Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Far from home. 1x1

Catpone Cerberus

@Catpone Cerberus

We'll go forward with my plan then, don't be afraid in the future to steer the plot in your own directions, the AI and I are very flexible (As long as you don't make Ætheron do something or preclude him from doing something, I'm fine with any twist/turn you want to add to the story)

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

On 12/14/2020 at 7:16 AM, Illiad Easle said:

@Catpone Cerberus

(I'm running out of steam trying to come up with everything, I made up everything about this town on the spot and I think its falling a little flat. You want to try being in charge for a bit?)

I'll introduce new OC to have a bit of an interaction with, I also have another OC to appear as a seller in the next city, I was going to use her now but since you established that this was mostly food market, I couldn't come up with good explanation for her to be there. I can also try to drive things forward for a while from now, but just so you are aware, my things will be mostly things to drive forward the relationship/other character things.

9 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

but just so you are aware, my things will be mostly things to drive forward the relationship/other character things.

I would like nothing more, I look forward to what you have in mind.

• Brohoof 1

• 5 months later...
On 2021-05-30 at 4:53 AM, Illiad Easle said:

(To be honest, I don't know what else we can do going forward that we haven't already done. There's only so many interesting things that can happen while walking across a forest delivering packages.)

Yeah, as I have said before, I tend to focus on characters and their stories while RPing, so I'm not really good at coming with things to happen.

When I originally posted the idea for this RP, back then I saw in my head a story where someone found my character and took them in to their home, where the main focus would have been on the developing close friendship rather than any specific actions, and I hadn't actually considered that it may become part adventure. 

In my opinion a good way to breathe bit of new life to this is to go harder on the characters and relationship between them, now that Ædriga can speak relatively well, communication wouldn't be too much of a problem. Maybe something could happen that would force them to stay in one place for a long period of time? a situation where Ædriga would need to use her strengths to either help Ætheron or some other reason rather than be the follower like she has been until this point?

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Hmm... I've got an idea, I thought I'd run it past you before I set it up officially.

I was thinking of a sort of role reversal, when they're in the middle of the forest they get attacked or ambushed, maybe by a dragon, and Ætheron gets very injured to the point where he can't get himself out of the forest.

What do you think of that?

• Brohoof 1

16 hours ago, Illiad Easle said:

@Catpone Cerberus

Hmm... I've got an idea, I thought I'd run it past you before I set it up officially.

I was thinking of a sort of role reversal, when they're in the middle of the forest they get attacked or ambushed, maybe by a dragon, and Ætheron gets very injured to the point where he can't get himself out of the forest.

What do you think of that?

Ætheron getting injured was actually what I too had in mind, I just wanted to know your suggestions first. And attack is just fine way for that to happen,:) though two things are good to remember.

1. not too serious injury, this probably is obvious, but it has to be something that, while serious, is something that can be managed in the forest, since Ædriga won't be leaving to get help for both character reasons, and for the simple reason that it would kinda take away the point.

2. The attacker(s)'s strength, in short, it needs to be something where it would be reasonable that Ædriga is able to eliminate or chase away the threat after Ætheron gets injured.

A dragon would work well in this actually, since even if it was a dragon that Ædriga can deal with without any problem, there would be a logical reason for why she doesn't do that right away....she fears other dragons, and wouldn't take part in the fight before there's no other option. It could also feed bit more to her inner turmoil which brings chances for character interaction.

for the size of the dragon(if it ends up being a dragon), assuming it would be Equestrian kind, as long as it's not big enough to crush Ædriga like a insect, it should be fine, her species of dragon are a specially powerful variant.

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Sounds good, I'll take your comments into account, I assume I have permission to write the scene where Ædriga initially does nothing to help? Essentially writing out the scene up to the point where Ædriga joins in the fight too late to save Ætheron from harm, but not too late that he dies.

I'll put it in the post after the one I'm writing today so they can get some distance from town.

• Brohoof 1

16 hours ago, Illiad Easle said:

@Catpone Cerberus

Sounds good, I'll take your comments into account, I assume I have permission to write the scene where Ædriga initially does nothing to help? Essentially writing out the scene up to the point where Ædriga joins in the fight too late to save Ætheron from harm, but not too late that he dies.

I'll put it in the post after the one I'm writing today so they can get some distance from town.

