Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

g3/core 7 Who remembers "The Princess Promenade"?

applesjck

I was looking through my old DVDs recently and found my old copy of it! I decided to re-watch it just for the fun of it and it was... something. It's crazy to think that I used to think this movie was all that, when in reality it's really... not that.

There were so many animation problems and bad timing when it came to jokes or just regular conversations in general that I could barely finish it. I specifically remember multiple times where there was a character talking but said character had no mouth animation at all, it was pretty funny honestly. It was definitely fun to look back in the nostalgic sense, but wow I did not really enjoy it.

Also, can we TALK about G3 Rainbow Dash??? The amount of times she's said darling makes my head hurt. :wacko:

2560x1440.jpg

• Brohoof 2

Princess Promenade was some of the only G3 content I remember watching when I was younger. The other was Ladybug Jamboree. I had vague memories of it until I watched a reaction of it. Pretty meh to me. I don't absolutely hate it though, since it holds some nostalgia.

I remember it...very vaguely, since I was really young when I saw it. I doubt it has aged very well from what I've heard, but it is what it is.

Around this time, I had already moved away from cartoons. I was supposed to watch cool movies like "Matrix Revolution", so.... Many years until it was accepted to watch kids cartoons as an adult.

G3 is very colorful, that's all I can say about it. Almost burns my eyes out. :awwthanks:

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Isnt that the Movie with the garden song that is actually pretty good? I have read the start post and i dont remember bad lipsync, but then again i watched the german Version, so maybe they fixed it or i just dont remember anymore. :laugh:

But yeah, i think i liked the movie, it has been years though.

Okay, i just checked, it is the one with the garden song:

Even after listening to it again after years, i still like it. :fluttershy:

This is actually the only Song from G3 that got stuck in my head aside from the main G3 theme.

• 1 year later...

Whatching it right now after I was reminded of its existence by this

Spoiler

"Breezies know how to make daisies grow" grows a tulip

Pinkie and Wisteria encountering a weed :P

Spike we'd like you to meet all of our friends... but first you need to stop smelling like a boy

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

I am genuinely perplexed by this movie and how it is the highest rated MLP film on ImDb I explained this already in another post, but I really don't understand how this has 7.5 and "A very Minty Christmas" only has 4.9...

The WORST MLP film...zero substance...zero lessons. Like, what were the writers thinking?? Pony finds a flower that turns her into a Princess. Gets sad her friends are below her, turns them into princesses. I'm sorry, but how lame and lazy can things get. I'm glad G3 didn't last long, then Faust saved the franchise.

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Spook Conundrum said:

I am genuinely perplexed by this movie and how it is the highest rated MLP film on ImDb I explained this already in another post, but I really don't understand how this has 7.5 and "A very Minty Christmas" only has 4.9...

Like 2 bad products of toothpaste:yuck:  

5 minutes ago, ZiggWheelsManning said:

Like 2 bad products of toothpaste:yuck:  

As embarrassing as it may sound I enjoyed "A Very Minty Christmas" I kind of explained this in the "Have You Seen Gen 1, 2, 3, 3.5 thread... I just can't wrap my head not only around how promenade is not only the highest rated MLP film but why it even exists ..

No, and that image looks so intellectually dishonest. This is the kind of stuff that idiotifies children. Look at those braindead eyes and those plastic smiles.

And you know what is the scariest thing of all? This kind of sh*t has a tangible effect on the psyche of children during the time their brains are developing. And then people grow up and start altering themselves with plastic surgeries, and it is just bizarre, sickening and sad. Not only that, but these people act fake too. Like saccharine. This plastic and denaturalized world is real, unfortunately. I've heard some stories about L.A and California. I've seen it.

This is basically a weapon of mind control, especially if you know how maleable and easy to influence is the mind of a child. This should be purged at all coast. Same with every object, be it intellectual or otherwise, that holds no gravitas towards informing human values based on the natural order. I don't understand how parents do not realize the effect of this kind of stuff. Same with these superflous plastic dolls.

God, this is awful. It is just wrong.

