Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ask the Sonic Heroes!

Samurai Equine

On 2021-09-03 at 2:46 AM, Samurai Equine said:

BrRgPR2.png No sedation necessary! You see, despite whatever gruesome rumors you've heard, roboticization is actually a very simple process that is not permanent. I start by capturing those little animal creatures, putting them in a Vitality Orb--

4bzmMJu.png Hamster ball.

BrRgPR2.png Vitality Orb!! Hmpf... And from there, the orb is inserted into one of my Badniks, where the AI translates their emotional stimuli into faithful servitude--

sdZzOS1.png If the animal's sad, the Badnik is mad. If they're in a panic, the Badnik goes frantic! If they try to get away, the Badnik will obey. If--

BrRgPR2.png *Cough* Right. The emotions get translated into servitude. All the while, the animal's physical energy will be absorbed like a battery, granting my Badniks with enough power to--!!

cwiOBBB.png Animal go in the ball. Ball go in the robot. Animal make the robot go.

BrRgPR2.png Can I PLEASE answer one question without getting interrupted?! *Sigh* Yes, boiled down to simplicity, that's how it works. The animals may get a little tuckered out from powering my machines, but they're safe and unharmed. As long as they obey me, of course.

Eznh9Y1.png Or until I smash the Badniks and set them free, which I'll gladly do every time.

BrRgPR2.png And people wonder why I sometimes switch to rings and power cores as an energy source...

hey Eggman what are your Opinion on Sauron? Sauron2.jpg

Edited by Scootaloo9074090
  • Brohoof 1

On 2021-09-03 at 2:46 AM, Samurai Equine said:

BrRgPR2.png No sedation necessary! You see, despite whatever gruesome rumors you've heard, roboticization is actually a very simple process that is not permanent. I start by capturing those little animal creatures, putting them in a Vitality Orb--

4bzmMJu.png Hamster ball.

BrRgPR2.png Vitality Orb!! Hmpf... And from there, the orb is inserted into one of my Badniks, where the AI translates their emotional stimuli into faithful servitude--

sdZzOS1.png If the animal's sad, the Badnik is mad. If they're in a panic, the Badnik goes frantic! If they try to get away, the Badnik will obey. If--

BrRgPR2.png *Cough* Right. The emotions get translated into servitude. All the while, the animal's physical energy will be absorbed like a battery, granting my Badniks with enough power to--!!

cwiOBBB.png Animal go in the ball. Ball go in the robot. Animal make the robot go.

BrRgPR2.png Can I PLEASE answer one question without getting interrupted?! *Sigh* Yes, boiled down to simplicity, that's how it works. The animals may get a little tuckered out from powering my machines, but they're safe and unharmed. As long as they obey me, of course.

Eznh9Y1.png Or until I smash the Badniks and set them free, which I'll gladly do every time.

BrRgPR2.png And people wonder why I sometimes switch to rings and power cores as an energy source...

hey Tails do you eve watch horror movie?

Edited by Scootaloo9074090
  • Brohoof 1

On 2021-09-03 at 3:07 AM, Will Guide said:

This may be a question that was asked a long time ago but what the hay: Sonic, how are you and your friends getting along with Mario and his friends, whether it's in the Olympics or in Super Smash Brothers?

Eznh9Y1.png Of course we get along! We're both the heroes of our worlds. We have more reason to be friends than enemies.

1YO4MPX.png Things have become a little uncertain lately since the future of crossover games has been suspended, but as Sonic would say, you don't give up on friendships that easily. You'll still see our games popping up on Nintendo consoles.

nEio02c.png And remember, we still need all the fan support we can get to see more Sonic characters appearing as playable characters in Smash! If not the current Smash game, then definitely in a future Smash title.

6 hours ago, Scootaloo9074090 said:

hey Eggman what are your Opinion on Sauron? Sauron2.jpg

BrRgPR2.png Well at first I thought he was rather imposing, but...

4bzmMJu.png You tend to lose credibility when you lose to random youngsters.

cwiOBBB.png BOMB!

