Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you let others hear you when you go to the bathroom?

Splashee

Public restrooms, or bathrooms at home, do you try to keep your volume down when being in the bathroom doing your business?

Indoor restroom/bathroom doors, in the U.S. seem to be of a non sound proof material. If someone is outside the door, they will probably hear you. Does that bother you? Does it make you uncomfortable?

If you are living with someone, a roommate, a friend, a family member, or a boyfriend/girlfriend, do you choose to go to the bathroom when they are not around to keep them from hearing you?

What is your techniques for not being heard?

Share your thoughts. :scoots:

• Brohoof 1

I live alone now but I generally don't care if people can hear me, honestly. It's not like I'm especially noisy and going to the bathroom is something that everybody does so there's no reason to feel ashamed about it. I used a public urinal in Belgium earlier this year, I honestly don't see a problem with it.

• Brohoof 2

What bothers me about this is that someone is outside of the door :confused:

If a bathroom door is closed, that means it's either occupied or you shouldn't go in there. You shouldn't stand outside of it unless it's an emergency, and you should let the occupant know you're there.

No matter what my business is, I opt for sitting on the toilet. It's not that I'm particularly messy, but I find it guarantees nothing on the seat or rim, and it's more relaxing. There's always the trick of aiming for the porcelain to dampen the sound for number one, but this is also pretty automatic if you're sitting. For number two, you can minimize splunks by putting some toilet paper in the water. Half the time this is already the case in my home because I use toilet paper to blow my nose and I opt to toss it in the toilet rather than a trash can.

I'm naturally pretty quiet so never have much to worry about.

• Brohoof 2

Back in college there was a first floor restroom. Due to the aesthetics of the building there was a window in the men's room in the last stall. I mean full bay window. The curtains were always closed... except when I would go in. I'd open that bad boy up pop a squat and wave at passer by's. It was behind a bush so most people didn't notice... But there were a few. :mlp_blink:

So I have certain techniques I apply.

First off, if there is going to be noise, like initial unavoidable noise, make that noise at the same time as flushing the toilet. But be sure to flush just at the right moment, just before.

Keeping the water running from the faucet, which acts as echo cancelling. For lesser noise, that works.

When at the air port, you know you are anonymous, and everyone is on tight schedule. Make as much noise as you like! The door is like the tiniest board right in front of your feet, so it feels like they are right outside, and they are!

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Splashee said:

Public restrooms, or bathrooms at home, do you try to keep your volume down when being in the bathroom doing your business?

Indoor restroom/bathroom doors, in the U.S. seem to be of a non sound proof material. If someone is outside the door, they will probably hear you. Does that bother you? Does it make you uncomfortable?

If you are living with someone, a roommate, a friend, a family member, or a boyfriend/girlfriend, do you choose to go to the bathroom when they are not around to keep them from hearing you?

What is your techniques for not being heard?

Share your thoughts. :scoots:

Nah. It's cool with me. 

If I have to go, I have to go. I close the door, but I never lock it (at home).

Public restrooms don't bother me. But the only bad thing about them is when you are out of TP and have to ask the neighbor next to you for some.

3 minutes ago, Frosted Heart said:

If I have to go, I have to go. I close the door, but I never lock it (at home).

Yea but you have a private bathroom!

(How do I know this!? :awwthanks:)

I get really embarrassed by that kind of stuff. I refuse to use stalled restrooms because there just isn't enough privacy. And when I didn't have my own bathroom and had to use the one by my dad's office I would always take a shower when I had to go so I would go in turn the water on and then go (not in the shower. LOL Hopefully I didn't have to specify that.). That was the only technique I knew.

Now I feel like I have privacy (I have the master bedroom. Which means when I go to the bathroom, I shut the bedroom door AND the bathroom door). The only problem is that for recovery from my surgery I have one of those elevated toilet seats... Every time you pee it sounds like a man standing up doing it. Meaning it's really loud. UGH. I don't know why I'm so worried about that because no one really cares, but that's me. I blame my workplace. Of all of the things for coworkers to gossip about, they actually have gossiped about this very thing. I wish I was joking.

• Brohoof 1

6 minutes ago, Envy said:

(not in the shower. LOL Hopefully I didn't have to specify that.)

You didn't have to specify that, BUT it is a good thing in case someone would misunderstand you, lol!

That's a very good technique!

1 hour ago, AngelDustlicious said:

I try not to, but sometimes I think when I'm taking a particularly difficult No. 2 I might make some noises. :sealed:

I didn't think to mention this, but I normally avoid public restrooms anyways, because of my anxiety and my bit of gender dysphoria.

Edited by AngelDustlicious
  • Brohoof 1

Number 1 couldn't care less. Number 2: I used private/family restroom. If there's no private restroom around, I use the stall at the far end. Family, I don't care either way. 

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Splashee said:

First off, if there is going to be noise, like initial unavoidable noise, make that noise at the same time as flushing the toilet. But be sure to flush just at the right moment, just before.

You and me both.

• Brohoof 2

I used to not care much until I had a roommate a couple years ago who was talking on the phone in the other room while I was in the restroom and he yelled "someone's taking a s**t!" pretty loudly. That was embarrassing. So now I do whatever I can to be quiet when people are around at home.

Whenever I’m in the bathroom, I try my best to rip a fat one to assert dominance in the establishment, regardless of whether or not it’s public or private. I usually fail, however, and I just end up looking like a lightheaded idiot with a rekt rectum. 

Edited by Kronos the Revenant

People should be more courteous, I mean this should be a no-brainer. Some people are saying "I can't control it" like come on.. do better. Few things are more objectively awful than hearing you shamelessly go to town in a public restroom like a damn zoo animal.  

• Brohoof 1