Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

critique wanted Trying out clip studio pro

Disky Bolt

You are an amazing artist! I can't tell if it is you or the tool you are using. But seriously, you are the one who choose the colors and pen style.... So, yea.

Very nice!

• Brohoof 2

I don't really think it needs to be brighter, it's good for a sketch and doesn't really need to become a fully rendered piece or something like that.  If you want to make it into a full piece, I think using highlights on the hair and body would really make the character pop from the background.  It's a good piece for getting used to a new program!!!  You did a great job!

• Brohoof 1

The first one looks pretty good, actually.

The background helps the feeling of eerieness from encountering a creature from the night.

The glowy eyes got to be the best part of the piece, in my opinion.

The sketchyness and roughness on the lines (although they are obviously from the sketch on itself) give it a fresh feel and also improve on the idea of a sinister encounter, even if the character on itself is friendly or not.

I guess maybe try playing around with the pupils next time. Not because they are not fine the way you made them, but just to see if you like it better with darker -if not black- pupils. Remember batponies have cat-eye pupils, and so, they should probably work like them. What I mean is, if your batpony is in a dark place or if the pony is focusing on something or interested, the pupils are likely to grow and be rounded instead of closed sharp lines.

Edited by Jesse Terrence
repeated "the" when I meant to write "if" and wrote eye cat instead of cat eye
  • Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Jesse Terrence said:

The first one looks pretty good, actually.

The background helps the feeling of eerieness from encountering a creature from the night.

The glowy eyes got to be the best part of the piece, in my opinion.

The sketchyness and roughness on the lines (although they are obviously from the sketch on itself) give it a fresh feel and also improve on the idea of a sinister encounter, even if the character on itself is friendly or not.

I guess maybe try playing around with the pupils next time. Not because they are not fine the way you made them, but just to see if you like it better with darker -if not black- pupils. Remember batponies have cat-eye pupils, and so, they should probably work like them. What I mean is, if your batpony is in a dark place or if the pony is focusing on something or interested, the pupils are likely to grow and be rounded instead of closed sharp lines.

Thanks for the art critique provided! I will surely test the brushes later on

I didn't follow the traditional batpony one when I designed the eyes. I took references from Screwball, Neferpitou from hxh to derive a maniac and whimsical feeling. So Ivd like to keep that way for now

• Brohoof 1