Jr4X91n.png Perhaps focusing on one ring was too narrow minded. I can't imagine what he'd do in our reality, where there are many rings to find.

LTh4kmD.png Massive armies, fantastic obstacles, and long journeys through various lands... For Sauron, this may have been something epic. For us, it's a Tuesday.

XOsRbk9.png *Many frantic gurgles*

BrRgPR2.png Well said, Chaos. Couldn't have put it better myself.

(Hi there! Samurai Equine here. I only saw the Lord of the Rings movies once. I'm not super familiar with that universe, so I hope this answer was good enough!)

6 hours ago, Scootaloo9074090 said:

hey Tails do you eve watch horror movie?

1YO4MPX.png *Nervous* Eheh, well... What can I say? I don't HATE them, but they aren't exactly my first pick...

hfmbJpf.png It's quite all right, dear. That genre isn't for everyone. It's not for me either, but I have a much easier time watching it; obviously.

cwiOBBB.png When you wish upon a star; Makes no difference who you are~!

4bzmMJu.png ...Some of us may have a different idea of what classifies as a "horror movie".

Edited by Samurai Equine

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi guys! I'm new here, so my first question would be to shadow : what is the one question the others can ask if you are in a doppelganger scenario and they need to figure out who the real shadow is?

• Brohoof 1

On 2021-09-28 at 6:20 AM, Scootaloo9074090 said:

Hey Eggman what are your opinion on this song 

BrRgPR2.png Any song about instilling fear in the masses will ALWAYS appeal to me!

q1SHbEE.png Doctor, that's hardly the full meaning of the song. It's about finding your true self in the spirit of adversity and hardships. A song like this speaks greater volumes to me.

Jr4X91n.png Trial and tribulations are my realm of expertise. Though there's no need to search your soul. Eventually, you'll all fall before me.

On 2024-02-29 at 2:09 PM, Ravenwing said:

Hi guys! I'm new here, so my first question would be to shadow : what is the one question the others can ask if you are in a doppelganger scenario and they need to figure out who the real shadow is?

Eznh9Y1.png We could always ask in they like chili dogs. (Smirks)

1YO4MPX.png We could ask them both to do the robot dance and see who does it better. (Giggles)

sZlXNhW.png Remember, even the smallest details can yield great results. Any imposter will always have a tell that gives them away.

JUHrJod.png Does it really matter? I know we can all be friends if we really try!  Chao!

q1SHbEE.png Enough! What they're all trying to say is, there's only been one set of Shadow doppelgangers, and that's the Shadow Androids. They don't talk. They are only focused on attacking. It would seem the Doctor doesn't have the patience for that kind of infiltration.

On 2024-03-03 at 2:00 PM, Blue_Lightning2000 said:

Question to Rouge, The Bat

*He smiles at her* Did you know you are a very attractive girl?

hfmbJpf.png Is it time to collect this week's fanmail? This isn't the first time I've gotten such compliments, but thanks all the same, dear. Now if only a certain other hero would notice...

nEio02c.png (Crosses arms and looks away)

sdZzOS1.png Come to think of it, Rouge has also used her good looks as a skill. She can even make robots swoon for her! Although, I get the feeling I'm not suppose to talk about that...

(-1)

• 1 month later...

This question is mainly for Dr Eggman but any one can chime in that knows the answer. Is there a family relationship between the original Dr Robotnic and this newer Dr Eggman?

Are they father and son, grandfather and grandson etc?

For clarification I'm referring to the Robotnic that was absolutely ruthless, cunning, and had a desire to enslave all life as robot slaves. Basically, no where near as friendly as this more recent Eggman. 

• Brohoof 1

I...think I don't have anything to ask, but I have something to say, thank all you guys for making my childhood really awesome, I used to be a huge fan of you all for nearly 15 years, now I'm no more a fan for almost a year and I have no interest in returning to the Sonic franchise, all is left for me is now nostalgia, but I do appreciate a lot how much all of you made younger me so happy, it surely helped me a bunch I hope you continue to entertain who's still a fan, bring new fans and continue to have awesome adventures! :eager:

Here's one of all my time favorites songs from one of your adventures 

• Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, Kosmodakrigan said:

Ever heard of Christian Weston "Chris-Chan" Chandler?

sdZzOS1.png We don't talk about non-canon material here. Especially if it's cursed!

