Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Phone in the Bathroom?

SharpWit

Unconventional Screen Time or No?  

31 users have voted

1. 1. Do you use your phone or any other electronic devices while in the restroom?

• Yes, nearly every time.
    • Yeah,Sometimes.
    • No, I don't.
    • I prefer reading the back of the shampoo bottle.

Image result for phone in bathroom"

I've heard this might be more of a guy thing but I have no basis for this. Do you take your phone out in the restroom? Pass the time, text a few friends, check social media, catch up on the latest news and entertainment, or do you just get your business done and over with? For those who say it's gross, there's a good chance the toilet is actually cleaner than your phone.

Personally I do use my phone while in the bathroom, but I'll never go so far as others and make or take phone calls and any videos I view either at low volume or with headphones. Used to even keep a book in the towel cabinet.

Only time I ever bring my phone into the bathroom is if I need to listen in to some conversation / Skype call while muted. I'm not one to mess around in the bathroom, id rather get what I need to get done...done, and leave (after washing hands ofc~)

3 hours ago, SharpWit said:

I've heard this might be more of a guy

Nope. If I'm in there for more than well, you can figure that out. I don't make calls, but I check the weather, check my emails, text, things like that. I don't like talking to people while sitting in the smallest room though. this is at home though. In a public rest-room...Ew! Too afraid I'll drop it. I don't mean IN the toilet. Public bathrooms have disgusting germs on the floors! I know my bathrooms are clean. I can put the phone down on the sink and play music and such.

Edited by cuteycindyhoney
  • Brohoof 1

The only restroom I don't use my ipad in is a public restroom, I mostly have my earphones in all day at home unless I'm baking, taking a shower, or meeting with someone.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, I almost always bring my phone into the restrooms. I'm in there roughly about 2.5x more than the average college student (Irritable Bowel Syndrome), and I get bored easily, so to me, taking my phone in with me is basically mandatory.

That said, I appreciate that it's not a very hygienic action to endeavour in, so I'm always sure to wipe it down with antibacterial wipes after I've finished.:rarity:

• Brohoof 2

15 hours ago, Cpl_Dixon said:

I don't want to get my phone wet or anything.

Oh my~

Haha, anyways! Going to the restroom is a small break for me, I won't do anything at all, so no phone. I'm literally always doing anything and I totally should do more breaks now and then, but somehow I can't. Going to the restroom is a good way for this. The same with sitting in the waiting room in the doctor's office or similar. It's funny watching 90% of the people with their heads down looking at their phones. :laugh:

8 hours ago, Cocokoru said:

Oh my~

Oh right, shall we not go to the gutter so quick? I usually end up with the automatic sink that sprays water out at a million Miles per hour, causing everything within a five foot radius to get wet. That's what I meant by that.

• Brohoof 1