything beyond the show itself and forums like this for years. It was only mid 2017 when I actually started getting into the fan creations - the art, music, stories, merchandise, etc. Went to my first and maybe only convention this year. So I feel like I certainly missed out on much of that kind of thing for years despite being an avid fan throughout.

• Brohoof 1