V8DXwrB.png I'll have to ask you to cease and desist from talking about that person any further, or you'll be under arrest! And I'm not even a cop!

NRE73zv.png (Crosses arms in a X shape)

2jaJR9B.png And they say Dr. Eggman is the evil one...

6 hours ago, Samuel L Changeling said:

This question is mainly for Dr Eggman but any one can chime in that knows the answer. Is there a family relationship between the original Dr Robotnic and this newer Dr Eggman?

Are they father and son, grandfather and grandson etc?

For clarification I'm referring to the Robotnic that was absolutely ruthless, cunning, and had a desire to enslave all life as robot slaves. Basically, no where near as friendly as this more recent Eggman. 

BrRgPR2.png Oh! I am getting so tired of this baseless accusation! Now listen here, you miserable little pest... I am the angriest man who ever lived! (Ding) ...Oh! That must be the pizza.

sZlXNhW.png This requires more investigation...

LTh4kmD.png I have scanned the infinite multiverse to answer your question. The so-called "ruthless" version of Robotnik you are referring to comes from an alternate universe, an interpretation made famous by the Sonic SatAM cartoon and the Archie Sonic comics. Make no mistake, Dr. Eggman can also be ruthles in his own way. However...

Eznh9Y1.png Like all Eggmen who try to challenge yours truly, he's bound to fail, every time.

5 hours ago, Rafa Stary said:

I...think I don't have anything to ask, but I have something to say, thank all you guys for making my childhood really awesome, I used to be a huge fan of you all for nearly 15 years, now I'm no more a fan for almost a year and I have no interest in returning to the Sonic franchise, all is left for me is now nostalgia, but I do appreciate a lot how much all of you made younger me so happy, it surely helped me a bunch I hope you continue to entertain who's still a fan, bring new fans and continue to have awesome adventures! :eager:

Here's one of all my time favorites songs from one of your adventures 

nEio02c.png Reminds me of the music of my people.

1YO4MPX.png You're departing? Aww... Well, you'll be missed, but you'll always have a place with us if you ever change your mind.

9PZhtIo.png Times may change, and generations come and go...

q1SHbEE.png ...Our paths are diverging. No doubt we'll meet many others along the way. Still...

Eznh9Y1.png ...It was awesome to share this journey with you while it lasted. Keep moving forward, no matter what. See ya later, buddy! (Fist bumps, thumbs up, and runs away)

(Hey there! Samurai here. Just so you know, Back In Time is an awesome song. Absolutely love it! Sorry to see you go as a fan, but I really do hope Sonic left you with some good memories to look back on. And thanks for posting. :ticking: -1)

• Hugs 1

23 minutes ago, Samurai Equine said:

sdZzOS1.png We don't talk about non-canon material here. Especially if it's cursed!

V8DXwrB.png I'll have to ask you to cease and desist from talking about that person any further, or you'll be under arrest! And I'm not even a cop!

BrRgPR2.png Oh! I am getting so tired of this baseless accusation! Now listen here, you miserable little pest... I am the angriest man who ever lived! (Ding) ...Oh! That must be the pizza.

LTh4kmD.png I have scanned the infinite multiverse to answer your question. The so-called "ruthless" version of Robotnik you are referring to comes from an alternate universe, an interpretation made famous by the Sonic SatAM cartoon and the Archie Sonic comics. Make no mistake, Dr. Eggman can also be ruthles in his own way. However...

Eznh9Y1.png Like all Eggmen who try to challenge yours truly, he's bound to fail, every time.

1YO4MPX.png You're departing? Aww... Well, you'll be missed, but you'll always have a place with us if you ever change your mind.

q1SHbEE.png ...Our paths are diverging. No doubt we'll meet many others along the way. Still...

Eznh9Y1.png ...It was awesome to share this journey with you while it lasted. Keep moving forward, no matter what. See ya later, buddy! (Fist bumps, thumbs up, and runs away)

(Hey there! Samurai here. Just so you know, Back In Time is an awesome song. Absolutely love it! Sorry to see you go as a fan, but I really do hope Sonic left you with some good memories to look back on. And thanks for posting. :ticking: -1)

That's a shame not we need a mega evil villain but the whole teen titans clown villain shtick is getting rather tiresome. There should be a happy medium between supreme lord of darkness robotnic and Eggman the clown. 

Jokes aside though, that this Robotnic exists from another universe also means some of the better characters like Sally and Rotor get lost as well which sucks because I always thought Sally would have made a much better girlfriend for sonic than Amy ever could. 

Don't get me wrong love rouge and shadow and others of course but those were legendary. 

Last but not least general shout out to Tails for the best Sonic character aside from Sonic himself.  Cute and intelligent is great combination I'm just saying.

• Brohoof 1

Btw Eggman to show that there are no hard feelings would you like to know a 100% sure fire way to defeat Sonic?

Of course, the funny irony is since Sonic is reading this as well once I reveal Sonic's weakness he obviously won't fall for the trick that exploits it.

Oh and let me stop you there the weakness is NOT water related.

• Brohoof 1

23 hours ago, Samuel L Changeling said:

That's a shame not we need a mega evil villain but the whole teen titans clown villain shtick is getting rather tiresome. There should be a happy medium between supreme lord of darkness robotnic and Eggman the clown. 

Jokes aside though, that this Robotnic exists from another universe also means some of the better characters like Sally and Rotor get lost as well which sucks because I always thought Sally would have made a much better girlfriend for sonic than Amy ever could. 

Don't get me wrong love rouge and shadow and others of course but those were legendary. 

Last but not least general shout out to Tails for the best Sonic character aside from Sonic himself.  Cute and intelligent is great combination I'm just saying.

Since this isn't really a question, I'll just address this as if it were meant for me personally. B)

Spoiler

I feel like the Eggman (Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik) from the games should not be so easily written off. He does have his comedic and eccentric moments, his plans might go off the rails sometimes, and some of his monsters and robots have rebelled against him; but he has brought the world close to apocalypse many times. In fact, in some cases, the world might not have been saved at all if wasn't for Sonic (or any of his friends) turning Super.

The REAL comedic, non-threatening version of Eggman/Robotnik happens mostly in the cartoons, starting with the AoStH version of Robotnik. He was a pure cartoon bad guy in the style of Looney Tunes. His plans never really lasted more than one episode. His depiction in Sonic X was better, but when the filler seasons kicked in, he really didn't have much to do. And in Sonic Boom, he went back to being a silly caricature of himself. Maybe not as over-the-top as the AoStH version, but it's hard to take him seriously when he would take breaks and casually hang out with the heroes.

I'd say the Archie version of Robotnik/Eggman is a little better, but the truth is, that comic was juggling MANY different pieces of Sonic lore from different sources. So you never know when he might be as silly as AoStH Robotnik, as cunning as Sega's Eggman, or as heartless as SatAM Robotnik. It really would randomly change depending on the story they wanted to tell. But since Eggman was created by Sega, I tend to base his video-game incarnation as the definitive model to follow. :mlp_icwudt:

Last of all, I actually like Amy and I do ship her with Sonic, but the Sonic Team have made it clear that they don't have plans to give Sonic a love life. His story is about going on adventures and doing cool, heroic things. So even if Sonic prefers ladies with a personality like Sally's, he actually prefers to be single above all else. And after all this time, it would be kind of weird to just bring them back out of the blue. "Hey there, Freedom Fighters! I'm gonna pretend like we've always known each other, even though you never appeared in the games or most other media before~!"

18 hours ago, Samuel L Changeling said:

Btw Eggman to show that there are no hard feelings would you like to know a 100% sure fire way to defeat Sonic?

Of course, the funny irony is since Sonic is reading this as well once I reveal Sonic's weakness he obviously won't fall for the trick that exploits it.

