Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Favorite PlayStation system?

DivineMist1000

Favorite PlayStation system   

25 users have voted

1. 1. PlayStation systems, including handhelds!

• PS1
    • PS2
    • PS3
    • PS4
    • PSP
    • PS Vita

I will rank them in order from my "favorite" to my "least favorite". 

1. Playstation 4
  2. Playstation 3
  3. Playstation 2
  4. Playstation

Also, the PS4's controller is the most comfortable controller that I've ever used. 

Edited by Sparklefan1234

2 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I will rank them in order from my "favorite" to my "least favorite". 

1. Playstation 4
  2. Playstation 3
  3. Playstation 2
  4. Playstation

Also, PS4 controller is the most comfortable controller that I've ever used. 

:orly: I'm not surprised.

Mine is probably the original Playstation. :)

• Brohoof 2

I've only ever played Wip3out and HotShot Golf on my uncle's PS1, and that was way back in the day. I'm a PC nerd, so I don't play consoles very much. And when I do, it's almost always an Xbox or Nintendo. So... for me, PS1 is the only PlayStation I know. x3

Gotta say tho, Wip3out was an amazing game, and I'd totally play it again if I got the chance.

• Brohoof 1

It's hard for me to decide between the PS2 and the PS4. Both systems were/have been full of new experiences for me. It's hard for me to decide. I want to give the edge to the PS4, but that could just be because it's more recent in my memory.

• Brohoof 1

Either PS1 because it had a lot of now-classic games or PS4 because I currently own it and it serves me well so far. Also, @Sparklefan1234 is correct: Dualshock 4 controller is superb.

As for PS2 and 3, didn't play enough of 2 and never owned 3  : ( 

Edited by Light Blade
  • Brohoof 2

3 hours ago, DivineCheer1000 said:

In honor of the 25th anniversary, let’s see what everyone’s favorite PlayStation system is!

Mine is the PS2!

If you were asking younger me, PS2 would've been my favorite too. :mlp_icwudt: But now that I've had a PSP for two years and absolutely loved it, my eyes have been opened to Sony handhelds being criminally underrated. If only they had their own Pokemon, they'd be called legendary. :kirin:

• Brohoof 1

31 minutes ago, CloudMistDragon said:

If you were asking younger me, PS2 would've been my favorite too. :mlp_icwudt: But now that I've had a PSP for two years and absolutely loved it, my eyes have been opened to Sony handhelds being criminally underrated. If only they had their own Pokemon, they'd be called legendary. :kirin:

Well Monster Hunter on the PSP is part of why it sold so well in Japan. If they had managed to retain that franchise for the Vita(among other things) it might have been able to last longer. And yeah, PSP was awesome, one of my favorite Handhelds ever

Edited by Jefferson Steelflex
  • Brohoof 2

There are so many things to take into account like to give a reply right away.

I know I gave ps2 my vote on this, but I would almost say it was a tie with the psp and I guess I should explain why.

First off, I'll start explaining why the ps4 would be my least favorite. You see, the ps4 is obviously on a fight with the xbox one because they are same gen consoles, and obviously wii U sank horribly. But for the gen it is, it's a shame it lives mostly out of remakes and the prices are so high for everything. The online service is also not as good as it should, and while it has many good exclusives, they don't make up for the price, the online service and overall the security issues it has had in the last years. PS Network is a security nightmare full of breaches. However, I think the weakest part of the ps4 is the retrocompatibility. XBOne has a really nice retrocompatibility. Most of the best xbox 360 and even some xbox games are available for free if you own the disc, and they aren't too much expensive on the online store, while ps4 will make you cry blood because you're likely to have to buy all the physical games you already owned.

PS3... hrm, I guess my complain would be, once again, the high prices. However, there's another thing i really dislike on it, and it's how complicated it is migrating accounts and save datas that have not been stored in the cloud. The xbox 360 had no issues on moving an account around consoles so you could simply put your profile in a pendrive and use it at friend's place and make achievements and so without so many problems. Another thing that annoys me is the lack of more usb ports. 2 front ones and pretty much none on the back make for a hard time if you need to use custom periferics and storage devices at the same time. Hell, if you need to plug 2 usb cables to charge 2 controllers at the same time, you pretty much ran out of ports to use anything else at the same time. Also, while it's true it has some really good exclusives just like the ps4, ps3 features lots of jrpgs that, unless you're too much of an otaku, you're probably going to overlook and go right into God of war, Resistance, Metal Gear Solid 4 and maybe Dark Souls. It does a nice thing with the retrocompatibility on its Phat model, but if you're on a slim you'll be stuck on having to rebuy all your ps2 games (in case they are on the store) and ps1 ones. If you softmod it, then you'll have lots of fun exploiting all the things it has to offer and even using games that weren't released on the store.

PS Vita was a missed chance. That console could have done so much, but Sony blew it and let it die too soon. What a shame.

PS1 was a pioneer on the CD thing. It took the idea Sega and Nintendo had been thinking on for a while and made it almost perfect. It also helped that the thing was cheaper in the latin american market than the N64. A great catalog, some of the best controllers ever and cheaper memory cards than the competence made for the king of that generation. I don't have it higher on my tier because piracy was a problem for it that we exploited a lot in mexico. For us, getting new games was far easier because of that than it should have been, so we got to play far too many games that otherwise we wouldn't have. It would be cheating to give it extra points due that, in all honesty. But still, maaaan, RE3, Medievil, Guilty Gear, Syphon filter, Marvel VS Capcom, Bloody Roar 2, Silent Hill, Alone in the Dark, Sheep dog n wolf, Digimon Rumble Arena... and the list of amazing titles goes on. PS1 was my childhood and that's what makes it amazing.

PSP is my crownless king. The homebrew scene was magnificent, but the console on itself was top tier without it anyway. The catalog was awesome and the fact that many of the best titles from the PS1 were on the PS Store back in the day made it even better. It had amazing exclusives like The 3rd Birthday and Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker, along with many games from the tabletop consoles of the generation such as Silent Hill Origins or Shattered Memories, Def Jam Fight for NYC and The warriors. The multimedia functions it had were one of the best parts of it, since you could use it as a portable music player and even a movie player, and if you really needed to you could even use Skype and browse the web on it. It's ad hoc worked like a charm and multiplayer games were really enjoyable. The battery life was long for the time and that you could use any memory stick with the right adapter helped it a whole lot.

However, my vote went for ps2 because, out from all the Play Station consoles, it's the one with the very best catalog ever. Resident Evil Outbreak, Devil May Cry 3, Castlevania LoI and CoD, Metal Gear Solid 3, Kingdom Hearts, Shinobido, Guilty Gear Isuka, Dark Cloud, Shadow of the colosus, God of war... and so on and on and on. The retrocompatibility worked like a charm and the free netplay was just perfect. There were so many great games I really can't name them all. Up to this day, I haven't played all of the games that were on the PS2, but boy, were they the best games I've played?

• Brohoof 2

The PS2 is the only one that I had much experience with, but I enjoyed using it. Had some pretty good exclusives on it too.

Edited by Cash In

• 2 months later...

PS1/PSX. I have far more memories of playing games with my friends on the PS1 than any other Sony console. I haven't even touched the PS3, PS4 or handhelds. Haven't seen a reason to get any of them. I just emulate the PSP for anything on it I want to play.

• 1 month later...