Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

critique wanted I kinda felt like sketching

Jesse Terrence

I'm not much of an artist, but still, at times, I like to sketch stuff.

So here's this. Sort of a WIP sona.

His name is... hrm... actually, I haven't decided on a name for him. Was thinking of naming him Gizmo.
Those lines on the forehead and nose are scars. He's sort of a dumbass and pushes himself too far for ponies who don't really care, and they kind of remind him what happens when he's too attached.

Either way, don't be too harsh on the critique, pleeeaaase!

let's see.jpg

• Brohoof 4

I wanted to practice 3/4 since I suck badly at it, so I forced myself to sketch this one out.

I am not quite convinced on it, and I feel I messed up the perspective at many parts, but is a practice sketch anyway, I'll do better next time.

Any opinions?

So yeah, same poner as before, with a more serious expresion (I guess?).

tq perspective practice.jpg

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
On 2/27/2020 at 10:24 PM, ExplosionMare said:

The only thing that you should change about the first one is to add an endpoint for the section of hair over her left eye. It should have a definitive end rather than extending endlessly.

Better replying late than never, right? xD

Honestly, I was going to joke on pretending to be offended due some people thinking Gizmo is a girl, but as a matter of fact I'm actually happy about people mixing him up for one. I designed him with the idea of making him highly androginic and so people could think whatever. I prefer how mares are drawn on FiM, they have better design than stallions, so I guess that could be a lazy explanation :derp:

And yeah, you're totally right about the hair line thing. I'll take it into account by when I draw him again. Thanks for the feedback!

• Brohoof 2

8 hours ago, Jesse Terrence said:

Better replying late than never, right? xD

Honestly, I was going to joke on pretending to be offended due some people thinking Gizmo is a girl, but as a matter of fact I'm actually happy about people mixing him up for one. I designed him with the idea of making him highly androginic and so people could think whatever. I prefer how mares are drawn on FiM, they have better design than stallions, so I guess that could be a lazy explanation :derp:

And yeah, you're totally right about the hair line thing. I'll take it into account by when I draw him again. Thanks for the feedback!

You’re welcome!

And I totally emphasize with the gender thing, I have a male character that everyone always assumes is a girl. I have him a stubble, come on people!

• Brohoof 2

@Jesse Terrence Great sketches! I think the only details that you could change a little would be the nostrils shapes, instead of having the round, maybe try curved lines instead. Great eyes distance (the implied distance between eyes), which makes very good Anime style characters! That's skill! :coco: