Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Favorite Movies of the Deacde?

TheAnimationFanatic

Legit, I'm having trouble thinking of anything that isn't the MCU. Heck, I think the big Superhero Boom, if nothing else, is really gonna define this decade of film

The Captain America trilogy, totes the best superhero trilogy
The Avengers quadrilogy, Infinity War in particular feels like a modern day Empire Strikes Back
Honestly, much of the MCU in general
Star Wars Rogue One(best Star Wars Film since Empire)
Toy Story 3
Frozen
Bumblebee
Spiderman Into the Spiderverse
Logan
Deadpool
Joker
Wonder Woman
Shazam

• Brohoof 3

2010: (Theee-Way) Inception, Toy Story 3, and How to Train Your Dragon.

2011: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2.

2012: (Three-Way) Marvel's The Avengers, Skyfall, and Looper.

2013: Gravity.

2014: (Three-Way) Guardians of the Galaxy, Gone Girl, and How to Train your Dragon 2.

2015: (Tie) Inside Out and Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

2016: Zootopia.

2017: (Tie) Coco and Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Might be controversial, but I don't care, honestly).

2018 (Tie): Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse and Mission: Impossible - Fallout.

2019: Might be the toughest call yet, but currently tied between Toy Story 4, Jojo Rabbit, and Knives Out.

Edited by TheAnimationFanatic
  • Brohoof 1

2010: Despicable Me, Tangled.
2011: Hobo with a Shotgun, Drive
2012: Expendables 2
2013: Frozen
2014: The Guest
2015: Mad Max: Fury Road, Inside Out, Creed
2016: Zootopia
2017: Jon Wick 2, MLP The Movie
2018: Avengers: Infinity War, Deadppol 2
2019: haven’t seen all the films I'm interested in yet. So far, Endgame and John Wick 3.

• Brohoof 2

Based on the movies I can remember and the ones I've seen:

2010: Tangled and How to Train Your Dragon

2011: Adventures of Tintin The Secret of the Unicorn

2012: The Avengers and Wolf Children

2013: Frozen (I don't even like this movie that much, but it's the best one I remember of this year)

2014: Guardians of the Galaxy, How to Train Your Dragon 2 and Song of the Sea

2015: Inside Out

2016: Captain America Civil War, Zootopia and The Jungle Book

2017: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Coco and Thor Ragnarok

2018: Avengers Infinity War and Isle of Dogs

2019: Avengers Endgame and Joker

• Brohoof 2

Here are my top favorites:

- The Hobbit: I absolutely love this series! I am a big fan of The Lord of the Rings, so a prequel series to that interested me. The action sequences were amazing, especially in The Battle of the Five Armies. Also, the characters, the plot, and the worldbuilding all made this series very enjoyable for me.

- Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Solo: A Star Wars Story, and Rogue One: Any Star Wars film interests me, since I was a huge Star Wars fan as a child and still am a fan now. The above Star Wars films were entertaining for me, even The Last Jedi to some extent.

- My Little Pony: the Movie: Obviously I love MLP, so when this movie came out, I really enjoyed it!

• Brohoof 2

@TheAnimationFanatic 

2010: How To Train Your Dragon

2011: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2

2012: The Avengers

2013: Frozen

2014: Guardians of the Galaxy

2015: Furious 7

2016: Captain America: Civil War

2017: Spider Man: Homecoming

2018: Avengers: Infinity War

2019: Avengers: Endgame

You may notice how a lot of these movies are MCU films, and that's because the MCU is my favorite film franchise ever! Harry Potter is my second favorite!

• Brohoof 3

These are my favorite movies of the 2010's. 

2010: Toy Story 3, Tangled (:squee:)

2011: Winnie the Pooh

2013: Equestria Girls

2014: Equestria Girls: Rainbow Rocks, Paddington

2015: : Equestria Girls: Friendship Games, Batman vs Robin

2016: Zootopia, Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders, Equestria Girls: Legend of Everfree 

2017: Hey Arnold!: The Jungle Movie

2018: Batman: Gotham by Gaslight 

2019: Batman vs. TMNT, Teen Titans Go! vs. Teen Titans, Lego DC Batman: Family Matters

• Brohoof 2

As with the video game list, only those I've seen. Also going off of what I remember because looking every single film up would be a f***ing hassle.