Edited by They call me Loyalty
  • Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, They call me Loyalty said:

No, and that image looks so intellectually dishonest. This is the kind of stuff that idiotifies children. Look at those braindead eyes and those plastic smiles.

And you know what is the scariest thing of all? This kind of sh*t has a tangible effect on the psyche of children during the time their brains are developing. And then people grow up and start altering themselves with plastic surgeries, and it is just bizarre, sickening and sad. Not only that, but these people act fake too. Like saccharine. This plastic and denaturalized world is real, unfortunately. I've heard some stories about L.A and California. I've seen it.

This is basically a weapon of mind control, especially if you know how maleable and easy to influence is the mind of a child. This should be purged at all coast. Same with every object, be it intellectual or otherwise, that holds no gravitas towards informing human values based on the natural order. I don't understand how parents do not realize the effect of this kind of stuff. Same with these superflous plastic dolls.

God, this is awful. It is just wrong.

Totally agree with you on this. This is why G3 failed from the start. The producers fell into the trap that all little girls want is a perfect society where you can be anything you want. But that's far from the truth. God never intended life to be that way. 

• Brohoof 1

17 hours ago, Courageous Thunder Dash said:

Totally agree with you on this. This is why G3 failed from the start. The producers fell into the trap that all little girls want is a perfect society where you can be anything you want. But that's far from the truth. God never intended life to be that way. 

That would be far from perfect. But a rather objectifying practice. Also, few things are perfect about life. It is an arduous process most of the time. Still, there is beauty to it, but also challenge. Which is the reason is so important to inform people with more grounded messages. Rather than denaturalizing and distorting the perception of family, and the role of each sex in this structure of complementary opposites, with unrealistic ideals. Especially in america.

So, as much as I would like to see an automatized world under globalization. An emptier world with emptier playgrounds. I still know this is not good for humankind. 

• Brohoof 1

14 hours ago, Courageous Thunder Dash said:

I don't see what "God" has to do with this. I have to say that G3 feels really strange to look at, I'm so used to G4 and G5, that any past generations feel really strange to me.

17 minutes ago, Props ValRoa said:

I don't see what "God" has to do with this. I have to say that G3 feels really strange to look at, I'm so used to G4 and G5, that any past generations feel really strange to me.

What I'm saying is...society was never meant to be perfect. God created all of us unique. We're not perfect but God is. Why then subject girls to something that's unachievable...? That's why G3 was so bad in the first place, because it was based on a utopian society. Princess Promenade presents a dangerous lie that won't solve anything... 

• Brohoof 1

29 minutes ago, Courageous Thunder Dash said:

What I'm saying is...society was never meant to be perfect. God created all of us unique. We're not perfect but God is. Why then subject girls to something that's unachievable...? That's why G3 was so bad in the first place, because it was based on a utopian society. Princess Promenade presents a dangerous lie that won't solve anything... 

I'm not sure if this statement assesses G3 as a whole as I believe Mintys and Thistle Whistles defectives in the Christmas special show weaknesses and how they can effect others around you and the special circumstances that arise because of them .. I mean I'm a sucker for ANYTHING Christmas, but that's not the point, I watched it and I kind of thought it turned out cute, not a masterpiece by any means but I enjoyed it, I've only seen this special and Promenade, one I thought was good, the other was so boring it was nearly unwatchable, but yeah off my limited g3 experience idk if it sends this message you guys are speaking of in repetition or if this is exclusive to the steaming pile of garbage that is "Princess Promenade."

4 hours ago, Courageous Thunder Dash said:

What I'm saying is...society was never meant to be perfect. God created all of us unique. We're not perfect but God is. 

I do not see what any of that has to do with an MLP related subject. Why are you bringing that up in this thread?

That's why G3 was so bad in the first place, because it was based on a utopian society. Princess Promenade presents a dangerous lie that won't solve anything... 

I never watched it so I can't really exactly comment on that, but if it's true it's based on utopian societies than there isn't really much of interest for character growth and development. 

• Brohoof 1

18 hours ago, Props ValRoa said:

I do not see what any of that has to do with an MLP related subject. Why are you bringing that up in this thread?

There will never be a perfect society. G3 presents a utopia with the most minimal of character development.

• 5 months later...