Oh and let me stop you there the weakness is NOT water related.

BrRgPR2.png Thank you for the free feedback, but I am a genius with an IQ of 300. If there is a weakness to exploit, I'll figure it out myself.

4bzmMJu.png Translation: Please give me any ideas you've got. I just don't want to look clueless in front of everyone.

cwiOBBB.png Yo dawg, we heard you like education. So we put science in your science!

BrRgPR2.png Silence! I am not desperate for information!

Jr4X91n.png If the doctor doesn't want any tips, I'll gladly accept. My return will be triumphant!

2 hours ago, Samurai Equine said:

Since this isn't really a question, I'll just address this as if it were meant for me personally. B)

Reveal hidden contents

I feel like the Eggman (Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik) from the games should not be so easily written off. He does have his comedic and eccentric moments, his plans might go off the rails sometimes, and some of his monsters and robots have rebelled against him; but he has brought the world close to apocalypse many times. In fact, in some cases, the world might not have been saved at all if wasn't for Sonic (or any of his friends) turning Super.

The REAL comedic, non-threatening version of Eggman/Robotnik happens mostly in the cartoons, starting with the AoStH version of Robotnik. He was a pure cartoon bad guy in the style of Looney Tunes. His plans never really lasted more than one episode. His depiction in Sonic X was better, but when the filler seasons kicked in, he really didn't have much to do. And in Sonic Boom, he went back to being a silly caricature of himself. Maybe not as over-the-top as the AoStH version, but it's hard to take him seriously when he would take breaks and casually hang out with the heroes.

I'd say the Archie version of Robotnik/Eggman is a little better, but the truth is, that comic was juggling MANY different pieces of Sonic lore from different sources. So you never know when he might be as silly as AoStH Robotnik, as cunning as Sega's Eggman, or as heartless as SatAM Robotnik. It really would randomly change depending on the story they wanted to tell. But since Eggman was created by Sega, I tend to base his video-game incarnation as the definitive model to follow. :mlp_icwudt:

Last of all, I actually like Amy and I do ship her with Sonic, but the Sonic Team have made it clear that they don't have plans to give Sonic a love life. His story is about going on adventures and doing cool, heroic things. So even if Sonic prefers ladies with a personality like Sally's, he actually prefers to be single above all else. And after all this time, it would be kind of weird to just bring them back out of the blue. "Hey there, Freedom Fighters! I'm gonna pretend like we've always known each other, even though you never appeared in the games or most other media before~!"

BrRgPR2.png Thank you for the free feedback, but I am a genius with an IQ of 300. If there is a weakness to exploit, I'll figure it out myself.

4bzmMJu.png Translation: Please give me any ideas you've got. I just don't want to look clueless in front of everyone.

cwiOBBB.png Yo dawg, we heard you like education. So we put science in your science!

BrRgPR2.png Silence! I am not desperate for information!

Jr4X91n.png If the doctor doesn't want any tips, I'll gladly accept. My return will be triumphant!

Simple enough solution you have someone very good with stealth say a ninja sneak into any place that serves ice cream shakes and put alot of exlax without anyone being the wiser. 

Then you create a reason why you need to capture or hurt said server of place.

Sonic will step in to save the sever who will in turn reward sonic with a free meal including the tainted shake.

Since the server isn't evil or a robot sonic won't suspect a thing till it's too late.

While to most this amounts to annoying but generally harmless prank to Sonic as long as you can keep forcing him to run it would actually be very deadly because he'd be burning through calories far too fast.

There you go how to beat sonic.

• Shocked 1

Alright time for a friendly competition between the two geniuses and see who is faster and smarter at a trivia question.

Eggman vs Tails.

For Eggman NO bots can help strictly yourself ONLY. Any bot helps you lose to Tails automatically.

Here is the trivia question and the one with better answer wins.

The Sega Dreamcast game Sonic adventure 2 can NEVER be 100% completed regardless of player skill what is the reason for this?

Note that  for reference 100% completed means obtaining everything not simply beating the  game.

