Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general What do you regret finding out?

TBD

27 minutes ago, zerox said:

On the internets I have found out how batshit crazy some people actually are. Even in my wildest imagination it wouldn't be possible for me to imagine some of the stuff I came across on the internet.

same

• Brohoof 1

17 minutes ago, Adorable Lovestar said:

I don't really regret any kind of knowledge. The idea that someone might regret knowledge is actually kinda scary to me. Is ignorance really that valuable?

I would say yes to a certain degree. There's a difference between ignorance and indifference or arrogance. People are happier by being indiferent because everything has and there's always an easy answer and "logical" explanation to everything but they don't bother with the facts of truth behind them, and in arrogance if there's not an explanation then it's "not your fault" is the others fault because you know either everything or more that the rest without having to confront your way of thinking because you "just know".

An illiterate person can acknowledge their ignorance, same with a literate one. But that can only exist if you actually know things and acknowledge them. Otherwise it should be called something else.

Edited by Ittoni

3 hours ago, Ittoni said:

I would say yes to a certain degree. There's a difference between ignorance and indifference or arrogance. People are happier by being indiferent because everything has and there's always an easy answer and "logical" explanation to everything but they don't bother with the facts of truth behind them, and in arrogance if there's not an explanation then it's "not your fault" is the others fault because you know either everything or more that the rest without having to confront your way of thinking because you "just know".

An illiterate person can acknowledge their ignorance, same with a literate one. But that can only exist if you actually know things and acknowledge them. Otherwise it should be called something else.

I agree, but I don't really see what that has to do with the OP. I was mostly confused about people regretting they've obtained new information

Just now, Adorable Lovestar said:

I agree, but I don't really see what that has to do with the OP. I was mostly confused about people regretting they've obtained new information

because knowing things is generally finding out how sad things are more than the opposite.