Bakugou is my Man

I Have OCD When It Comes To...

On 12/8/2019 at 2:18 PM, Olly said:

OCD is an anxiety disorder, and causes much suffering for those of us who have it. It fills my head with constant, persistent, unwanted thoughts, and makes me feel (unreasonably and often) that the people and things I care about, and my own life, are in constant danger that can only be avoided through doing certain mental and/or physical tasks. I wouldn't wish it on anyone, because it can make otherwise pleasant situations unpleasant, and generally makes life more difficult than it would be without another person in your head you can't get rid of. 

^I completely agree with this and it’s very accurately described.^ OCD apparently has several different aspects and none of them are good. Some are a matter of being particularly fastidious and obsessing over little details to maintain order. But this kind of OCD described by @Olly is crippling. I had it for years growing up and even though I’ve overcome it, I still have a brain that sometimes wants to get caught on certain thoughts or actions. I have control now but back in the day it felt like my brain was broken and I could do nothing about it. The brain, being central to human consciousness, must be functional because without that functionality only chaos exists. And since the brain is also responsible for perception of reality it can just as easily skew that perception into a total lie and make it convincing to the point you feel enslaved by this false reality it creates. When I struggled with this affliction, I wasn’t aware there was medication for it, so I had to defeat it by logic and reason. I sympathize with anyone struggling with this crippling disorder.

2 hours ago, Splashee® said:

Definitely OCD about posting in General Discussion :confused:

*OGD :huh:

Hmmm.

OCD when it comes to making no errors or mistakes at work. I can't stand making mistakes, as it gnaws at my very bones if I do and end up contemplating for days on end om what I can improve to not make that mistake again.

Badges

Oh, god, a lot of things-- things being in the wrong spot, having to wash my hands constantly (I'm annoyingly germaphobic), having to sit in the same spot or I get stressed, making sure doors are closed...I hate living in my brain, honestly, because I'm permanently stressed that SOMETHING is wrong regardless of where I am-- it's tiring, but I'm really trying to overcome my faults:fluttershy:

Badges