• Brohoof 1

On 2024-04-08 at 2:23 AM, Samurai Equine said:

Chatterbox Blushes.gif Has anybody tell you Mr. Shadow how handsome you are? Am pretty sure you got all ladies chasing you! Am C-Chatterbox! I am a reporter from Canterlot Times! I would like to have a interview with you if is okay *sighs smiling*

Chatterbox happy.gif So! Mr. Shadow, we all know about your personality, but have you had like, weaker moments? Maybe shed a tear or feel vulnerable to certain scenarios, I can be conforting you

• Brohoof 1

18 hours ago, Samuel L Changeling said:

Alright time for a friendly competition between the two geniuses and see who is faster and smarter at a trivia question.

Eggman vs Tails.

For Eggman NO bots can help strictly yourself ONLY. Any bot helps you lose to Tails automatically.

Here is the trivia question and the one with better answer wins.

The Sega Dreamcast game Sonic adventure 2 can NEVER be 100% completed regardless of player skill what is the reason for this?

Note that  for reference 100% completed means obtaining everything not simply beating the  game.

1YO4MPX.png Well, I suppose there could be many reasons... Some players don't do so well in the timed missions, and not everyone enjoys the treasure hunting stages, and there's also--

BrRgPR2.png It's the Chao events, isn't it? Those are a real time sink. And I've heard the best way to get those emblems is through making use of glitches, such as--

2jaJR9B.png It's the DLC, isn't it? You can't truly obtain everything unless you can download the DLC.

9 hours ago, Rethajni said:

Chatterbox Blushes.gif Has anybody tell you Mr. Shadow how handsome you are? Am pretty sure you got all ladies chasing you! Am C-Chatterbox! I am a reporter from Canterlot Times! I would like to have a interview with you if is okay *sighs smiling*

Chatterbox happy.gif So! Mr. Shadow, we all know about your personality, but have you had like, weaker moments? Maybe shed a tear or feel vulnerable to certain scenarios, I can be conforting you

jXXMbTr.png (Giggles)

hfmbJpf.png Shadow gets all the fan girls~

q1SHbEE.png Hmm. (Crosses arms and looks away) I'll agree to your interview, but the compliments are not necessary.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sdZzOS1.png Did you know? G.U.N tried to cover up the tragedy that happened aboard the Ark many years ago. The results of the operation were kept Top Secret when--

q1SHbEE.png (Tapes Omochao's mouth shut) ...Yes, there have been moments that have left me feeling vulnerable. Things that I can never truly forget, even if I should be stricken with temporary amnesia. Some memories are just too strong to ever truly forget.

Eznh9Y1.png But no matter what, Shadow always picks himself up and keeps moving forward. It's why I know I can rely on him to do the right thing in the end, just like a true Sonic Hero.

MCnlJrJ.png You know, I never really understood that name. All of Sonic's friends are Sonic Heroes, even though some of them work alone or do their own thing? Seems a little selfish, if you ask me. I'm the leader of the Babylon Rogues, but I'd never call us the Jet Rogues.

2 hours ago, Samurai Equine said:

1YO4MPX.png Well, I suppose there could be many reasons... Some players don't do so well in the timed missions, and not everyone enjoys the treasure hunting stages, and there's also--

BrRgPR2.png It's the Chao events, isn't it? Those are a real time sink. And I've heard the best way to get those emblems is through making use of glitches, such as--

2jaJR9B.png It's the DLC, isn't it? You can't truly obtain everything unless you can download the DLC.

jXXMbTr.png (Giggles)

hfmbJpf.png Shadow gets all the fan girls~

q1SHbEE.png Hmm. (Crosses arms and looks away) I'll agree to your interview, but the compliments are not necessary.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sdZzOS1.png Did you know? G.U.N tried to cover up the tragedy that happened aboard the Ark many years ago. The results of the operation were kept Top Secret when--

q1SHbEE.png (Tapes Omochao's mouth shut) ...Yes, there have been moments that have left me feeling vulnerable. Things that I can never truly forget, even if I should be stricken with temporary amnesia. Some memories are just too strong to ever truly forget.