Yes, you can write to the point when Ætheron is taken out of the fight, though of course avoiding mentioning any direct actions from Ædriga as much as possible, since I'll fill those out in my post, though you can of course mention her in context of Ætheron's actions (for example, "Ætheron took position to protect Ædriga") you can assume that Ædriga just goes behind Ætheron to take cover stays there until things go bad. (or goes to take cover somewhere if Ætheron says her to)

@Illiad Easle
Just letting you know, I'll be visiting family this weekend and a friend will come over for couple of nights after that, thus, my next response will most likely be more delayed than usual, as I probably won't have the time to respond to RPs during that time. :)

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Catpone Cerberus

Idea for what happens next:

They get to the cave and Ætheron sends, or tries to send, Ædriga to go find help.

Once help is found and brought back, Ætheron will need several days to recover there in the cave as they can't move him lest the injuries worsen, giving Ædriga ample opportunity to help while he recovers.

Thoughts? I imagine it would be a point of growth to have Ædriga need to go into a town by herself to get help.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Illiad Easle said:

@Catpone Cerberus

Idea for what happens next:

They get to the cave and Ætheron sends, or tries to send, Ædriga to go find help.

Once help is found and brought back, Ætheron will need several days to recover there in the cave as they can't move him lest the injuries worsen, giving Ædriga ample opportunity to help while he recovers.

Thoughts? I imagine it would be a point of growth to have Ædriga need to go into a town by herself to get help.

Disclaimer, it's 1 am, I'm tired, so sorry for that if it effect this :please:

like I stated earlier 

On 2021-06-01 at 10:32 PM, Catpone Cerberus said:

since Ædriga won't be leaving to get help for both character reasons, and for the simple reason that it would kinda take away the point.

So Ædriga will not be leaving at least not in the start, we'll see if there's a logical way for that happen later. Because while I agree with 

1 hour ago, Illiad Easle said:

I imagine it would be a point of growth to have Ædriga need to go into a town by herself to get help.

she comes from life where it was everyone for themselves, and while Equestria has proven safe place for now, it's 50 years of experience vs. how long has it been? weeks? month?s?, and thus it's not something she'll do just because Ætheron asks her to.

Also, she isn't totally helpless with injuries, she may be bit rough, but it isn't like there was doctors where she came from. 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Emphasizing the point of being used to not caring for others seems counter-intuitive as it gives her less of a reason to stay with him.

I'll make adjustments though so she doesn't have to leave, say someone saw the attack and help will be on the way shortly, or something like that.

• Brohoof 1

11 hours ago, Illiad Easle said:

Emphasizing the point of being used to not caring for others seems counter-intuitive as it gives her less of a reason to stay with him.

That's not what I tried to say.

On 2021-06-13 at 1:24 AM, Catpone Cerberus said:

she comes from life where it was everyone for themselves

What I was trying to say is that, because she is used to having to do things herself and to take care of herself alone, asking for help is not something she is used to doing. She's hardwired to deal with problems without outside help, and even though she knows that there's ponies who would help if she just asked, her experience of not having that help overpowers that knowledge.

The difference to her previous life is that now there's somebody else to worry about, Ætheron is no longer outsider to her, that's why she doesn't have as much trouble to ask help from him

It's similar to how every time something new comes along, her first thought is, is it a threat? even if she has lot of evidence that it's perfectly safe.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...
15 hours ago, Illiad Easle said:

@Catpone Cerberus

I don't really know where to take this story now, It seems pretty much wrapped up as it is, or at the very least petering out from an interaction perspective. Any ideas?

Yeah, it is kinda heading to the happily ever after, and honestly, I don't really have any ideas for continuation, like sure, there can always be new conflict, but it becomes kinda forced pretty quick. It could be a good idea to head to some kind of conclusion, like a epilogue of sorts, maybe a timeskip and end summary or something :ooh: It has been a good little RP, and it isn't necessarily a good idea to try to forcibly stretch it to last forever if the ideas are running dry. 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Summing things up in an epilogue sounds like a good idea.

One thing I had in mind for if/when they got more romantically involved was them getting a special potion that would allow them to have children together. If you're alright with that we could include that in the epilogue.

• Brohoof 1

15 hours ago, Illiad Easle said:

One thing I had in mind for if/when they got more romantically involved was them getting a special potion that would allow them to have children together. If you're alright with that we could include that in the epilogue.

it could be mentioned in a open ended way, like instead of stating that they got one and used it, it could be stated that they looked into it, maybe even got it ready, but leave the fact if they actually tried it out open. Just an idea, it's really fine either way to me. :twi:,