Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The best Equestria Girls song is...

SpittyPie2005

Tricks up My Sleeve. The only weak part is the lyrics, only if not considering it being intentional. The melody, instruments, performance all well serves the song, one of Daniel Ingram's finest written work on the show.

Edited by Sepul-Coloratura

Most of my favorite EqG songs are from the shorts or "Rainbow Rocks". But my favorite is quite clear – "So Much More to Me" is a very lovely one. :kindness: A beautiful melody, Fluttershy's amazing singing, and lyrics that describe her personality very well – it's not only my favorite EqG song, but possibly also my favorite MLP song in general (at least very close to it). The demo version (with a different melody) is also very nice, though the final version is in a class of its own.

• Brohoof 4

2 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

My favorite Equestria Girls song is "Under Our Spell" from "Equestria Girls: Rainbow Rocks".

This. I love love love this song. I think Equestria Girls: Rainbow Rocks pushed me overboard into the fandom over the show even. This and the big finale. 

• Brohoof 1

33 minutes ago, PiratePony said:

This. I love love love this song. I think Equestria Girls: Rainbow Rocks pushed me overboard into the fandom over the show even. This and the big finale. 

YES! Under Our Spell is my favourite, favourite EG song. The first movie actually got me into the EG fandom though..

• Brohoof 1

16 hours ago, SpittyPie2005 said:

It's also very sad.

Well, technically speaking, she is still a villain when she is singing that song. And you can see both Sunset Simmer and Trixie not getting affected by her song. Have a villain song ever made you feel sad? (why does Tempest's "Open Up Your Eyes" song pop up in my head).

Well, when you start asking yourself these kind of questions, you know the show is very well made! :love:

Spoiler

I have noted that you are 14 years old.
I followed you and put you in my friends list. You don't have your status feed turned on, so I can't talk to you in your profile. So I'll just put it here:

I am 37 years old, a guy, and I don't cry to cartoons made for girls (Equestria Girls). Except somehow I do! :scoots:

• Brohoof 1

On 12/8/2019 at 3:12 PM, Light Blade said:

Entirety of Rainbow Rocks album. Come at me! :P

For me its like...half of that soundtrack. Anything the Dazzlings sing is great, the opening credits song is still stuck in my head to this day, and both the Mane 7's part (after sunset starts singing) of "Welcome to the Show" and "Shine Like Rainbows" make me tear up / cry abit for some reason.

But the failed counterspell they sing in AJ's garage is too cringe, and "Awesome as I Want to Be" seems too...forced / pretentious.

On 12/9/2019 at 7:53 AM, Cash In said:

There are surely a lot of great songs throughout Equestria Girls, but lately I've really warmed up to "Embrace the Magic" from Legend of Everfree. I don't know, something about it just feels so right. 

AYYYYYY B)

but yes, very nice song ^^

3 hours ago, Splashee said:

Well, technically speaking, she is still a villain when she is singing that song. And you can see both Sunset Simmer and Trixie not getting affected by her song. Have a villain song ever made you feel sad? (why does Tempest's "Open Up Your Eyes" song pop up in my head).

Well, when you start asking yourself these kind of questions, you know the show is very well made! :love:

Reveal hidden contents

I have noted that you are 14 years old.
I followed you and put you in my friends list. You don't have your status feed turned on, so I can't talk to you in your profile. So I'll just put it here:

I am 37 years old, a guy, and I don't cry to cartoons made for girls (Equestria Girls). Except somehow I do! :scoots:

ahem

*breathe in* B O I

Try tearing up / crying over a song just by thinking about it x3

Edited by fare67t
  • Brohoof 2

9 hours ago, Nostalgia27 said:

My favourites are "Shine Like Rainbows", "My Past Is Not Today", "Welcome to the Show", "Under Our Spell" and "What More Is Out There".

They're all so nostalgic...

My Past Is Not Today makes me cry like a little baby..

• Brohoof 1