Eznh9Y1.png But no matter what, Shadow always picks himself up and keeps moving forward. It's why I know I can rely on him to do the right thing in the end, just like a true Sonic Hero.

MCnlJrJ.png You know, I never really understood that name. All of Sonic's friends are Sonic Heroes, even though some of them work alone or do their own thing? Seems a little selfish, if you ask me. I'm the leader of the Babylon Rogues, but I'd never call us the Jet Rogues.

Sorry Tails and Eggman the reason is due to unobtainable rings in certain levels the worst being shadows white jungle level which has over 100 rings out of reach of the player.

• Brohoof 1

Not a question I am aware but just for the sake of reference alone here is the information on all ring max counts and what is normally possible for the player to get.

http://www.soniccenter.org/sm/files/maxrings.txt

The most well known ones are as follows.

On radical highway one ring is just to below and slightly to left of where Shadow starts at the cutscenes but the player cannot normally go back up that bridge to get it.

Mad space has one ring below the kill plane area and ten rings invisible to the player requiring a mystical melody to make visible however the needed mystic melody box doesn't exist normally.

Metal Harbor Hard mode has 75 rings just below the very jump pad directly above the kill plane.

And last but not least white jungle is missing about 164 rings which are floating in what is believed to be unfinished early design as it also contains enemies and speed ramps but no floor at about 20ft above the player and way off screen to the right.

Again I know not a question but there you go.

On 2024-04-10 at 6:40 AM, Samuel L Changeling said:

Sorry Tails and Eggman the reason is due to unobtainable rings in certain levels the worst being shadows white jungle level which has over 100 rings out of reach of the player.

23 hours ago, Samuel L Changeling said:

Not a question I am aware but just for the sake of reference alone here is the information on all ring max counts and what is normally possible for the player to get.

http://www.soniccenter.org/sm/files/maxrings.txt

The most well known ones are as follows.

On radical highway one ring is just to below and slightly to left of where Shadow starts at the cutscenes but the player cannot normally go back up that bridge to get it.

Mad space has one ring below the kill plane area and ten rings invisible to the player requiring a mystical melody to make visible however the needed mystic melody box doesn't exist normally.

Metal Harbor Hard mode has 75 rings just below the very jump pad directly above the kill plane.

And last but not least white jungle is missing about 164 rings which are floating in what is believed to be unfinished early design as it also contains enemies and speed ramps but no floor at about 20ft above the player and way off screen to the right.

Again I know not a question but there you go.

It's fine! I am just glad this thread still has some activity. :)
From what I understand, the unobtainable rings hidden deep in any out-of-bounds areas, as well as rings hidden past the kill plane, are not there for the player. They were programming markers for the game devs. It's a very common practice to put hidden markers in unreachable locations. They might be there to remind them where to put action scripts, to remember valuable information, or some other important reason. For some reason, they made Rings the markers in the SA2.

There is also rumor that the devs wanted to add even more paths and details to some of the levels, but I can see you all ready knew about that. :adorkable: Time and resource crunches can definitely affect the final product. Ultimately gotta figure out what to keep and what to scrap. And sometimes they can forget to remove some things, like impossibly placed yet still reachable rings.

@Samurai Equine glad you are enjoying it.

Okay, since I left the bots out of my last question here is a question for any and all the bots to answer.

For all the rival fights in SA2.

Sonic vs Shadow, Rouge vs Knuckles, Tails vs Eggman

what odds of victory do you give to each fighter under the following conditions...?

In every match up fight BOTH fighters are in their hyper/super forms from the energy of all 7 Chaos emeralds and in the specific case for the Eggman vs Tails battle no mechs strictly "hand to hand' fighting.

Who are your favorite picks for victors logically bots?

Oh, and I have a specific question for Rouge herself here.

Since it's now well known you were sent as a spy by the government to keep tabs on Eggman to learn about project Shadow I'm curious did you at all engage in any espionage work to counter act Eggman's plans on world domination: Sabotage the eclipse cannon, give Eggman false information etc or no just kept tabs on Eggman and Shadow?