2010: Toy Story 3, True Grit. If I had to pick between the two, Toy Story 3 but narrowly.

2011: Nothing. No great movies this year. I would say Girl with the Dragon Tattoo if I could make sense of it.

2012: The Dark Knight Rises, Cloud Atlas, Pitch Perfect, Men in Black 3. Plenty of great films this year, but picking between them Pitch Perfect is by and far the best.

2013: Gravity, really the only good movie of the year.

2014: The Maze Runner, Gone Girl. Gone Girl is probably the better of the two. Not a great year for film, just like 2013 unfortunately.

2015: Mad Max: Fury Road, Jurassic World, The Martian. Got to give it to The Martian, though I've never seen Inside Out.

2016: Finding Dory, 10 Cloverfield Lane, Star Trek: Beyond. 10 Cloverfield Lane beats out the other two IMO.

2017: It, though Coco would likely get it if I'd seen it.

2018: Coming up empty.

2019: Joker, definitely Joker. Though I will give Once Upon a Time in Hollywood second and Uncut Gems third (haven't seen many 2019 films).

Best film (I've seen) of the decade: Joker. Though second, third and fourth (not quite in order) would go to Pitch Perfect10 Cloverfield Lane, and Toy Story 3.

Edited by Dustleeshus
  • Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Ayyngel Dust said:

As with the video game list, only those I've seen. Also going off of what I remember because looking every single film up would be a f***ing hassle.

2010: Toy Story 3, True Grit. If I had to pick between the two, Toy Story 3 but narrowly.

2011: Nothing. No great movies this year. I would say Girl with the Dragon Tattoo if I could make sense of it.

2012: The Dark Knight Rises, Cloud Atlas, Pitch Perfect, Men in Black 3. Plenty of great films this year, but picking between them Pitch Perfect is by and far the best.

2013: Gravity, really the only good movie of the year.

2014: The Maze Runner, Gone Girl. Gone Girl is probably the better of the two. Not a great year for film, just like 2013 unfortunately.

2015: The Martian, though Inside Out would likely get it if I'd seen it. Jurassic World would probably be the second down of the ones I've seen.

2016: Finding Dory, 10 Cloverfield Lane, Star Trek: Beyond. 10 Cloverfield Lane beats out the other two IMO.

2017: It, though Coco would likely get it if I'd seen it.

2018: Coming up empty.

2019: Joker, definitely Joker.

Best film (I've seen) of the decade: Joker. Though second, third and fourth (not quite in order) would go to Pitch Perfect10 Cloverfield Lane, and Toy Story 3.

2015 really was an amazing year for movies. Not that the other years weren't, but 2015 especially was great. 

6 minutes ago, TheAnimationFanatic said:

2015 really was an amazing year for movies. Not that the other years weren't, but 2015 especially was great. 

Not a bad year (2013...) but not as good as 2012 IMHO. Forgot about Fury Road when I initially listed them off, but I still think The Martian was the best movie of that year, at least out of what I've seen. Probably a few others I imagine being good other than Inside Out like Creed.

Edited by Ayyngel Dust
  • Brohoof 1

2010 - How To Train Your Dragon, Iron Man 2, Alice in Wonderland, The Karate Kid, The Sorcerer's Apprentice, Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole

2011 - Transformers Dark of the Moon, Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides

2012 - The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, Brave, Rise of the Guardians

2013 - The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug, Hunger Games Catching Fire, Pacific Rim

2014 - Big Hero Six, How To Train Your Dragon 2, The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies, Transformers: Age of Extinction, Hunger Games Mockingjay part 1

2015 - Hunger Games Mockingjay part 2

2016 - Doctor Strange, Suicide Squad, Zootopia

2017 - Thor Ragnarok, Transformers: The Last Knight, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales, MLP The Movie

2018 - Spiderman: Into the Spiderverse, Black Panther, Mortal Engines, The Incredibles 2, Ready Player One

2019 - Spiderman: Far From Home, How To Train Your Dragon 3, and I want to see Joker but I haven't yet.

I feel like I'm one of the few people on the planet who actually liked Suicide Squad and Michael Bay's Transformers movies.

Edited by Booker
How could I forget the MLP movie?
  • Brohoof 2

2010: The King's Speech Top 5 fav movies (also love Tangled (top 5 fav films), Toy Story 3, and The Social Network)

2011: A Better Life (not too many films in 2011 that I can remember coming out that year that I am fond of, but I do remember loving Unknown back then)

2012: LES MISERABLES!!! In my top number 1 fav films

2013: HER AND THIS IS THE END (Also loved Oblivion and About Time)

2014: WHIPLASH (Also loved Dawn of the Planet of the Apes)

2015: CAROL!!!! In my top number 1 fav films (Also loved Brooklyn, Fury Road, Trumbo)

2016: YOUR NAME in my top 5 fav films (Also love A Silent Voice (in my top 5 fav films) Swiss Army Man, Lion, and Rogue One) 

2017: COCO!!!!! In my top number 1 fav films 

2018: Hereditary (saw many movies, but haven't rewatched any besides Hereditary, but do plan, because I was fond of them, to rewatch Eighth Grade, Mirai, Into the Spider-verse, First Reformed, Isle of Dogs, and The Favorite)

2019: Parasite (2019 is not over yet but already saw twice) (So far very fond of The Farewell, Joker, and Midsommar) 

Very hard to choose my favorite films XD

Edited by Misscellanio
  • Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

2010 Tron Legacy, The Wolfman, The Town, Alice in Wonderland, The Expendables 2, Alpha & Omega

2011 Cars 2, Dirch, Mars Needs Moms, Rio, Midnight in Paris, Hugo, A Monster in Paris, Transformers Dark of the Moon

2012 Wreck it Ralph, FrankenWeenie, Cloud Atlas, ParaNorman, Hotel Transylvania, Madagascar 3, The Hobbit, Niko 2 - Lentäjäveljekset

2013 The Purge, Evil Dead, Equestria Girls, Evidence, Zarafa, Cabin Fever Patient Zero, Gravity, Pacific Rim

2014 The Purge Anarchy, X Men Days of Future Past, The Lego Movie, Rio 2, Big Hero 6, Space Dogs 2, Into the Storm, The Expendables 3, The Hobbit The Battle of the Five Armies, The Penguins of Madagascar

2015 Inside Out, Hotel Transylvania 2, Terminator Genesis, Sinister 2, Jupiter Ascending, Bakkekøbing Det Store Osteræs, The Phoenix Incident, Peanuts

2016 Pandemic, Viral, Zootopia, Sheep and Wolves, The Purge Election Year, Suicide Squad, Dyrene I Hakkebakkeskoven

2017 The First Purge, My Litte Pony The Movie, The Emoji Movie, Ferdinand, Phoenix Forgotten

2018 Så Længe jeg Lever, Wreck it Ralph 2, Sheep and Wolves 2 Pig Deal, Mary Poppins Returns

2019: X Men Dark Phoenix, Dumbo, The Lego Movie 2

Edited by Buttonmash2020

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

2010- The Social Network (David Fincher)

2011- Warrior (Gavin O'Connor)

2012- Moonrise Kingdom (Wes Anderson)

2013- Prisoners (Denis Villeneuve)

2014- Whiplash (Damian Chazelle)

2015- Mad Max Fury Road (George Miller)

2016- Either Hacksaw Ridge (Mel Gibson) or Your Name (Makoto Shinkai)

2017- War For The Planet Of The Apes (Matt Reeves)

2018- A Quiet Place (John Krasinski)

2019- Joker (Todd Phillips)

• Brohoof 1