Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Find the Music in you

Fluttershy

uhm. hi everypony, i trust that you all got a nice dose of pet cuteness, or if you haven't had the chance, you can find them here.
on another note, I've come to learn that sometimes we need a little push to get started, but there is music in all of us so i'd like to give that push with this event as my friends once did for me,
no no no, don't run and hide, it doesn't have to be some big over the top performance, baby steps, it can be anything from singing to just music or even a simple humming of a melody, it can be an original piece but it can also be a cover or an altered song etc, just give it a try and who knows? maybe you too can find the music in you

just post your entry in the coments
there deadline is next week (Nov 20th)
there will be a badge for all participants
have fun

• Brohoof 9

• The topic was featured
34 minutes ago, Quinch said:

Does it have to be a particular theme? MLP-related? Or just anything?

no theme, but keep it sfw

1 hour ago, TBD said:

Does writing song lyrics counts?

if you sing them or humm them or rap them or read them as poetry even, then yes

• Brohoof 2

Hmm...interesting, I may try to record myself at work then and just make a little compilation of the the different songs I sing.  That's probably the closest I get to singing in public but it's also strangely the time I feel the most comfortable probably because I'm doing other things and not just sitting in front of a microphone.  Audio quality may not be the best but I'll see what I can do.

• Brohoof 1

I have written a short song ~

“Don’t leave. No, not now.

Your love has me shackled me to your soul.

I don’t want to spend the rest of my life crying.

Let’s try and fix this even in this rain.

I need you... so please, don’t go... not now”

Hi @Fluttershy, being a music composer and taking inspiration from MLP is something I do. I composed my own theme music a few days ago, and now I have prepared a video so that most of you can listen to it (that haven't yet):

• Brohoof 4

6 hours ago, Emerald Heart said:

Okay, so I tried my hardest but I couldn't reach all of the notes. This my first time recording myself singing, so I'm already nervous.

So here's my cover of "I Won't Say (I'm in Love)" from Hercules.

Oh my god, that was beautiful! You really have the talent for singing!

Anyways, I'm a just repost my cover of "With a Little Help From My Friends" I posted back in the " Show Us Your Voice" thread a few months ago.

https://vocaroo.com/i/s0D0oeCUgDu5

• Brohoof 1